It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick's Sporting Goods to stop selling assault-style rifles in wake of Florida school shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
*shrugs* never shopped at dicks, always found cheaper and better made sports equipment at several smaller more local companies.
If they dont want to sell it, no biggie many others will continue to sell it.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Only a newbie would buy a AR platform at Dick's. I buy local or PSA or build my own.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Didn't Dick's do this one time before and after things calmed down they brought them back in. I guess you got to make a buck one way or another.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I quit shopping there awhile ago anyhow. I have a Dicks 1/10th the distance as the Cabelas and go there anyhow. Much better store and clearly a much better company.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
limp dicks sporting goods

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Walmart just announced they are raising the age to buy firearms to 21 also.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Talk of boycotts is much better than the dummies on my FB feed screaming that their civil liberties are being violated because they won't sell guns to someone under 21. No matter how much I try to explain that this just isn't civil liberties work.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
They just have to look like they are doing something to assuage the image of their culpability in this. Assault-style what a deflection.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis
Just curious. Can stores legally raise the age for buying a rifle?

Private businesses can do whatever they please (within reason). I've been in stores that won't sell matches or lighters to people under 18, and that's not even a law here; the stores just feel that it's best to keep fire out of the hands of children.

A store can refuse the sale of any item to any person for any reason.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I can burn a whole day just wandering through the enormous showroom of high end weaponry that Cabelas has.

Any time left in the day can be killed at a Buccee's

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Amazing stores. I always feel like I'm in a museum. The one in Kansas City was amazing, but I've still yet to visit the one in my area now. They just opened one in my town about a year ago.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Academy Sports also stopped selling the AR15 in Florida, but only in Florida. I suspect some law makers or the governor put some pressure on these stores.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If not said already...thank you for using the proper term of "assault style" to describe the rifles. I, like every other responsible gun enthusiast, abhor the violence that is being associated with these types of rifles, but the problem is not the scary black gun.

It is kind of like those Death Race movies, where they score points for killing people with cars. I can make my car into a menacing looking copy of one of those and drive it all around legally (yes, I have seen a few on the roads before). People will stare, point it out to others, compliment it, ask questions, many who have seen the movies will recognize it, etc.
It is just an odd, hobbyist type car until I start running people down with it...then it becomes a weapon...and scary. Just like a '92 Toyota Tercel becomes once you start running people down with it (sorry Toyota...innocent looking example intended only). But the images of which one would stick out most and make the headlines if the exact same amount of people were killed by the above two vehicles?

It is psychology and association.

Anyway, Sat. morning dose of two pennies.

Enjoy your day folks.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
April 1, 2019

Dick's gun ban has cost the chain $150 million thus far...

Source: bigleaguepolitics.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join