It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VISD apologizes for fake rifle in Victoria East dugout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Perez watched an East player lying in front of the dugout with what looked like a bat shaped like a rifle pretending to shoot the Hays players on the field.

“What really disturbed me is the kid was lying flat on the ground in front of the dugout,” Perez said. “He was in front of the coaches, the umpires and all of the public. He was lying on the ground pointing his mock AR-15 in the direction of the field of the opposing team, who happened to be playing defense at the time. There was another young man standing next to him, and there’s two blue bottles wrapped in a pink strap, and they were using those as binoculars. It appeared to be like a spotter, and the kid with the mock AR-15 would recoil like an action after shooting his shot.”

Perez, a retired U.S. Border Patrol agent, went to the home plate umpire to report what he had seen but said no action was taken.
Victoria East head coach Wes Kolle referred comments about the incident to VISD athletic director Leonard McAngus.

“We take this very seriously,” McAngus said. “We want to do the right thing. We are addressing this now and moving on. We want to make sure our kids and coaches are more sensitive about how they conduct themselves.”

More at link

Li nk

Victoria, Texas (the location of the school team in question)

Given grade school kids being suspended for drawings and pop tarts this seems to considered as no big deal. I suppose it who and where that makes it a issue.

Is the country overreacting to this school gun issues or is this something that should have been stopped sooner. I don't know...
edit on 2/27/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/27/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, who cares. Maybe they should go to Walmart and take all the play guns off the shelves as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
good lord, I sure hope he did't make the "pew, pew, pew" noise. That would be bad.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

We want to make sure our kids and coaches are more sensitive about how they conduct themselves.”

And the wussification of 'Murica continues.

Yesterday it was the square root sign.

Today is whatever the hell they made that out of.

Tomorrow?

Who the hell knows.

Modern civilization sucks.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Jesus Christ, who cares. Maybe they should go to Walmart and take all the play guns off the shelves as well.

go ahead and point a "play gun" at a LEO, and see if he cares....

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

is that what happened here?

Kids playing army, cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers. NOT ANYMORE. Sure it's OK to play GTA and get points for killing the hooker you just porked, but damnit, you had better not pretend to be shoot a gun, you can only do that digitally!

damn kids.
edit on 27-2-2018 by network dude because: bad slper

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Perez watched an East player lying in front of the dugout with what looked like a bat shaped like a rifle pretending to shoot the Hays players on the field.

Perez returned to the tournament Saturday and said he did not see the fake rifle in the East dugout.

I just can’t believe this all happened after all this in Florida,” Perez said. “As a federal agent, I feel responsible to report something like this. I know what could have happened that day if somebody had mistaken that mock AR-15 for a real rifle.”

Pretty hard to mistake that for a real rifle.....
They should also match the reporting to the pic- the kid sitting with a bat wrapped in stuff.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I can see why some would instantly shrug this off as ridiculous.
However, in a world where kids are actually killing each other left and right in shootings, maybe it isn't the healthiest thing to pretend to do.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

We want to make sure our kids and coaches are more sensitive about how they conduct themselves.”

Tomorrow?

Who the hell knows.

modern civilization sucks?.....then get off the internet, find some place where you can live off the land, and move there...that way you can be the bad ass you crave to be, and we'll all be happier for it

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Interesting how they refer to it as a "mock AR-15" several times. That's pretty specific.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Tomorrow?

Who the hell knows.

modern civilization sucks?.....then get off the internet, find some place where you can live off the land, and move there...that way you can be the bad ass you crave to be, and we'll all be happier for it

Why is it going someplace?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What's to say?

Tasteless? Yup. Anything else? Nope.

Tempest in a teacup. As a teapot would be far too large.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Gotta stay with the program. AR-15's are the Debbil!! "Assault Rifle-15"...that's the mantra.

The bleating sheep out there won't bother looking any further.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
SOrry, this is the stupidest damned thing i've ever seen.

Its a bat. A kid doing make believe with a bat.

Ya'll have lost your damned minds. I want off this rock.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

is that what happened here?

Kids playing army, cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers. NOT ANYMORE. Sure it's OK to play GTA and get points for killing the hooker you just porked, but damnit, you had better not pretend to be shoot a gun, you can only do that digitally!

damn kids.

You don't gain "points," in video games anymore. Learn your scapegoats, this isn't 1990.

You also have to be eighteen to purchase GTA.

I wonder how many parents purchase the console, subscription, controllers, the internet connectivity, the game, etc etc for their children versus children who purchase it themselves - which, by the way, is illegal.

It's not okay for kids to play Grand Theft Auto, hence the M-rating and ID requirement for purchase.

Blame kids, an old man committed the largest mass shooting. Blame video games, it just goes to show how absolutely retarded people are.

We can't do anything about real guns, but we can censor/prohibit/censor virtual guns!

Because mass shootings happen with virtual guns! It's for the children!

Speaking of which, debating you morons is akin to debating a child.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Obviously there should be background checks, and mandatory waiting periods for make shift bats with paper cup scopes, and grips.

Menace to society for effs sake!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Speaking of which, debating you morons is akin to debating a child.

Well you certainly told us.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Only an ex LEO spoke up at the time so it would appears as to be no big deal to the people at the game.

Just pretending to shoot players on the opposing school team.

Made me think of the Congress baseball practice shooting though.

Would be really weird if he turns out to be a future killer. Hope not.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Oh man wow. Lets see when I was a kid we used sticks as fake guns, we used vaguely gun shaped objects as fake guns, we made fake guns out of things to shoot eachother with, we fired cap guns, dart guns, nerf funs, water guns, and probably more that im missing at eachother and then figured out how to make the cap guns actually shoot pieces of things out so we could shoot eachother with them. We played with bb guns and pellet guns, learned how to make fletchets we could shoot from said pellet guns. We used sticks, bats and other such things as swords and even had sword fights with real swords. Played god knows how many violent video games. Ah good times and funny enough....no one decided to go shoot anybody with any real guns.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Is that "gun" made from water bottles?
I remember a time when he would be praised for his creativity.

Now?
It's national news worthy and must be apologized for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join