It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUD spends $31,561 on a dining room set for Secretary Ben Carson's office

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: scrounger

Who was the furniture purchased by again?

SMH

again from the ARTICLE YOU PRESENTED.

It was IN BASEMENT STORAGE (ALREADY).

direct quote "purchased previously PRIOR TO HIS ARRIVAL"

He DID NOT REQUEST IN ADVANCE.

YOUR OWN SOURCE you used STATED THIS

did you read it ?

Your not even trying to be factually honest are you?

Scrounger

edit on 28-2-2018 by scrounger because: quoted for accuracy

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

BTW your own article clearly stated WHEN PURCHASED what budget it came from.

but unless you have some "missing part" that they did not publish NO WHERE does it say UNDER HIS ADMINISTRATION/WATCH he had it purchased.

if your gonna use an article for your anti trump / anti trump administration rants you may (just a suggestion) READ IT FIRST.

If you did I suspect you would not have used it because it has DESTROYED your whole argument (rant?) and at minimum harmed (if not destroyed) your credibility this time as well

Scrounger

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I see the government is making progress in cutting back on wasteful spending. A government procured toilet used to cost $20 grand.

The President also negotiated lower pricing with Boeing for two new Air Force One jets this week. Saved U.S. taxpayers whopping $1.4 billion over what the Obama Administration had originally contracted to pay.

www.foxnews.com...

The Era of Trump is WUNDERFUL.

Exactly.....

Mr Carson went to government storage and picked up something ALREADY PAID FOR instead of buying new just for him.

In an article from years past mentioned in the whitehouse alone they store lots of furniture and items from previous administrations for any new president (and I suspect if needed others) to use.

Many government departments , local and state governments have the same storage.

as for the new AF1 name me ONE ADMINISTRATION that ever looked at a big ticket item that was ready to go and said "too much, make it lower or no go"?
funny cant find obama, clinton, and to be honest bush ever to do that.

he SAVED that amount...not spend less, not "didn't ask for less but sill got more" but ACTUAL SAVINGS.

Scrounger

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

im not sure what attacks, or what hatred or bs you're talking about. breathe before you type.

After the old dining set was deemed unrepairable, a new set was ordered by career staffers in charge of the operations of HUD's headquarters building, the agency said.

The dining room set, which will seat about 10 people comfortably, was ordered on Dec. 21 from a Baltimore, Maryland, company, Sebree and Associates, records show. HUD will pay $31,561 for the set, according to records

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

After the old dining set was deemed unrepairable, a new set was ordered by career staffers in charge of the operations of HUD's headquarters building, the agency said. 

Ordered by career staffers. Thanks for outlining that this has f#ck all to do with Ben Carson.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

In response to a request for comment Tuesday, HUD said only blinds were purchased for Carson's office and were within the $5,000 limit. The agency said the dining set was considered "a building expense" rather than a decoration and was not ordered by Carson. The set is in a room adjoining the secretary's office.

www.chicagotribune.com...

They spent $31K on a friggin dining room set. How on Earth can anybody find this acceptable? It baffles me. It really does. The cognative disonance on here.

I just love how Carson's saying he had no say over something ordered for his own department. Absolute BS, and ATSers should be above this nonsense.

So you double down on info that proves your OP as false? Thanks for letting us know how responsible he has been with our tax dollars and how irresponsible previous admins were.
edit on 28-2-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So your response when Vector calls you out with a quote from your original source is to find a new source...

Weak sauce, just admit you got caught in a rush attempting a gotcha and move on.

you should re read and admit the same thing...

but this is acceptable now. its happening under Trump.

First here is what you posted clear for all to see.

You make an accusation that someone didnt read the article and was jumping to conclusions.

then at the end you CLEARLY made an anti trump attack.

what I did was call you out (using the same article) you claimed supported an anti trump OP and that irishhaf was wrong that it showed YOU were wrong.

No where is pointing out FACTS an "attack" or needing "to take a breath" unless your either an anti trump or liberal.

Add to that your latest post about the details of the purchase of the furniture STILL SUPPORTS Mr Carson claim he HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT and against SG claim he did.

Hence I still point out to you and SG the statement "DID YOU READ THE ARTICLE"
Because it still proves your points wrong.

but hey if you consider FACTS from the article both of you keep using an attack then thats on you.

Scrounger

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Ordered by career staffers. Thanks for outlining that this has f#ck all to do with Ben Carson.

If that's true was it a set up to make him look bad, or does it just speak to the fact that they would find this acceptable due to history?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

im not sure what attacks, or what hatred or bs you're talking about. breathe before you type.

The dining room set, which will seat about 10 people comfortably, was ordered on Dec. 21 from a Baltimore, Maryland, company, Sebree and Associates, records show. HUD will pay $31,561 for the set, according to records

So the deep state bureaucrat lifers ordered it?

ETA; I see wide-eyes beat me to it.

edit on 2 28 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

In response to a request for comment Tuesday, HUD said only blinds were purchased for Carson's office and were within the $5,000 limit. The agency said the dining set was considered "a building expense" rather than a decoration and was not ordered by Carson. The set is in a room adjoining the secretary's office.

www.chicagotribune.com...

They spent $31K on a friggin dining room set. How on Earth can anybody find this acceptable? It baffles me. It really does. The cognative disonance on here.

No one is "finding this acceptable" and especially Mr Carson.
which part of "he went to the BASEMENT STORAGE to get WHAT WAS THERE for his office?
I dont see how you get "going to a storage room to pic what was there" and think it means "he ordered it to be bought"
I dont see how given he WAS NOT EVEN IN CHARGE of the office under previous administrations how he could have controlled or influenced in any way their spending?
unless you willfully are "cognitive dissonance here (your words )

I just love how Carson's saying he had no say over something ordered for his own department. Absolute BS, and ATSers should be above this nonsense.

It was ordered BEFORE he took charge and WITHOUT his knowledge.
Im sorry but is he to question where every item ALREADY THERE came from?
again he (unless you have PROOF to the contrary) went to a STORAGE ROOM to get what was ALREADY THERE instead of ordering new stuff which (as you clearly stated) other administrations have done.
so instead on giving him credit for not doing what other administrations have done you try to claim he is the same
wow

So you double down on info that proves your OP as false? Thanks for letting us know how responsible he has been with our tax dollars and how irresponsible previous admins were.

First YES by the very article it CLEARLY SHOWS that he ordered DID NOT order a 31+ thousand dining room set on the government dime but went into storage to get what he FOUND THERE.
that the set was ORDERED BEFORE HE TOOK CHARGE and the ONLY THING he ordered was 3,xxx blinds...considerably less by easily factor of 10 or even 100 (somewhere in between) of other administrations.
every attempt to try to discredit him has been refuted BY THE VERY ARTICLE YOU CLAIM DOES..

so lets recap

You and the OP claim Mr carson ORDERED 31+ THOUSAND NEW dining room furniture on the taxpayer dime and claim it showed TRUMP administration is not fiscally responsible.

the very article used TO PROVE THE OP POINT at every turn SHOWS THE OPPOSITE.
but you keep attempting to spin the article words to fit a narrative that is blatantly false and the VERY ARTICLE is the proof of this.
anyone who shows this to you is "attacking, pro trumpite , cognitive dissonance, need to breath, ect ect ect".

in short you cant use the article own direct words to defend the OP rant, your spin is shot down by the same words, so all you have left is an attack on anyone who doesnt agree with the misinformation / lie you keep presenting.

Scrounger

f

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

If that's true was it a set up to make him look bad, or does it just speak to the fact that they would find this acceptable due to history?

that is one of the most reasonable non partisan questions asked on this topic.
well done

I think the answer is to make him look bad.

given that the article clearly states it was ordered by a "career staffer" and not him and him going to storage to furnish his office.

scrounger

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Lmao. Creative accounting covers the legal issue yet again. As an accountant i am mor than amused at this response. As a citizen it pisses me off. That aint piss....its rain.

Regarding aid for the poor....it costs you literally nothing. Its a miniscule part of the budget. Folks need to stop being petty about it. You want to fix the budget? Start with the military.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

So the deep state bureaucrat lifers ordered it?

ETA; I see wide-eyes beat me to it.

I may have been first but you worded it better.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

I think it's just par for the course. Nothing nefarious, they just instinctively buy expensive sh!t.
edit on 28-2-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Formatting

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I haven't been able to go to the source yet just reading responses, but does it say a timeline. From what I've seen it suggest it was bought during his time, but doesn't seem to state that, I may have missed it.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Meanwhile, the rest of Americans are using plastic cutlery and paper plates to eat.

How sad.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Nah, I agree with your stance. He tried to use furniture from storage and only purchased some blinds. If I quoted your post on accident for rebuttal, then sorry for the confusion.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

As if over spending has not occurred under every single administration in our life time.

But yea sure go ahead and raise your blood pressure being offended because of reasons... now I am sure that will help.

Do you prefer to get upset about the poor abusing the meager benefits they get?

This is good reason to have a raised blood pressure, obviously you don't care but I'm not happy about my tax money being spent on this crap.

Then I hope you have been pissed for a long time otherwise you might be a bit of a hypocrite.

EDIT: if you do the search I know you will find numerous agencies wildly over paying for a variety of things under the previous administratioin.

So instead of draining the swamp it’s just business as usual?

Glad that’s settled.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Meanwhile children are starving across this planet, and nobody gaf.

WOO HOOO

Priorities.

WOO HOO

Points.

WOO HOO

My Self Image.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

mentalist, does it matter who ordered it? it was purchased in December.

you think staffers just order things at their will without a green light or the ok?

because when it was purchased, it was purchased by employees who worked in the department for a long time clears who its being purchased for? whos going to be accountable for a purchase that was ok'd by the department, staffers running errands or who ever ordered the purchase....

edit on 28-2-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join