It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone Help Me Understand This About Parkland Shooting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
People are just looking for solutions, and it probably wouldn't hurt anyone to raise the requirements necessary to obtain a gun. As for refugees, it seems reasonable and fair to not automatically assume that everybody who comes to America is a Scarface-style violent criminal.

What *DOES* hurt is the endless pablum of laws that basically say and do the same thing, over and over again.

We HAVE laws. Try enforcing them first. I mean REALLY do it.

More laws are a lip-service bandaid. Not a solution.

Adhere to and use the laws we have. Be responsible gun owners and stop being so careless that someone like a student can get ahold of your firearms to do things the laws already on the books prohibit them from doing in the first place.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

As I said, there is no real solution to chaos, as much as people might want one. Most of these people who go shoot up schools or crowds are either legal gun owners or they steal them from their parents or other relatives. More laws won't help, but they won't hurt, either, and will make some people feel better. Doesn't matter to me. I'm not up to any monkey business. And it won't stop those who are.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: FHomerK

As I said, there is no real solution to chaos, as much as people might want one. Most of these people who go shoot up schools or crowds are either legal gun owners or they steal them from their parents or other relatives. More laws won't help, but they won't hurt, either, and will make some people feel better. Doesn't matter to me. I'm not up to any monkey business. And it won't stop those who are.

That kinda scares me too......specifically the part where you say it doesn't matter, your not up to monkey business...When Germany banned guns with the rise of the Nazis, they started big guns, and went small. those who lost hunting rifles last, didn't care about the big guns, because they did not use them. By the time they get to the "small" guns this time, there will be no one left to stand up totyranny, bc we will all be unarmed.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
By the time they get to the "small" guns this time, there will be no one left to stand up totyranny, bc we will all be unarmed.

Heh. "Tyranny." That's the big boogie man, isn't it? Did you ever stop to think that your fear of tyranny makes you easier to manipulate?
edit on 27-2-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

You do make a pretty good point about the conflict with a group believing that we need comprehensive background checks to buy a gun, but immigrants can be let in without any real background check no matter where they are from, even if it's a country where no vetting is possible.

Oddly enough I'm for background checks and I'm also for vetting people coming to the US, no matter which country they are coming from. If vetting is not possible it is dumb to let them in not knowing anything about them. It's short bus dumb IMO.

I most certainly do see a contradiction in those beliefs. In one they come down on the side of safety and in the other they come down on the side of ignore the risk. Good point.
edit on 2/27/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Kids are impulsive until 21. Not stupid.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Brother, if I could be easily manipulated, I would not be on this site because I would believe any one on here is bvtsh1t crazy.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You do make a pretty good point about the conflict with a group believing that we need comprehensive background checks to buy a gun, but immigrants can be let in without any real background check no matter where they are from, even if it's a country where no vetting is possible.

Oddly enough I'm for background checks and I'm also for vetting people coming to the US, no matter which country they are coming from. If vetting is not possible it is dumb to let them in not knowing anything about them. It's short bus dumb IMO.

I most certainly do see a contradiction in those beliefs. In one they come down on the side of safety and in the other they come down on the side of ignore the risk. Good point.

Starred you on that one...I, too, am for background checks, the laws have been in place for years....we do not need a new one, just enforce the ones we have. I am just tired of the hypocritical BS...from both sides.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Brother, if I could be easily manipulated, I would not be on this site because I would believe any one on here is bvtsh1t crazy.

But you had to get your beliefs from somewhere. If you're feeling particularly endangered by what you see as a government that is both ineffective and at the same time insanely wild and cunning enough to enslave you in their salt mines (or whatever you think a tyrannical government would do), that leaves you wide open to suggestion from people with agendas you can never be sure of.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Brother, i do my thing...

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

the present protocols for semi-automatic & assault weapons is deliberately tangled with loop-holes..to favor the Lawyer Industry with problems to resolve... there will just be more of the same....more ambiguous measures which are fraught with loop-holes and catering to our 'Rights'

there must be made available to ordinary citizens, the weapons that groups like that Florida Sheriffs Department with hand-picked militarized Deputies have at their disposal---

because the populace never can tell just when a group of Militarized Deputies & the Sheriff (5 Star General) will go rogue on the community and ally with other groups like IS or Hamas, Jihadists to force the citizens of a town or municipality to comply or die

This. This right here. "They" don't want this. "They" want us to "comply or die"...

Thank you St. Udio for your post
edit on 27-2-2018 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join