It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the illogical pro-gun arguments intentionally illogical??????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Another fine example.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

If leftists think that over 100 million Americans are going to willingly disarm themselves, then delusional is putting it lightly.

The left, ironically, wants to turn this issue into a shooting war.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You brought up weapons of war I didn’t. It’s a subjective term.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.cnbc.com...
thehill.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

Just to name a few.

Doctors who work on gun victims have said that the AR15 is very much more lethal than handguns.

Many of the recent injured would have survived a similar handgun attack

Just Google it, but eat your supper first

Which handgun(s)? Can you quote multiple or just the one who received a MSM headline?

Couldn't resist an attempted zinger eh? In other words, you have nothing.

Case and point:

Maybe, but many scholars say it had more to do with southern concerns of maintaining slave control

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

He's not missing it, he's ignoring it with deliberate intent.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Second amendment is irrelevant. The argument is based on the lethal value of certain guns and when they will be made illegal. Doesn’t include hand guns.

If it is irrelevant it is only due to the fact that the Amendment itself does not bestow anything, but merely codifies something to ensure it is explicitly recognized.

How does one quantify the "lethal value" of specific firearms? Does it follow how many people are killed each year (handguns are far and away in the lead) or do we just go with which one looks the scariest?
edit on 26-2-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2018 by timequake because: beacuse I is my own grammar nazi...doh

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If leftists think that over 100 million Americans are going to willingly disarm themselves, then delusional is putting it lightly.

They better be careful too because so many of those same Americans own these scary, super dangerous "weapons of war" that can now fire "full semi-auto" that all this wailing and gnashing of teeth is over too.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I guess the smugness of the anti-rights people is what irks me.

They somehow think that they are on the side of angels when history clearly shows the opposite.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: ketsuko

The pork chop?

Always go with the porkchop.

Believe me.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Second amendment is irrelevant. The argument is based on the lethal value of certain guns and when they will be made illegal. Doesn’t include hand guns.

Handguns not included? GOOD!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Of course this is happening. It's rhetorical tactic 101. Otherwise known as The Strawman.

Prime examples: Trump suggesting teachers need to be armed. Or the NRA saying schools being gun free zones attracts gunmen.

No one should spend one second refuting those points. Simply a distraction to hijack the debate.

Trump has brought this to an art form. Like today, he says something so stupid and self-aggrandizing like he would have run into the school to stop the gunman. Everyone eyerolls and mocks him regarding his deferments. Suddenly the old, hyperbolic story of him "stopping a mugging" resurfaces.

Chatter turns to BS Trump hero argument, not guns. Win for Trump and NRA.

Everyday they succeed at that, we're one day closer to another mass shooting with no real action on common sense gun control.

So what you want to say is that we should just simply ignore arguments presented by people with whom we disagree by deeming them merely distractions, and then we go on debating? Isn't this already done every moment of every day: people putting their fingers in their ears and regurgitating talking points?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Never happen.

They will try to take them.

Who the hell they will talk into doing it, beats me.

Full on RANGE WAR!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They better be careful too because so many of those same Americans own these scary, super dangerous "weapons of war" that can now fire "full semi-auto" that all this wailing and gnashing of teeth is over too.

lol!! Ya missed!!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So did Trump stop the mugging with a gun, or just a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire?

Or maybe just intervening?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Am I the only person that has grown exhausted of all of these gun debates that has had no effect of changing anyone's mind? I don't even read most of the posts any more. It's just an endlessly redundant string of gun argument after argument after argument. Personally, I'm ready for an end to these types of threads. I truly do not know why I keep clicking on them.

Edit: I guess it's because there is just so little of anything other than this crud that is of interest now.
edit on 26-2-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I can tell this seems to be a very important issue to you because of the numerous threads you have made on the same subject. Changing a few words in the title, but basically all saying the same exact thing.

So I present you with a challenge. Instead of making pointless threads that create arguments, why don't you take a go-pro camera or similiar recording device and go into these cities like Baltimore and Chicago and ask individuals there to provide you with proof they are authorized to carry weapons legally. If they can't provide proof then you take the gun and move on to the next individual.

Take some others here from ATS that are always patting you on the back for your numerous threads and make a true difference. You and the other supporters of your ideas can begin making a difference. Enough of the threads and words and all the back patting. Step up, go out into these inner cities and start making the change you want to see. Every gun you take from anyone who is illegally in possession of a fire arm could save a life.

I grew up in Baltimore City so I would recommend you start in Cherry Hill. I can assist with directions if you need them.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
keeps gett'n better all the time

😁
😀

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is how the government does it. They creep creep creep on your rights, inching forwards slowly slowly, until the people say enough. Then they back up, wait for the outrage to die down. Then they start creeping another inch, another inch, another inch. They never give an inch up though. Eventually you have a fraction of what you had left and wonder how you got there. That's why when people say things like "it's only bump stocks!" people still get outraged. They know how this game works.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

There has never been any real threat of an American prohibition on firearms..

Please make the appropriate changes to your op to correct this erroneous statement.

cicilline.house.gov...

cicilline.house.gov...

edit on 2 26 2018 by JustaBill because: changed reflect to correct

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

One of the reasons they're so up in arms over the NRA for the last week.

Take away watchdogs and hopefully, they think, that the law can sneak by the great unwashed.

Nope. Don't need the NRA for this...it surely helps, though.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That would be ironic, wouldn't it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join