It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women protesting against wearing the hijab in Iran will be charged with inciting PROSTITUTION and ja

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

If you have a problem with this. Then look no further than the Islamic Revolution that happened in Iran (1979) The picture below is from before the revolution. If you want to point the finger of blame look no further than the CIA that instigated this political change.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Hey...it got Reagan elected didnt it?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Were not dictating.

Were mocking those right wing neo cons clinging to their hijabs and religion.

Wait, right wing??

It's the left wing that support hijabs..

Are we reading different pages?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I agree, I think it's ridiculous, but at the end of the day it's their culture and they are free to do as they please.

Well, the word 'enforced' implies they are not free.. and the fact they are protesting this oppressive archaic thing, says as much.

but lol at your pov...

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

We all come in to this world the same.

Nekked.

God's never told us to cover up or cover up head to toe.

Indeed. If you want to look at it from a religious perspective, it makes even less sense.

Adam and Eve were naked in the Garden of Eden. It was only when they disobeyed God and ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil that they became aware of their nakedness and felt shamed, covering themselves up.

Therefore, from the perspective of the Abrahamic religions, wearing any clothes is to distance ourselves from God and hold our own perception of morality as higher than His.

I still remember when women attending (Catholic, at least) mass were expected to have their hair covered (hat, scarf, mantilla, etc) as a matter of respect. My old Irish mother still does it, as do all my aunts. Heck, even the Queen does it, and she's the head of the Church of England. Hats, shawls, and bonnets remain a mainstay of Victorian and Austen-esque period dramas because that was the social expectation of a woman stepping out in public. Yet, somehow, I am supposed to be enraged by a hijab.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Your analogy isnt a good one.

Old church bitties wearing scarves and hats is a far cry from being charged with inciting Prostitution for taking it off in public.

Its like equating a job to a prison work camp.

My point was never to groan about the fashion of it, wear what you want not what you have to by law.

As for the jist my OP, I'm just pointing out mass hypocrisy for lack of coverage while we have nothing but Trump in the news.

No wonder people dont see this as an issue.

Its a harbinger, I dont think we need to invade iran for this of course but we do need to take them seriously and what they want bring to our shore.

edit on 2282018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Wow someone who knows their recent history and not trying to twist this into a left versus right issue! Am I really on the modern ATS?

Much of the Islamic world was really quite secular until fairly recent years and I think this has happened deliberately. Namely with the collusion of the Islamic brotherhood and spook agencies such as the CIA and Mi6. This was done to destabilise the Middle East and force out secular and stable governments such as Assad’s Syria and replace them with puppets such as in Saudi Arabia. You know, where Wahhabism was born.

Colonel Gadafi and Sadam Hussien were such puppets until they decided they wished to break with the petrol dollar. Look what happened to them...
By encouraging extreme Islam it further alienates Muslim people from the mostly secular west. To keep the west perceived as the enemy rather than their own leaders and Imans pushing hateful extreme versions of Islam.

It’s good old divide and conquer to control both sides and distract from the real enemy. Just like what’s happening now in this thread and the US in general.

And you people here constantly whinging in the mud pit call yourselves conspiracy theorists? You seem as ignorant and tied to your own beliefs as the average sheep in the street. Can’t you do us all a favour and find some other political website forum to spout your politically motivated drivel?

I mean that for both Rebulicans and Democrats, stop being lead along by the pied piper of your political parties and take back your country FFS!
edit on 28-2-2018 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Call the feminists from the western countries who wouldn't....uuhhh...and care about other woman...eeehhh...

#, it is a joke.

At least we got lgbt...that until Sharia law comes...

Wait second...can't I have multiple women with Sharia law? And they can be told to shut up without impunity?

On second thought, screw you Christian undertones of freedom an heaven.

Sharia pimping for life.
edit on 28-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
But I thought they liked to wear it.

hyuk.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Old church bitties wearing scarves and hats is a far cry from being charged with inciting Prostitution for taking it off in public.

It's a very good analogy. Plenty of people blindly rail against hijabs because they are somehow "wrong", despite the exact same concept being prevalent in western culture for more generations than I can be bothered to count. The problem isn't with the hijab, any more than it's with the old biddies wearing hats. The problem isn't even people wearing it for religion reasons - whether hijabs or old biddies.

The problem is with the ideology that penalises people for not complying.

I'm not fussed if someone wants to wear a hijab. I'm not fussed if someone wants to go on the public stage and say, "A hijab is really cool, everyone should wear one!" I am, however, fussed when someone says, "Wear this item of clothing or go to prison!", whether it's a hijab or giant fluffy rabbit slippers.

Ideologies are dangerous, not items. Focus on the ideology to fix the problem.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Butterfinger

It's a very good analogy. Plenty of people blindly rail against hijabs because they are somehow "wrong", despite the exact same concept being prevalent in western culture for more generations than I can be bothered to count. The problem isn't with the hijab, any more than it's with the old biddies wearing hats. The problem isn't even people wearing it for religion reasons - whether hijabs or old biddies.

The problem is with the ideology that penalises people for not complying.

I'm not fussed if someone wants to wear a hijab. I'm not fussed if someone wants to go on the public stage and say, "A hijab is really cool, everyone should wear one!" I am, however, fussed when someone says, "Wear this item of clothing or go to prison!", whether it's a hijab or giant fluffy rabbit slippers.

Ideologies are dangerous, not items. Focus on the ideology to fix the problem.

Sounds like we are in sound agreement.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Daily Fail? Any other sources?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Is wearing hijab if one is a man considered cross dressing, use of other pagan symbol to identify with and praying to different God considered punishable by death in Sharia law.

You know u FD up when sweet old Catholic ladies say #.

Ahhh but what do they know. Sharia law bring it

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The men have no self discipline. Cowards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join