It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Flagrant Abuse of Power, Georgia Lt. Gov Casey Cagle‏ Threatens Delta to Revenge NRA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigx001

originally posted by: Mandroid7
We can't have 29 year old/17 year old kid actors from CNN dictating winners and losers.

Real people work at these companies.

These wackjob actors are targeting American companies.

You really think those were actors? wow
Are they reading from scripts?

These kids say they were handed scripts and were not allowed to say what they wanted in their interviews. Then they show us the scripts they were handed.
youtu.be...

edit on 27-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Funny how just the other day this site flipped out when YouTube stated InfoWars are two strokes away from getting banned crying its a violation of the First Amendment.

Apparently an elected government official threatening punishment against someone for expressing their opinion is fine though.

I have a feeling more than a few of these people that claim to be Constitutionalists don't actually understand the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Casey's extortion scheme is almost certainly unconstitutional, particularly when you consider that in the Citizens United decision, the right-wing stacked SCOTUS ruled that businesses have much of the same rights to political speech as individuals.

If your going to quote citizens united tell it right.

The reason CU exists to begin with is because of Clinton.

What CU does is give corps, unions, and other entities SOME rights, not all of them.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Unconstitutional? Your dreaming.

All our gov't does is legislate against one or another 'Corporation' in favor of one or another different Corporation.

Nothing in the Constitution defending Corporations, whatsoever. Finally some backlash for Corporations that lick their fingers, stick them in the air and see which way the wind is blowing that particular day.

The mere fact that Delta gave the NRA a discount in the first place- which I disagree with-is proof positive of 'weather vein style' decision making.

My hope is this sends a message for Corporations stay the hell out of political issues when clearly, CLEARLY, they are doing nothing more than appeasing their perceived base.

I don't think you understand what's going on here. Delta and the NRA are both private organizations, they can make deals with each other as long as they're legal. Delta chose to end a deal, which again is perfectly legal. The state is then stepping in and punishing one company for ending it. In essence trying to compel a deal between private entities under threat of financial retaliation.

That is very illegal.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Why should airlines get special tax treatment in the first place? I thought Dems were against that kind of thing. They should be happy if Delta stops getting a tax break.

Delta has a major hub in Atlanta. Part of the deal for setting the hub there was certain tax incentives.

Also, Atlanta is one of the sites being considered for Amazon's HQ2 and stunts like this are going to cost them that bid.

This move from the Georgia government, aside from being illegal makes zero business sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
I have no love for any of the Airline Operations.

Because of them we have the TSA and legal government groping.

That's actually because a bunch of jerkoffs flew some planes into buildings.

Tax the crap out of them. Yee-Haw!!

Translation: I want to pay more taxes since corporations only pass tax increases on to the end user.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Not really an abuse of power.... More like a pi**ing contest.

Delta wants to end discounts to a group because...... I don't know.... Feelings, or whatever.
Governor wants to stop beneficial legislation to them because..... I don't know.... Feelings, or whatever.

Let em duke it out, see who caves in first.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I really don't care for the precedent rhetoric. Show me where the Constitution addresses 'corporations'. Both parties are guilty of pandering. Usually to the same corporations. Sometimes different ones.

You claim 'Unconstitutional'. I say bull.

Delta made their statement. The Governor of Georgia made his. Welcome to the current world of U.S. politics.

You merely add to it, methinks.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Agreed, both are private institutions. The agreement between the two is their business. (I didn't even know it existed.)
Perhaps a financial deal was involved with a discount for weapon purchases for pilots and in-house security? Who knows?

Going public and making a political statement, yes, their 'right', moves the subject into the political arena and that IS the arena of the governor and opens the door to backlash.

Rhetoric is legal. For Delta and the Governor.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I don't understand your "outrage", if that is accurate. There was considerable outrage a few years back about the NFL being a "tax exepmt" business, people clamored, and they changed it.

The real outrage should be companies kowtowing to a false narrative lead by the lying media that the NRA is to blame for these school shootings. Let that sink in. The media puts out blatant lies about possibly their #1 Company to hate, cuz they are all anti gun to feed their stupid base, the stupid base rallies like they do, form petitions, put pressure on certain companies to drop the NRA all due to a lie.

THAT is more outrageous than what this Lt. Gov is trying to do - IMHO

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackOops
a reply to: nwtrucker

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

Corps are people.. and it sucks

Yep, and that 'person' just got chirped back at. I'm fine with it.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sstyles15
There was considerable outrage a few years back about the NFL being a "tax exepmt" business, people clamored, and they changed it.

The NFL League Office is still tax exempt.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Going public and making a political statement, yes, their 'right', moves the subject into the political arena and that IS the arena of the governor and opens the door to backlash.

And what happens when some politician wants to tax firearm sales at a point where it becomes prohibitive? You cool with that too? I'm not.

The government shouldn't be dictating private citizen's or business's political expression.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Trump supporters and right wingers like bigger government and lobbying.

I'm so surprised!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

wrong, trump supporters, well, I will only speak for myself are for lower, limited Gov, which is what he is doing. He is getting rid of redundant Gov programs and employees

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: sstyles15
There was considerable outrage a few years back about the NFL being a "tax exepmt" business, people clamored, and they changed it.

The NFL League Office is still tax exempt.

Sure about that?
time.com...
www.wsj.com...

And again, to many peoples points, this was lobbied by then Commish Pete Rozell and Congress back in the 60's I believe

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And what happens when some politician wants to tax firearm sales at a point where it becomes prohibitive? You cool with that too? I'm not.

The government shouldn't be dictating private citizen's or business's political expression.

Agreed. I also don't want Corporations or a coalition of Corporations dictating morays whatsoever. They've already bought our political system via Crony Capitalism. I would rein them in as well as government.

The governor of Georgia has the people's mandate. Delta does not. I give the nod to the Governor, in this instance.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I like the nra, and find the recent attacks against them to be absurd.

However, I agree with the op. Out government should not be in the business of deciding tax law or any others based on rather or not a company is giving discounts to certain groups.

I don't care if both sides are hypocrotical, in this instance the republicans in Georgia are wrong.

Sure it is wrong but it is no different then the left calling for boycotts of the same company if they dont do what they are told.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: notsure1

The President called for a boycott of the NFL. Gonna top that one? No? And that's got nothing to do with what's happening here anyway.

You must have wrote 20 threads regarding that call for a boycott cried at how deplorable it was for him to call for a boycott of a corporation because of political agenda.

It was so wrong in every way for him to call for a boycott and try and hurt businesses.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and you guys are doing the exact same thing.

So deplorable hypocrites?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

So private citizens boycotting a company is the same thing as the government using policy to punish a company for expressing views they don't agree with?

If you truly believe that then what do you think the First Amendment actually does?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join