It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women protesting against wearing the hijab in Iran will be charged with inciting PROSTITUTION and ja

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Iranian women protesting the compulsory headscarf by taking off their hijab in public could be facing up to a decade in jail for 'inciting prostitution', police has warned.

Authorities in Iran are desperately trying to stem the growing protests across the country against the dress code enforced on women since the Islamic revolution of 1979.

More than 35 women have been arrested in the capital Tehran alone in the past two months, with several reportedly subjected to torture while in custody.

Women protesting against wearing the hijab in Iran will be charged with inciting PROSTITUTION and jailed for up to ten years as regime cracks down on growing dissent

Well, this isnt a shocker.

If anyone reads Reddit, IMGUR or the like every post of a pic with a heroic woman(really heroic, not ones who just wear a Pussyhat) waiving her head shackles above heads of onlookers, there would inevitably bring in a response along the lines of "She Ded".

What are we to do? Sanctions? Travel Ban?

What the heck is wrong with the world, we are on a high speed course back in time.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

But remember, when Macy's sells hijab style clothing ("modest" clothing) here, it is a beautiful thing for feminism and freedom!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That sounds like "hooker talk". Someone isn't wearing their hijab

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The REAL #meetoo movement.

*crickets.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Why should we do anything, why should we dictate to Iran how they should live and what rules they should have.?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Were not dictating.

Were mocking those right wing neo cons clinging to their hijabs and religion.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I actually agree with your point, and to top it all off, I can't count the number of times that I have heard that women in Muslim-majority countries wear the hijab by choice, not because they're forced to.

But this is an entirely different culture of habit, and I very much enjoy there existing multiple cultures around the world.

Now, the whole inciting prostitution charge is ridiculous, and if they start imprisoning them on this basis for a decade per person, then it becomes an issue of human rights, IMO, but I still would not jump on the bandwagon of getting directly involved, necessarily.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Were not dictating.

The op was was postulating sanctions or travel bans, that's dictating and what I was responding to.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
And, of course, it's hilarious how when Christian women ask for slightly more modest clothing, we get mocked as prudes, but we can totally market far more "modest" clothing to Muslim women and call it brave and feminist and freedom affirming!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I agree, I think it's ridiculous, but at the end of the day it's their culture and they are free to do as they please.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Were not dictating.

The op was was postulating sanctions or travel bans, that's dictating and what I was responding to.

They are entitled to their opinion.

Others vary.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Were not dictating.

We don't have to do anything. The 3rd wave feminist here can if they want, I'll wait.

Oh, right. The Hijab empowers women according to Sharia law toting "feminist" Linda Sasour.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

We all come in to this world the same.

Nekked.

God's never told us to cover up or cover up head to toe.

But then again GOD has never said anything.

Men playing God have.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
And people here still pretend the hijab is a symbol of freedom or something.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
............And there you have it folks.

The best example of "Stupid" from the Arab world.

Stay tuned for more next week, where we will bring you more news about "Using mobile phones makes you gay" and "Breathing air is a sin"

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Were not dictating.

We don't have to do anything. The 3rd wave feminist here can if they want, I'll wait.

Oh, right. The Hijab empowers women according to Sharia law toting "feminist" Linda Sasour.

We should keep women in their place as per the "Religion of Peace." Linda wants all women to enjoy the pride of being property as second class citizens. Aloha Snackbar!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Were not dictating.

We should keep women in their place as per the "Religion of Peace." Linda wants all women to enjoy the pride of being property as second class citizens. Aloha Snackbar!

All I can do is roll my eyes at the hardcore feminists that scream for all that they scream about, then turn around to give Islam, and more specifically Sharia Law, a pass.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Were not dictating.

All I can do is roll my eyes at the hardcore feminists that scream for all that they scream about, then turn around to give Islam, and more specifically Sharia Law, a pass.

It's like they want to be like them.

edit on 2 27 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Hats off to them...no pun intended...
For standing up to the pure barbarianism over there.
Takes a lot of balls for these women to face pretty much guaranteed repercussions for doing what their doing.
Big, swaying, clanging balls of Steele to be exact.
Each one weighing in at 22 and 1/4 pounds.
For a total of 44.5 lbs just smashing back and forth with each step.

Edit to add: with each one also sporting a beard that ZZ top would be jealous of.
edit on 27-2-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I dunno. Hijabs don't seem that bad. Burkhas seem pretty extreme though. I've got a friend who seemed pretty excited about hers and was showing me different styles.to wear them in. I didn't even know there were different styles they could be worn in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join