It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 US Code §1327: Aiding or assisting certain aliens to enter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Coming soon to a Sanctuary City Near YOU!

8 U.S. Code § 1327 - Aiding or assisting certain aliens to enter
Any person who knowingly aids or assists any alien inadmissible under section 1182(a)(2) (insofar as an alien inadmissible under such section has been convicted of an aggravated felony) or 1182(a)(3) (other than subparagraph (E) thereof) of this title to enter the United States, or who connives or conspires with any person or persons to allow, procure, or permit any such alien to enter the United States, shall be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.

Ineligible aliens: www.law.cornell.edu...

Aiding or assisting certain aliens is in itself a felony. Depending upon how many of these "certain inadmissible aliens" are present in each Sanctuary city/state, those public officials can be charged with a large number of federal offenses.

Sanctuary policies kill. Lets end the madness. These policies were designed to kill, by dampening law enforcement efforts.
edit on 2/28/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

YEAY!!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I think the Twitter in Chief uses this method.....

thehill.com...

www.foxbusiness.com...
edit on 28-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Hahaha

I work with so many illegals.

^_^

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Wow
Will we have to build them their own private vip prisons?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

They can start with San Francisco's Mayor. The warning she gave allowed around 800 criminal illegals to get away. She should be held responsible for any future crimes they commit. She should be held responsible but she won't. Just like the cowards of Broward County. Their actions and negligence caused the deaths of 17 people, along with the shooter. No accountability. That needs to change.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I know several myself Lys, nothing against them.

This is solely focusing on the law makers who think they can ignore federal law.

Full disclosure, I support amnesty/path to citizenship for most immigrants and ~100% for DACA
edit on 2/28/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

No, this is solely for government officials/law makers who want to ignore the law and damage the credibility/legitimacy of our entire judicial system.

That's what happens when laws are selectively ignored.

However, I blame lawmakers not the immigrants. A vast majority of them do great in our country, and I have no issue calling them my neighbors and even advocating for a path to citizenship.

My issue is squarely with the government officials, who are not exempt from this or any other law.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Sadly, stances like this, which is one that I generally hold, make ideologically driven peoples' heads explode.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Jburns and Lys should follow the SF mayor to jail.

Remember, your new jail spouses like it when you squeek as you bite your pillow.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Is this law in effect yet? All these illegals need to do is to file for residency to avoid this. Sanctuary cities are not needed for Illegals if they aren't illegal. The ones who have been convicted of crimes can go back to whence they came.
edit on 28-2-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Remember, your new jail spouses like it when you squeek as you bite your pillow.

I see you speak from experience Homer.

Surprised you don't have your own brand of prostate cushions.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Hahaha

I work with so many illegals.

^_^

You may not want to believe this, but if you knowingly work with illegals and you don't do anything about it then you ARE part of the problem.

I also hear a lot about this providing a path to citizenship from others. In case you were unaware that path already exists. I fail to see why we should reward those who decided to bypass that process, get fake or stolen ID, and continue to break even more laws, just because they've managed to not get cought. I see that as an insult and slap in the face to those who come here Legally. That San Francisco mayor should be in jail already. If not from law enforcement then the people of San Francisco.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeA

You may not want to believe this, but if you knowingly work with illegals and you don't do anything about it then you ARE part of the problem.

He is likely a border agent

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: FHomerK

I see you speak from experience Homer.

Surprised you don't have your own brand of prostate cushions.

My grandfather's name was Homer.... and, so of course was it the name of a great greek writer.

Some people like spaghetti, some do not. This was how a boss of mine at a dinner theatre explained homosexuality to me when I was sixteen, as it was a homosexually super saturated environment. Combine restaurants and theatre, and if you have a difficult time with anything alternative in this world you'd better not work in a dinner theatre. He was gay, and was amazingly eloquent and sensitive in addressing any questions I or the other young people had who worked there.

"I went to his parties as a straight minority, it only introduced me to a wider reality".....

My reference to a jail "romance" is not one of homophobia, it was one of speaking to the idea that there would be experiences forced on you. Experiences that choices led you to, because of choices you had previously made.

My mother was a staunchly conservative anti illegal immigrant person. Until, late in life, she moved to damned near the southern tip of Texas. There, she met good people. Good people from Mexico and elsewhere. And, of course, she met good people who were here illegally. It changed her views almost 180 degrees. I respect that.

However.... life is all about choices. When you decide to drink coffee in the morning, chances are you'll be far more alert than if you had not and are that much less likely to cause a car accident. When you choose to come into a country illegally, as a rational and thinking individual with the power to make their own choices, you do so knowing full well that you are breaking their laws.

I've mentioned this previously, and of course people cried boo-hoo at the notion, but I have a VERY close tie to all of this in the form of personal experience. As the father of an EU citizen, I have ZERO rights with regards to trying to immigrate to the UK and be an active part of my child's life. I was faced with a decision. Do I try to immigrate legally? Well, the UK has it's full of us Americans. The only way to walk into the UK and become a citizen (unless you're wealthy and intend to take your wealth there such as half of Hollywood, think Madonna) is to do so if you happened to have won the immigration lottery. I had to weigh my options. Should I go illegally? What would that say to my daughter? What quality of life would I have, and how would it impact her life?

When it comes to anchor babies and DACA, I feel nothing but the shared pain of a parent who is due to be separated from their children. But we all have choices to make, and as adults we've learned, choices have consequences.

I don't want anyone treated unfairly. I don't want lives ruined. I don't want parents separated from children and vice versa. BUT..... every single damned country in the world has rules about immigration. Violate those laws, and guess what. You are now a criminal. Are some criminals less criminal than others in their actions? Did their actions have good intentions behind them? YES.... but as someone used to tell me routinely, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I could care less of heaven and hell, as I am not religious. But, I feel that is more of a morality tale realistically speaking than a a biblical lesson.

Now, rules and laws. As a child, I was taught when you were at a friends house, you obeyed THEIR rules. Don't like them? Don't go over to your friends house. Pure and simple. Those here illegally are disrespecting the rules that we have created. And what is happening as a result? Emergency rooms flooded for primary care, that then get stiffed on the price of treatment. A vast amount of monies earned do NOT go back into the economy, instead sent back to their "home" country. Some people turn to illegal crimes once they come here. They're here illegally, why not. Is this everyone? NO. There are GOOD people here... illegally. Just not all of them. Also, what about introducing illnesses to our society? Illnesses we have taken care of if not eliminated from our culture, and yet someone with 100% good intentions violated our laws, lived outside our system's infrastructure, and spreads sickness unwillingly.

Are all illegal immigrants disease ridden, criminally minded, destroyers of our economy? NO.

But, in life..... if a friend wishes you remove your shoes upon entering the house..... are the consequences of disrespecting that person's own desires worthwhile?

And, I'll ask you this.... people like the Mayor of SF..... what is the likelyhood of their actions being 100% altruistic ?

I'm sorry. Don't like the law? Then work to change it within. Is it going to go 100% your way? Unlikely. Will compromises need to be made? Likely.

Don't like your situation in your home country? Then you need to work within to change things there. Moving here, or anywhere illegally, really only opens the individual up to greater penalties and does precious little to build a sound foundation to build on for yourself, or loved ones there with you. Breaking those laws, and the consequences of doing so, also impacts far more than yourself. It impacts the people you love and care about, and the people who's laws you broke.

I am not a cruel, heartless person. I simply cannot see things for anything other than what they are.

Illegal immigrants do not help the situation (for themselves or others), they hurt the situation. And it also means that it will ONLY make legal immigration harder for those that choose the legitimate road to obtaining citizenship.

I made my own personal choices. Those who broke laws did too. As well as those who broke laws by way of helping others to break laws.

This, is the reality of the situation.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think the Twitter in Chief uses this method.....

thehill.com...

www.foxbusiness.com...

hmmm...I wonder if trump gave them bonuses or pay raises, like he is telling everyone else would happen with the tax cuts?...i'm not holding my breath

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Depending upon how many of these "certain inadmissible aliens" are present in each Sanctuary city/state, those public officials can be charged with a large number of federal offenses.

Not unless they helped them to enter the country. Read the law you posted.

edit on 2/28/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You seem to have chopped of "to enter" in your analysis of the application of this law.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

How else will we get them to share there flying saucer technology if we don't allow aliens in??

new topics

join