It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence: Legal [child murder] will end with this generation

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

You probably should crack open that book you're thumping on and see what it actually says.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Jesus never said a word condemning it. As a matter of fact he said it would have been better for some people not to have been born.

πŸ™„πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...How ironical... Jesus said the words β€œ it would be better had they not been born”.. in regards to people who harm children. He despises that with a passion and describes a lake of fire they will be thrown in as punishment, followed by the quote above .

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Jesus never said a word condemning it. As a matter of fact he said it would have been better for some people not to have been born.

πŸ™„πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...How ironical... Jesus said the words β€œ it would be better had they not been born”.. in regards to people who harm children. He despises that with a passion and describes a lake of fire they will be thrown in as punishment, followed by the quote above .

How ironical! Another so called Christian who doesn't know what the "Good Book" says!

Matthew 26:24 24The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born."

Ooops, nothing about harming kiddies.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

How does religion have anything to do with child murder? There is an objective right vs. wrong. It is clear that killing children is not on the "right" side of that spectrum. That being said, there are always going to be instances where it is necessary: medical emergency, etc. Of course that is merely my personal opinion, I do not and would not support ANY attempt to legislate that opinion and impose that on others.

Maybe the next big anti-gun push will remind the left that it is OK to hate something but still not advocate harming others by rescinding their rights.

edit on 3/15/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Oops.. my bad.. got that verse confused with this one .

Matthew, Mark and Luke all report the same teaching of Jesus, "whoever would harm one of these little ones, it would be better for him if he had a heavy weight fastened about his neck and be thrown into the sea" - or similar, depending on which translation you are using.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

How does religion have anything to do with child murder?

Ask the people who bring "god" into the discussion.

There is an objective right vs. wrong.

No there isn't.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I think there are objective right and wrongs..

Murder , rape and theft cause enemies willing to risk their lives/livelihoods to retaliate.

That retaliation makes rape/murder break down social bonds between different groups .

Making those that do not rape and murder have an evolutionary advantage over those who do,atleast once a species hits the hunter father phase.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Apparently you are thumping it already enough for the both of us. I’m sad you misunderstand God and what he says in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Apparently you are thumping it already enough for the both of us. I’m sad you misunderstand God and what he says in the Bible.

but the god in the bible kills plenty on of people in fact its into the millions, from genocides like the flooding, sodom and Gomorrah, to single people like lots wife it goes on and on.
the god of the bible is vengeful and murderous theres nothing loving about him

list of gods kills
edit on 16/3/2018 by kerrichin because: adding a link

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

what about the other larger proportion of children in foster care who end up on the streets, neglected or forgot.
why are we only showing one view.

Of course there are individual cases where other factors need to be considered. I’m just saying many couples are awaiting newborns, and there are also many good foster care homes. At least they are getting a chance at life, despite how cold and hard this world can be.

Hmmn....Children's Homes??

Isn't that where Jimmy Saville and his ilk got their victims from?

Young deprived children desperate for love and affection!!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah birth control is terrible.

Hell the only reason this thread was created, and so many 'wonderful' people have posted is because our mothers didn't find us inconvenient.

So many 'wonderful' virtuous, pious, and righteous people on this thread!!??

Surely cant be if these statics are true....

At the same time, women who had abortions pre-Roe are left out, as are those who had illegal abortions post-Roe (yes, that still happens). Working with the data that we do have on the prevalence of abortion, I think 40 percent is a pretty good, albeit imperfect, estimate.

www.newsweek.com...

As that equates to almost half of ALL women some of these 'wonderful' women

are not being fully honest? ..... but then they dont have to answer to 'anyone'

their body their choice.

Therefor the odds are that all the pious, righteous, and virtuous people on this

thread will have had either a sister, mother, aunt, grandmother, or

niece who has had an abortion? but then its not the sort of thing that comes out in

casual conversation.

Stones and glass houses come to mind.....

edit on 16-3-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If banning abortions wouldn't be so useless, yes you could do that and make sure you ruin a hell of a lot of adult women's lives. But grown adults don't count do they, only fetuses that have no idea about anything yet.
If abortion would be unnatural, it would also be on the debatable table but it isn't. Animals perform abortions by eating certain plants and they don't do it for any other reason than: "Whoa it's gonna be a cold winter and there won't be enough food for all of us". Nature doesn't teach us at all that the unborn are somehow 'very special', it teaches us the opposite.

It teaches that the adult knows best and can have more offspring when the timing is better.

All the tear inducing ethics around abortions are human made.

If banning abortions would result in happy mothers and offspring, then again, why not? But it doesn't does it?
Historic [and modern] 'trials' are showing us that banning abortion leads to women using rusty coat hangers to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy. Something only really, really desperate humans do.

Don't get me wrong, using abortion as a contraceptive as it is sometimes done in the western world could be seen as wrong by some, but I always think that any child born into a family or to a woman who'd do that would not become a valuable member of society anyways, so it's really none of my concern if the women can square it with themselves.

However a great many [majority] of abortions are done for far more serious reasons. In Ireland women have died who developed pre eclampsia for example or who have weak hearts because abortion under any circumstance was illegal.

It's nuts. Plus I don't think a man should make any decisions about this at all. Unless they can carry children, it's not up to them. It may seem 'unfair' or make some angry that I believe that the woman has the last word, but it is so because she has to carry and grow a human for 9 bloody months and it will be her dying if something goes wrong and often it will be her whose life will be a misery or spent in poverty if the 'man' is doing a runner [and a lot of them do].

You can't force another human to enter a state that can be dangerous or is detrimental to mental and physical health if they don't want to. You just can't. Tough s4it, but the women have the last word!

edit on 16-3-2018 by Hecate666 because: grammar

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

If banning abortions wouldn't be so useless, yes you could do that and make sure you ruin a hell of a lot of adult women's lives. But grown adults don't count do they, only fetuses that have no idea about anything yet.
If abortion would be unnatural, it would also be on the debatable table but it isn't. Animals perform abortions by eating certain plants and they don't do it for any other reason than: "Whoa it's gonna be a cold winter and there won't be enough food for all of us". Nature doesn't teach us at all that the unborn are somehow 'very special', it teaches us the opposite.

And yet your Mother loved you enough not to kill you. Think about that.

And who fed you that Anthropormorphic garbage about Animals aborting by plant eating...hilarious. Fit for an animated Disney movie. Hakuna Matata! LOL!

edit on 16-3-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

All the tear inducing ethics around abortions are human made.

Historic [and modern] 'trials' are showing us that banning abortion leads to women using rusty coat hangers to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy. Something only really, really desperate humans women do.

Plus I don't think a man should make any decisions about this at all. Unless they can carry children, it's not up to them. It may seem 'unfair' or make some angry that I believe that the woman has the last word, but it is so because she has to carry and grow a human for 9 bloody months and it will be her dying if something goes wrong and often it will be her whose life will be a misery or spent in poverty if the 'man' is doing a runner [and a lot of them do].

The last bastion of control over women

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: Hecate666

And yet your Mother loved you enough not to kill you. Think about that.

Oh look another emotive post designed to evoke feelings of guilt.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

my mom has told me up front, if she had it to over again, I wouldn't have been born, or that many of my siblings. but, I was born in a time where she really didn't have much of a choice, so here I am. was I loved, ya, was I wanted though, not so much.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

my mom has told me up front, if she had it to over again, I wouldn't have been born, or that many of my siblings. but, I was born in a time where she really didn't have much of a choice, so here I am. was I loved, ya, was I wanted though, not so much.

So I guess the big question you should be asking yourself is .. is it better to be than not to be.
?.. despite not being a wanted pregnancy.

What would you choose.. no life ? Or perhaps a very tough life at times ?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

So I guess the big question you should be asking yourself is .. is it better to be than not to be.
?.. despite not being a wanted pregnancy.

What would you choose.. no life ? Or perhaps a very tough life at times ?

If you have never existed.... never been conscious.... how can you possibly know

what being alive is like?

So you dont get to choose, not your choice ....

You either are or you are not

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Dumb answer... and I was asking dawnstar !

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

or maybe the essence of me, my spirit would have found another vessel to inhabit?

and by the way, I am of belief that we lose alot when we enter the physical plane. there are much better places to be in creation... we come here just to learn..

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join