It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Gabriel - Didn't he get sick?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
See how that works? Now, ever slip of the mind is Dun-Dun-Dunnnn--

Mandelas fault.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Zelun
a reply to: opethPA

Golly, it's amazing we even made it into the information age without search engines.

What does that have to do with your statement of dont use facts use something that has been proven to be faulty?

Get 10 people and play Whisper Down the Lane , you can create your own ME that way.

I'd tell you, but your memory of me telling you would undoubtedly be faulty and you'd have to google it anyway.

Listen. This isn't a "let's debunk the ME" thread, it's a "does anyone remember PG getting sick" thread. Because I remember him getting sick. I've googled it, I didn't find anything about it, so now I'm asking other people who were alive at the time what they remember. Some people remember it. There doesn't have to be a supernatural explanation, it could have been something in news that got retracted. So in that case would my memory be faulty, or would the search engine be faulty for not reporting a retracted news story, or something in a back-issue that hasn't been digitized?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Well, well, well! I am sat here with my students (mature students....3 of them) and like myself 2 of them also thought Gabriel had died back in the '90's!! How awful is that!!!
Feel really bad and guilty now

Rainbows
Jane

PS....got him mudled up with Robert Palmer lol!....not feeling so bad now

Would you mind clarifying that please? I'm wondering if there was a news report or something about Gabriel in the 90s that got retracted or something like that. Were your students also thinking of Robert Palmer? He died in '03. Did your students indicate what they thought whoever died in the '90s died of? Thanks for your feedback!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

No, I was talking about the water that turns frogs gay.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Wait didn't that turn out to be true?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Well, well, well! I am sat here with my students (mature students....3 of them) and like myself 2 of them also thought Gabriel had died back in the '90's!! How awful is that!!!
Feel really bad and guilty now

Rainbows
Jane

PS....got him mudled up with Robert Palmer lol!....not feeling so bad now

I remember when he died. (Robert)

I think he was sneaking sally through the alley at the time.

Great singer. Wearing them sailing shoes now.

edit on 2 28 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

OMG! I think I drank some of that!

Good thing I'm a Prince!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
no man....it was him or his bandmate......I get him mixed up with the other bald dude drummer/ singer

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
no man....it was him or his bandmate......I get him mixed up with the other bald dude drummer/ singer

Phil Collins.

Sue sue Sudio!

Henley does a comb over.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I'm wondering if anyone else has a memory of Peter Gabriel dying of HIV/AIDS? Again, I'm really embarrassed to ask this. It's just such a strong impression in my mind that he had.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Robert Palmer. Genesis, etc.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Dunno about sick or dying. Though, I always mistake him with another Peter apparently. Looked it up, and it's not the one named Peter that I'm mistaking him with.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Golly, it's amazing we even made it into the information age without search engines.

What does that have to do with your statement of dont use facts use something that has been proven to be faulty?

Get 10 people and play Whisper Down the Lane , you can create your own ME that way.

I'd tell you, but your memory of me telling you would undoubtedly be faulty and you'd have to google it anyway.

Listen. This isn't a "let's debunk the ME" thread, it's a "does anyone remember PG getting sick" thread. Because I remember him getting sick. I've googled it, I didn't find anything about it, so now I'm asking other people who were alive at the time what they remember. Some people remember it. There doesn't have to be a supernatural explanation, it could have been something in news that got retracted. So in that case would my memory be faulty, or would the search engine be faulty for not reporting a retracted news story, or something in a back-issue that hasn't been digitized?

Fair enough.
I don't remember Peter Gabriel getting sick.
I do however remember Phil Collins, same band as PG, getting sick.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Absolutely he did not die

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Was it Peter Frampton?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I'm wondering if anyone else has a memory of Peter Gabriel dying of HIV/AIDS? Again, I'm really embarrassed to ask this. It's just such a strong impression in my mind that he had.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Robert Palmer. Genesis, etc.

As far as I know Robert Palmer was never associated with Genesis, and he died in 2003 of a heart attack.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelunahw

robert palmer's dead...?oh yea...same time as billy graham the second time.....

edit on 28-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Fair enough.
I don't remember Peter Gabriel getting sick.
I do however remember Phil Collins, same band as PG, getting sick.

Thanks for that. I have no recollection of Phil Collins getting sick unless you count drug addiction, only that he was sort of a jerk and wasn't as talented as Peter Gabriel. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

No, more 80s era. But not quite Peter Murphy.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

No, more 80s era. But not quite Peter Murphy.

We talking Cuts You Up era or the Passion of Lovers era?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

That would be amazing, as he is playing here in the middle of April, with Steve Miller..no ..Steve Miller is not dead either.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join