It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia lieutenant governor threatens Delta after it cuts ties with NRA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I heard this on the news yesterday and thought it was quite disturbing.

Georgia Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle (R) said Monday he would block any tax legislation that benefits Delta Airlines after the company ended its discount program for National Rifle Association (NRA) members.

“I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA. Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back,” Cagle tweeted.

Delta, which is headquartered in Atlanta, is reportedly seeking state approval to restore a sizable fuel tax break that expired several years ago.

The airline is one of several national corporations to end business partnerships with the NRA in recent days following a mass shooting at a Florida high school.

Cagle, who is running for governor this year, issued a statement accusing those companies of “viewpoint discrimination against conservatives and law-abiding gun owners.”

thehill.com...

Using a political office to strongarm a business to give breaks to certain people has got to be illegal. A business should be able to do as it wishes within the law. I don't know if he can actually do this or if it's a political ploy for election purposes but even the threat of such has to be unethical. The power of the gun lobby on display. Disturbing to say the least.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

We need a better search engine.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I feel like I've heard that here on the board once or twice before....

Lol

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Do tax benefits target delta directly.

It seems like lip service.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Please direct your comments to this existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics