It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller moves to dismiss charges against Rick Gates in Russia probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Special Counsel Robert Mueller moved Tuesday to dismiss nearly two-dozen charges against former Trump campaign associate Rick Gates, in the wake of his guilty plea last week. Mueller’s team filed a motion to drop 22 tax and bank fraud charges against Gates. The filing was tied to Gates’ agreement last week to plead guilty to conspiracy to defraud the United States and lying to the FBI.

That plea pertained to charges filed against him in October in Washington, D.C., for which he still faces up to 71 months in prison.

LINK

Hmmmm

What do you think this is all about?? Gates moves to throw Manafort under the bus?? Does any of this have anything to do with Trump? It doesn't sound like it.

edit on 27-2-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Mueller indicted 13 Russian Bots that cannot be touched. Now he's back on his wild goose chase it seems. Investigating stuff that has nothing to do with Russia interfering in our election process.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Mueller doesn't need Gates for Manaforts charges, those are process & property / banking crimes, all backed up by paperwork.

No if Mueller dropped the mountain of charges he had against Gates it would be for far higher targets than Manafort, he's already toast.

Gates stayed around after Manafort left, was involved with the shady data that was transmitted to the Russians so they could target their bots during prior to the election.

K~

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

But but but...Russians!

How can this be happening?

My guess, those 302's that were not turned over
to Congress, and exculpatory evidence.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So this is why Trump had a Twitter meltdown again this morning. This is way beyond Paul Manafort, Mueller already has enough to put him away for life...there are bigger fish to fry and someone's feeling a little panicky!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

From my thread about the 2nd Manafort-Gates indictment:

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Could be that the timing of the indictment dropping was to put pressure on Gates to take what he was offered?

It'd been reported that Gates had been offered and turned down more than one deal. If you'll notice, in the second indictment, there were actually more charges against Gates than Manafort.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships
a reply to: neo96

No. He took the deal, pleaded guilty to two other charges and is cooperating. That's why they dropped the other charges.

It would probably help if you actually read the source article.

Mueller’s team filed a motion to drop 22 tax and bank fraud charges against Gates. The filing was tied to Gates’ agreement last week to plead guilty to conspiracy to defraud the United States and lying to the FBI.

That plea pertained to charges filed against him in October in Washington, D.C., for which he still faces up to 71 months in prison.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They're too invested in this witch hunt now. Regardless if they have a case for collusion or not they are going to drag this out for as long as possible, possibly throughout Trump's presidency. Before it's all said and done don't be surprised if members of the janitorial staff at one of Trump's properties are indicted for erroneous tax returns filed in the 90s.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It be nice if actually pled guilty to helping Russia rig the election last year.

Oh wait.

He didn't do that now did he?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Gates stayed around after Manafort left, was involved with the shady data that was transmitted to the Russians so they could target their bots during prior to the election. 

Data transmissions leave lots of evidence...got any or is this more intuition?

Also, LOL. That honestly made me laugh.
You really think thats the case huh? ok.

edit on 2 27 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

That was the deal. This is crossing the T's and dotting the I's.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Of course he is cooperating.

But that does not equal he has any incriminating
evidence against anyone else either.

And unnamed sources saying that does not make it so.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I think this was just finalizing the deal they already made. I think...
Can you confirm it's something new?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
White collar crime.

In an Russia investigation.

When are they going to get to the Russian stuff?

edit on 27-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
White collar crime.

In an Russia investigation.

When are they going to get to the Russian stuff?

2038 - Wolf Blister says so.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

This just looks like the final act.
Mueller got what he wanted otherwise this deal wouldn't of have gone down.

Don't forget it's just not Mueller & his prosecutors, they have the entire IC combing through all the players digital fingerprints going back years.

There's no telling what's going to be turned up or when.

Kushner & the dimwit sons are next on the block, boy what a tweetstorm that will be.

K~
edit on 27-2-2018 by aethertek because: hsgd

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

They already had him dead to rights. Why offer him a sweetheart deal if he didn't flip on someone?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
"Russia Probe". I think it's time to call this charade something else. Maybe, "deep state dinner-theatre"?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
"Russia Probe". I think it's time to call this charade something else. Maybe, "deep state dinner-theatre"?

I call it BS.

Because we have more proof of Trumps challenger colluding to rig an election as opposed to lying to the FBI and white collar crimes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join