It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You for Letting Me Be of Service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thank you for letting me be of service

This was how my friend responded when I thanked her for hours of truly needed help.

We spoke for awhile after that about the importance of knowing when--and who--to ask for help, but I am left with an overabundance of gratitude.

I admire and want to emulate my dear friend's commitment to serve others when she can.

This line of thinking goes very well with a quote from one dynamic human being, a geothermal scientist I met in Iceland:

if you have a question you ask and if I can I will answer. If I cannot answer or I do not know I will tell you. And if I do not have time and am busy or more crazy or more lazy than usual then I will not respond...

Definitely has me thinking of ways I can help others, and a way I'd like to start living. To ask for help when needed, move on if someone is unable to provide it, and develop my own talent in such a way that people can come to me for specific advice.

I'll leave with you with this gem, the only other small bit of service I can offer up after an exhausting but productive day.

Have a great night!

edit on 27-2-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is probably not verbatim, but it’s one of my favorite quotes.....”Holiness isn’t found in contemplating the cosmos, but in serving our fellow humans.”

I LOVE contemplating the cosmos(and many things), but our acts of service are what change this world into something better.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Love this, I definitely agree.

originally posted by: chelsdh

I LOVE contemplating the cosmos(and many things), but our acts of service are what change this world into something better.

Hope you having a good night

edit on 27-2-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Best Post Of The Month, Zosimov and chelsdh's addition too.

You got help from a friend, she got to serve, and you shared this thread with us. Nice.

Digging the music.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks for sharing. Keep your friend close to you.

Years ago I remembered hearing "through service to others do you find yourself." And those words become more powerful and relevant to me each passing year.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

You got help from a friend, she got to serve, and you shared this thread with us. Nice.

Wonderful, isn't it?

Found another song you might like!

top topics

join