It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUD spends $31,561 on a dining room set for Secretary Ben Carson's office

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: odzeandennz

After the old dining set was deemed unrepairable, a new set was ordered by career staffers in charge of the operations of HUD's headquarters building, the agency said. 

Ordered by career staffers. Thanks for outlining that this has f#ck all to do with Ben Carson.

mentalist, does it matter who ordered it? it was purchased in December.

you think staffers just order things at their will without a green light or the ok?

because when it was purchased, it was purchased by employees who worked in the department for a long time clears who its being purchased for? whos going to be accountable for a purchase that was ok'd by the department, staffers running errands or who ever ordered the purchase....

They seem to do everything else without orders from the top, right?

Yes or no?

Do I actually need to cite subordinates doing things on their own, Holder, Loretta, Lois?

So either Ben ordered the table and ordered it to be put in the basement for 18 months until he remembered he had it or someone else ordered it.

edit on 2 28 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

What is that? 10 ranting posts where you completely miss the critical fact that the dining set was ordered 3 months ago?

The dining room set, which will seat about 10 people comfortably, was ordered on Dec. 21 from a Baltimore, Maryland, company, Sebree and Associates, records show. HUD will pay $31,561 for the set, according to records

The dining set is not in Caron's office. It's in an an adjoining room:

The agency said the dining set was considered "a building expense" rather than a decoration and was not ordered by Carson. The set is in a room adjoining the secretary's office.

No, the dining set didn't come out of the basement. No, it wasn't ordered under the previous administration.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It gets better.

www.theguardian.com...

Lounge Furniture.....

The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (Hud) has agreed to spend $165,000 on “lounge furniture” for its Washington headquarters, in addition to a $31,000 dining set purchased for housing secretary Ben Carson’s office.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Irishhaf
As if over spending has not occurred under every single administration in our life time.

But yea sure go ahead and raise your blood pressure being offended because of reasons... now I am sure that will help.

Do you prefer to get upset about the poor abusing the meager benefits they get?

This is good reason to have a raised blood pressure, obviously you don't care but I'm not happy about my tax money being spent on this crap.

Then I hope you have been pissed for a long time otherwise you might be a bit of a hypocrite.

EDIT: if you do the search I know you will find numerous agencies wildly over paying for a variety of things under the previous administratioin.

So instead of draining the swamp it’s just business as usual?

Glad that’s settled.

Not exactly, I just don't see the point on freaking out over organizations that were allowed to run rampant for decades over spending on a wide variety of things, when the people that allowed it to happen, the people with direct over site are still sitting in congress.

But despite the fake outrage over this now id say 75% of the people acting outraged will not even give a second thought to a third party candidate in the midterms, and will instead vote in the same parties that have lead to this being commonplace behavior.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Christ isn't somebody doing something about this?

I can't believe this.

Williams made false statements to the Guardian in emails last Friday while an article on Foster’s claims was being prepared.

“When it comes to the secretary’s office, the only money HUD spent was $3,200 to put up new blinds in his office and the deputy secretary’s office,” Williams said in an email, declaring this information to be “on background” without prior agreement.

Asked to confirm, as the Guardian had been told by a source, that “a new dining-room-style table was also purchased”, Williams replied: “Yeah, that’s inaccurate.” After news of Foster’s complaint was followed by US media, Williams confirmed on Tuesday that $31,000 was in fact spent on a new dining set for Carson’s offices.

US housing department to spend $165,000 on own furniture as it faces $6.8bn budget cut

www.theguardian.com...

Scum.

When asked on Tuesday to explain his misleading statement, Williams falsely stated that he had been asked only about spending on improvements to Carson’s office from what he called “the decorating budget”.

www.theguardian.com...

But as usual Trump's supporters jump in to protect his administration at any means necessary.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

At this point in time. I feel like just saying to any Trump supporter.

You are a hypocrite. You portray yourself as the party of morality. Yet the people you've elected are clearly anything other than moral. You've sold your soul to the devil and threw your support Trump. And he's just as bad as the rest. Shame on you.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The dude found BILLIONS in waste, and the office was pre-furnished.

Another faux outrage thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

At this point in time. I feel like just saying to any Trump supporter.

You are a hypocrite. You portray yourself as the party of morality. Yet the people you've elected are clearly anything other than moral. You've sold your soul to the devil and threw your support Trump. And he's just as bad as the rest. Shame on you.

No, we never claimed to be the party of morality, that would be the left. And they've done a helluva job with all their hashtags and cafeteria causes.

No, if we claim to be anything, it might be the party of the rule of law.
edit on 28-2-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
3000 dollar blinds? Seriously?

We didn't pay that much to redo our entire kitchen for my sister. Three thousand dollars? WTF? I'm in the wrong business, I need to start sellin' stuff to the gubbmint.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Christ isn't somebody doing something about this?

I can't believe this.

Williams made false statements to the Guardian in emails last Friday while an article on Foster’s claims was being prepared.

“When it comes to the secretary’s office, the only money HUD spent was $3,200 to put up new blinds in his office and the deputy secretary’s office,” Williams said in an email, declaring this information to be “on background” without prior agreement.

Asked to confirm, as the Guardian had been told by a source, that “a new dining-room-style table was also purchased”, Williams replied: “Yeah, that’s inaccurate.” After news of Foster’s complaint was followed by US media, Williams confirmed on Tuesday that $31,000 was in fact spent on a new dining set for Carson’s offices.

US housing department to spend $165,000 on own furniture as it faces $6.8bn budget cut

www.theguardian.com...

Scum.

When asked on Tuesday to explain his misleading statement, Williams falsely stated that he had been asked only about spending on improvements to Carson’s office from what he called “the decorating budget”.

www.theguardian.com...

But as usual Trump's supporters jump in to protect his administration at any means necessary.

Yeah, $32k for a table sucks.

Impeach Carson!!

WASHINGTON SECRETS

VA spends $20 million on art, $670,000 for the blind

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

OK!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

In response to a request for comment Tuesday, HUD said only blinds were purchased for Carson's office and were within the $5,000 limit. The agency said the dining set was considered "a building expense" rather than a decoration and was not ordered by Carson. The set is in a room adjoining the secretary's office.

www.chicagotribune.com...

They spent $31K on a friggin dining room set. How on Earth can anybody find this acceptable? It baffles me. It really does. The cognative disonance on here.

I just love how Carson's saying he had no say over something ordered for his own department. Absolute BS, and ATSers should be above this nonsense.

Appears as tho you're used to the lyin' Democrats who ran the gov't til just recently...Ben Carson is as honest as the day is long...A dining set that expensive is no doubt custom made and can't be returned and if Carson said he didn't order it, he didn't order it...

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So Carson did nothing. OK

Seems quite cheap compared to the Obama's spending more than half a million remodeling the White House dining room which was remodeled by the Clinton's the time before that. HUD is doing it on the cheap in comparison.

Shouldn't this be about whoever actually bought that?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

In response to a request for comment Tuesday, HUD said only blinds were purchased for Carson's office and were within the $5,000 limit. The agency said the dining set was considered "a building expense" rather than a decoration and was not ordered by Carson. The set is in a room adjoining the secretary's office.

www.chicagotribune.com...

They spent $31K on a friggin dining room set. How on Earth can anybody find this acceptable? It baffles me. It really does. The cognative disonance on here.

I just love how Carson's saying he had no say over something ordered for his own department. Absolute BS, and ATSers should be above this nonsense.

Appears as tho you're used to the lyin' Democrats who ran the gov't til just recently...Ben Carson is as honest as the day is long...A dining set that expensive is no doubt custom made and can't be returned and if Carson said he didn't order it, he didn't order it...

Seats 10 also.

Try to find hand hewn 1,000 yo redwood table tops for 4, let alone 10!

I saw one in the philippines at the Baguio Country Club.

Very nice.

Maybe I can find a pic.

Ok, here.

It's like my buds work at RI school of Design.

Now we can talk place settings. Fish and salad forks? Porcelain or Plastic? European coffee spoons or swizzle sticks from starbucks?

Gotta draw the line somewhere!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
So Carson did nothing. OK

Seems quite cheap compared to the Obama's spending more than half a million remodeling the White House dining room which was remodeled by the Clinton's the time before that. HUD is doing it on the cheap in comparison.

Shouldn't this be about whoever actually bought that?

Holy crap! they rented the Lincoln bedroom!

Talking Motel 6 level, hope the CDC cleared it.

Know what a hand stuffed king sized straw bed goes for now a days?!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So Julián Castro ordered a fancy table and Dr. Carson is to blame.

Obviously it is time to impeach Trump.

And Melania.

Obviously.

(sorry, I am having a hard time even drudging up the sarcasm to post. Maybe we should just loot Dr. Carson's office. That'll show him!)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I wonder about bed bugs. Even the nicest of hotels are having problems with them, I wonder if they get them in the White House?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I wonder about bed bugs. Even the nicest of hotels are having problems with them, I wonder if they get them in the White House?

The secret service will wrestle them to the ground.

Like they used to do with Ford's cutlery.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
No one really thought that $32k table was anything less than protected old wood confiscated from Gibson, right?

lol!!

F'n govt.

Deal. No more!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Small price to MAGA.

How much did Moochelle spend on vacations again?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOprah

Small price to MAGA.

How much did Moochelle spend on vacations again?

Her and her 300 handmaidens?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join