It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Indian and cowboys movies about killing each other has gone, so with movies with machine guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I was just thinking about when I was a child some 60 years ago that we got to watch the White man kill Indians and actually as a kid I didn't really know the meaning of it, just cool to watch the Indian fall off the horse. But what this thread is about the "soon to disappear" movies on TV with actors using machine guns to wipe out "the innocents" of everyday life.

Mark my word, its coming our way.

What are your thoughts on this.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Na, won't happen. Hollywood still makes too much money from it.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

yeah, but the cowboy and indian movies did disappear, didn't they

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yes, well, we're not making movies about genocide to entertain kids anymore. 👌

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: watchitburn

yeah, but the cowboy and indian movies did disappear, didn't they

No....

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I love my old westerns !

They still show them and they are not going anywhere.

They still have new stuff coming out also.

A good one in the last few years is the Revenant......

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Nowadays it's about the black slave getting his revenge on the white masters.

Full circle.

either way, boooring, hasn't been a movie in years I've wanted to go see. watch online and be bored by, or other means, but action movies have become dire.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
I love my old westerns !

They still show them and they are not going anywhere.

They still have new stuff coming out also.

A good one in the last few years is the Revenant......

I reluctantly watched this on the flight back from LAX to Sydney a while ago. Not much else to do on a 13 hour flight.

wasn't unimpressed. But the alternative was playing plants vs zombies over and over on that tiny touchpad doohicky on the back seat of the person who kept shifting positions...

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
People need to be more entertained but people have been killing each other since the dawn of time a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Cowboy and Indian TV shows are still in syndication on METV (Memorable Entertainment). Every weekday afternoon has a line up of TV westerns from the 1950s through 1960s and movies on weekend afternoons.

Admittedly there aren't any Injun killings on the TV shows, but some of the movies still have some good ole cowboy and Injun fights. There are so many gunfights portrayed that I've considered looking into how wild the old west really was and making a thread on it. I'm sure it was far more boring than those westerns.

When I grew up I missed the ones from the 1950s, like Wagon Train, Raw Hide, Maverick and others, but did catch ones like Big Valley, Rifleman, and Wild, Wild West. It's interesting to see how the westerns changed in the late 60s and early 70s. From Hollywood to Italy and back again and how the good guys basically became bad guys or how Mexicans were peaceful to later become the banditos. The Indians were at first wild killers then later became the noble savage. The change in musical scores is interesting as well.

top topics

join