It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the illogical pro-gun arguments intentionally illogical??????

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: RazorV66

If leftists think that over 100 million Americans are going to willingly disarm themselves, then delusional is putting it lightly.

The left, ironically, wants to turn this issue into a shooting war.

Never happen.

They will try to take them.

Who the hell they will talk into doing it, beats me.

I nominate Joshua Cox and Will Tell for door to door gun confiscation.

Let us know how that works out for you.
edit on 27-2-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I know..

No one will..

Y’all just continue enjoying that rape fantasy and keep telling your self your just so so tough...

I am one of those guys. When a friend or a family member is being attacked I have defended them before, once with more than one attacker. Didn't need a weapon in those cases though. I would still sacrifice myself to save a friend or a family member in dire need if someone was shooting. Some things in life you either stand up for, or you don't. I am one who does. No accolades needed.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You know you've got them on the ropes when they come off with the "you just have a gun to feel tough" line. When their retort is to pretend the other guy are pussies, they're beat. It's incredibly juvenile.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
A) a ban on the new sale of certain guns is noting even remotely like a total ban and confiscation..

B) People do not debate “if we should bad assault rifles”.. the argument always shifts to the discussion of a never gonna happen total gun ban and confiscation.

No real time is spend discussing anything that people are really proposing..

C) we haven’t noted anything... no one can even provide one quote of an elected official saying that..

D) those studies and statistics are based on a BS hypothetical situation..

Any poll that asked “”do you think the government should fight a civil war in an attempt to go home to home removing all the guns”..

It gets 0%

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

B) People do not debate “if we should bad assault rifles”.. the argument always shifts to the discussion of a never gonna happen total gun ban and confiscation.

There's been a lot of debate about if we should ban assault rifles, on here and all over social media, and I've had several conversations with friends and family about it over the past few weeks.

Also there's a 13 page thread on the Democrats' proposal to ban all semi-automatic handguns and most semi-automatic rifles.

See here. There's been numerous threads on here the past few weeks talking about specific proposals. Why the need to lie?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
WACO....
a reply to: JoshuaCox

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

A) a ban on the new sale of certain guns is noting even remotely like a total ban and confiscation..

C) we haven’t noted anything... no one can even provide one quote of an elected official saying that..

Any poll that asked “”do you think the government should fight a civil war in an attempt to go home to home removing all the guns”..

It gets 0%

You are wasting your time.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Are the illogical pro-gun arguments intentionally illogical?!??

This is a fairly complex thought and I hope I adequately convey my meaning..

I don't want this to come off as an attack on you Joshua. Although our opinions differ 99% of the time, I do value any alternate perspectives. That said, I just want to clarify things.

Obviously you're quite liberal? I believe I've read you stated you're homosexual and come from a family of hunters?

Could it be that your personal intolerance for firearms is the illogical side of the argument? Perhaps caused from a lack of father and son male bonding? I'm not attacking you for the record. I just have an older gay brother that you remind me of and it's just a theory I've long held.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
>>> The Russians are out of control on our social media and now we're supposed to ban guns here in the uS. Coincidence? I think not.a reply to: JoshuaCox

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

No one wants your guns.. it’s a joke..

If anyone ruins America’s opinion of guns it will be people using such ridiculous talking points . That the pro gun side starts being veiwed as trolls and retards..

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

No one is saying ban guns in the us..

Is is a fake issue where the gop gets the sheeple to vote for billionaire tax breaks..

TPTB don’t care if they keep selling newly manufactured assault rifles lol.. they could just buy 1000 the day befor the ban..

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

But it is a ban, nonetheless, and there absolutely have been Democrat politicians throughout modern history, including recent iterations, openly discussing that their preference would be to ban all guns and have them all confiscated.

Just because they don't propose legislation that far out in f**k-the-Constitution land doesn't mean that it doesn't get discussed and called for. YOU are the one putting minute qualifiers on the discussion and the one putting words in the mouths of conservatives and taking them out of the mouths of democrats.

If you have failed by now to do your own research into the matter and see this reality, there's nothing anyone in this thread can do to change your opinion on the matter.

Two things, here:
    - no, it doesn't "always shift" to that discussion, that's just your inept ability to not generalize things, and

- no, you have no way of knowing what the future holds concerning gun bans

That entire "B" comment is made-up nonsense (and it doesn't start with "B" nor end with it).

Actually, there is. But what it seems like is that you ignore it and only focus on the most extreme commenters in these types of threads, then attribute that to all conservatives (as if THAT is logical) and then proceed to make sh*t up.

Willful ignorance is the worst type.

Oh, you mean no elected official has said anything exactly as it falls into your claims that have minute qualifiers in them. I see. Like I already said, if you haven't done the research by now, it doesn't matter to you.

It gets 0%

The statistics I was referencing are not polls. Polls are not proper statistics, and they certainly are not very scientific. It's unfortunate that you can't differentiate between the two.

Again, are you being intentionally obtuse, or just purposefully misrepresenting things? This is a question that you have yet to answer, even though my deductive reasoning is strong with this question. You have been called out numerous times for your obvious lies and obfuscations in this debate, yet you ignore it all and continue on the same tracks that are leading to a dead end.

This will be my last comment on this thread, because it's about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop.

edit on 28-2-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

I am 36 and live in Memphis TN. I grew up in Vicksburg, Ms. where half my family were bible thumpers . The other (my favorite half) all avid hunters and my grandfather owned a small soy bean farm in central Louisiana.

Both sides good salt of the earth people.

I’m not even close to gay. I assume that was an attack, because I have never said anything like that... I have a 13 year old daughter.

I am in no way a democrat nor political shill l..

Just for one thing . I could care less about immigration. Americans need those jobs and services.

I am anti-conservative propaganda..

Most likely because I am in the Mecca of rightwing propaganda, the south.

People have a right to make informed decisions. Not be propagandized by talking heads at the behest of their corporate masters.

A) Trickle down economics

The war on drugs

Wars in iraq and Afghanistan

Patriot act.

Killing the unions

Creationism in schools

Every down right disastrous policy in recent history is 100% due to conservative policies.

B) all the rightwing conspiracy theories are both logistically ridiculous and require a mustache twirling villian, because they have no real reason why some one would do that..

1) they are trying to make people gay
2) trying to demasculate the population

3 they want to more “control”. Without ever defining what that control is.

4) all the scientists, teachers , media, celebraties , unions, universities, college professors , exc, exc are all in a vast conspiracy to make republicans look bad..

It is all ridiculous..

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

A) a ban on the new sale of assault rifles, while leaving the millions already in population legal to resell .

Is in no way shape or fashion a ban as people refer to a ban normally .. a ban usually means no more of that period..

It is propaganda talk so both sides can pretend like they are doing more than they are..

If you ban smoking in a building. It normally doesn’t mean “after you finish the carton you already bought.”

B) then please provide one quote of an elected official saying they want a gun prohibition and confiscation..

There should be compilation videos of elected officials saying that if it is such a dire threat , but there are none.

It has been political suicide for decades..

When a liberal debates “if we had no guns” it is a purely hypothetical thought experiment. There is no warm bodies willing to fight the war that would require.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I noticed you didn’t site anything to back up your claims.. you just a
Said “nah uh, your wrong”.. that is not a counterpoint..

Just one debate class would tell y’all that..

But that is what is wrong with conservatism.. it breaks all the logical rules of rhetoric.

I say no one is ever banning guns, it would take a civil war, and there is no army willing to fight on the confiscation side..

The rebuttal from the shills is “you’ll never take my guns!!”

Well they are right.. I never will. I don’t want to and no one else does either.

It is a mental masterbatuon/rape fantasy session..

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Because right now we are talking about banning rifles, not handguns...

BECAUSE IT IS EASIER TO KILL OEOPLE WITH GUNs...

i agree, guns are for killing things, nobody is arguing that... so which guns are people using to kill other people with...overwhelmingly: handguns. not rifles.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I think the lack of understanding is that the left, for the most part, are statists. The government is their God, the whole goal of the left is to grow it until Government is all.

I'm curious. Are Left and Right politics different in the US than here in the UK? I only ask because I am a lefty and I see the Government as the bad guy. I am friends with an abnormally high number of Punks and Anarchists, also left leaning and more against the government than me. When did this switcheroo happen?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I noticed you didn’t site anything to back up your claims.. you just a
Said “nah uh, your wrong”.. that is not a counterpoint..

"Nah uh, your wrong."

And there is no real need to counter what you said, because you have no valid point. But in reality, I have cited things, you just don't care to look at them or do the research yourself before posting this asinine OP. That is no fault of mine, but stop accusing me of not backing up my points (even though I don't have to, because this isn't a formal debate, and you have Google at your fingertips, too...maybe YOU should vet the information before lying about it).

But that is what is wrong with conservatism.. it breaks all the logical rules of rhetoric.

Are you really saying that while making a logical fallacy of stereotyping and generalizing a whole group of people based on your observation of a few of its members?

I say no one is ever banning guns, it would take a civil war, and there is no army willing to fight on the confiscation side..

I generally say that, as well, but that's not the same as no one ever makes comments saying that they would prefer to go that route, as you claim in your OP.

The rebuttal from the shills is “you’ll never take my guns!!”

Ah, yes, the ad hominem in order to make a point (which is valid, no matter what specifics are being said) seem invalid or unnecessary.

Well they are right.. I never will. I don’t want to and no one else does either.

1. This isn't about you and what you want.

2. Again, you are mistaken, and it doesn't matter if it's one gun, or if legislation specifically lists more than 200 of them, or if it is a blanket ban, the bottom line is that, yes, elected officials have called for an outright ban and they will continue to do so in the future. Just because you are too goddam lazy to find it doesn't make your claim correct.

It is a mental masterbatuon/rape fantasy session..

You are seriously not even trying anymore--you have been put in irrational defense mode. As I said before, you should just slowly back away from this thread...

Best regards. I'm really done this time, even if you continue your asinine comments to me. Your "debate" style is not worth the effort.
edit on 28-2-2018 by SlapMonkey because: added a better response because, well, it's just a fun game at this point--pointless, but fun

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I'm curious. Are Left and Right politics different in the US than here in the UK? I only ask because I am a lefty and I see the Government as the bad guy. I am friends with an abnormally high number of Punks and Anarchists, also left leaning and more against the government than me. When did this switcheroo happen?

Punks and anarchists are closer to a libertarian mindset than the progressive left.

But if you're asking if the American left has jumped off the deep end, for the most part, they have.

Even the American punk scene, for the most part, has gone progressive left, which is all about big government.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: face23785

The current bill being proposed by the Democrats is a ban on virtually all semi-autos being sold in the US today. The majority of self-defense handguns being sold today would be banned under their bill.

President Obama and Hillary Clinton are both on record having said we should consider "the Australia model", which was a ban and confiscate program.

Don't pretend no one wants to ban guns. There's people running around saying the 2nd Amendment only meant we're allowed to own muskets.

I've read about several of the proposals being floated out there, including a call from dems and some republicans to reinstate the old, expired ban on assault-style weapons. But I can't find one where they're acutally calling for a ban on semiauto handguns too. (Certainly I don't doubt that some would do that very thing, I'm just not finding any specifics.)

If you happen to have a link handy or can otherwise point me in the right direction, that would be great.

The current bill proposes to ban all semi-autos that can accept a detachable magazine. It doesn't limit it to rifles. Source

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine

And they wonder why they can't get # to pass. You won't even get all Democrats on board with that.

But wait! Joshua Cox, the apparent self-appointed SCOTUS voice of reason on gun control, stated NO ONE was saying this (what’s in the bill outlined above).

To Joshua Cox, as a sibling to a sister with Down’s Syndrome, I find your repeated use of the word retarded rather offensive. I know you don’t care what anyone but you thinks, but I felt compelled to at least point it out to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join