It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Gabriel - Didn't he get sick?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
I thought Peter Gabriel got sick, and I thought he got HIV and died back in the 80's - early 90's.

Nope. Now Andy Latimer got pretty sick, but beat it and is still around. Maybe mixing up your Prog icons?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

a reply to: InhaleExhale

I don't explicitly remember that he had died, to be honest. The memory is that he was sick, and that it was HIV, which was pretty much a death-sentence at the time. But it was definitely Peter Gabriel because I remember thinking how Sledgehammer was in poor taste because he was going to die from VD.

ETA: or had died.

Freddy died of AIDS.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Well, already two other people report recalling hearing of him being sick. That's the only question I'm asking: does anyone else remember Peter Gabriel being sick in the late 80's, early 90's. What do you remember from that time period about Peter Gabriel. Don't use Google, use your memory.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Mandela Effect = people with poor, false, or over excitable memories.

Is this what ATS is becoming?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

I hope he didn't drink the tap water.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Mandela Effect = people with poor, false, or over excitable memories.

Is this what ATS is becoming?

Maybe its a bleed over from the idea that feelings are as valuable as facts.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Well, already two other people report recalling hearing of him being sick. That's the only question I'm asking: does anyone else remember Peter Gabriel being sick in the late 80's, early 90's. What do you remember from that time period about Peter Gabriel. Don't use Google, use your memory.

I don't remember him being sick.

Unless he directed the Shock the Monkey vid.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Other people desperate to have interesting events to blow their bored minds away.

I could make up any non-event, and would probably get people to agree. Partially for what I've mentioned, and a little herd mentality mixed in.

Not being cruel, just pointing out the flaw in this whole time lines BS.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Got it..

Dont use a search engine that can give actual facts.
Do use your memory that has been and can be wrong.

That sums up the whole ME silliness right there.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Okay okay! Jeez. I never should have included the M-word. The only question I'm asking is whether anyone else remembers Peter Gabriel getting sick sometime around the early 90's. My guess is your answer is no because you went to debunkery mode rather than just answering the question. Thanks for the feedback.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Golly, it's amazing we even made it into the information age without search engines.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Too true. You're not from Wiltshire, by any chance? Nice flag.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Hey, OR it could have been a bad news story that only affected a particular geographic area, you know, then got retracted.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

a reply to: opethPA

Golly, it's amazing we even made it into the information age without search engines.

What does that have to do with your statement of dont use facts use something that has been proven to be faulty?

Get 10 people and play Whisper Down the Lane , you can create your own ME that way.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Or, PG never got sick and you are just mistaken. You sure you are not thinking of Robert Palmer?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Hey look. I'm sorry I suggested the M-word. My mistake, I just think it's a fun thing to think about, and also that Gabriel was involved in the popular movement to liberate Nelson M-word. I think I've been pretty clear throughout this thread that I'm just asking how people remember a particular period of history, and that I'm open to any possibility. I mean look at my star/flag count. Do I look to you like someone seeking attention?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

No, just a false memory, no "Mandela anything" needed.

Another good one from 1980........

Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

That's a good suggestion, but I can't find anything about him getting sick around that time, only that he moved out of the Bahamas because he was worried about drugs and violence. Robert Palmer, that is.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

He wasn't ill, he died in 2003 of a heart attack. At least, he did in my timeline.....?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well, well, well! I am sat here with my students (mature students....3 of them) and like myself 2 of them also thought Gabriel had died back in the '90's!! How awful is that!!!
Feel really bad and guilty now

Rainbows
Jane

PS....got him mudled up with Robert Palmer lol!....not feeling so bad now
edit on 28-2-2018 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join