It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I suspect that these idiots in Congress know that. They want to be seen "doing something". Even though that something won't actually accomplish anything even remotely worthwhile.

So later this year, when the mid-terms election campaigns are underway, they can point at this landmark legislation that "we tried to get passed, but it was shot down (see what I did there?) by the evil NRA and those nasty Republicans and their gun-hugging, bible-thumpin' constituencies."

...and all too many of their all too mindless followers, or fools, will lap it up like the good little sheep that they are. Instead of actually looking at the issue of what's actually wrong. But nope, NRA and guns, that'll be the issue most will campaign on, that and "We HATE Trump!! Lots!!"
edit on 2/27/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You're right, I'm sure the Republicans will do the same thing saying "we shot down this evil legislation to ban guns by the nasty Democrats". It goes both ways.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Absolutely they will. It'll probably be just about the only thing I agree with 'em on...

The really sucky thing about these mid-terms is, I'll have just moved into my new voting district in Tennessee, and I'll have no clue what so ever about what's going on...

Some here would, of course, be tempted to ask "What's new about that??"

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

One thing i learned from boardwalk empire. Is that prohibition usually leads to criminals becoming stronger. And usually those criminals are Mafia involved with politicians.

Sometimes I wonder if the power that be are rubbing it in our faces on purpose. I think you all know what we are dealing with. It is a powerful machine/ beast system trying to destroy the U.S from within. And we are witnessing it manifest before our eyes.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
So does someone want to tell me they don't want your guns again...

It is BS stunts like this that keep any actual progress being made, Democrats will go well we tried its the other sides fault, their koolaid drinkers will eat it up.

This is always where they default to when pressed on common sense laws, and there is nothing common sense about that pile of garbage.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas
The China event was 10 attackers who killed 28.
That’s 2.8 killed per attacker .

Florida was one person who took out 17

I also suppose if you can’t get your hands on guns (unless you live in America) a knife is the weapon of choice

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Yeah but then there are us few that run towards danger.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

I also suppose if you can’t get your hands on guns (unless you live in America) a knife is the weapon of choice

Oh you can die here as fast as being shot.

Just need to be an asshole part time bus driver and kill 19 in a heartbeat.

Or how bout a night time ride through the Andes or the himalayas in a bus?

edit on 2 27 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Why can’t the house introduce a bill requiring the immediate ouster of idiots who propose such nonsense?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Well, to be perfectly honest, if we kicked out everyone who proposed stupid sh**, there'd be nobody left but the janitor.

..........sounds pretty good when ya stop and think about it though.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: SailorJerry

And then SOMEONE is going to have to go get them from citizens. Im willing to bet that voluntary list is going to be very very short.

I imagine when automatic weapons were banned in Australia, people thought the same thing. That there was going to be a sh# storm. But there was no sh# storm, and people voluntarily handed in their guns (though they did get paid for them - paid for by the citizens own tax contributions).

That was Automtic weapons, and that was Australia

Where it wasnt written into your Constitution.

Watch and see.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: violet

Oh you can die here as fast as being shot.

Just need to be an asshole part time bus driver and kill 19 in a heartbeat.

Or how bout a night time ride through the Andes or the himalayas in a bus?

No offense but

WTF is wrong with you, youre not exactly the kind of advocate those of us really want around for the 2nd.

youre the one we do lots of backgrounds on.
edit on 27-2-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
As long as all gun owners are able to prove they are part of a well regulated militia I see no reason why people can't own rocket launchers and flame throwers if that's what they want.

That's reasonable right?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
As long as all gun owners are able to prove they are part of a well regulated militia I see no reason why people can't own rocket launchers and flame throwers if that's what they want.

That's reasonable right?

Satire or not, when was the last time there was a mass killing of people with Flame Throwers or Rocket launchers?

Ill wait....

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Super dead on arrival. Idiots. This would ban even the firearms their own security detail uses as well as what most of them may conceal carry .

Bolt action, lever action, pump and revolvers only is what would be left as legal. That would absolutely turn this country into a violent criminal utopia if passed.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

If democrats support this, add to the bill to what China wants: unlimited term limits for President. Perhaps then the democrats will understand the reason for the 2nd amendment.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.politico.com... they dont even think the bump stock ban or even increased NCIS will pass this has a snowballs chance in hell of passing

But that proposal has been rejected twice by the Senate in the past five years, despite public support for instituting background checks on Internet and gun show sales. And the chief GOP sponsor of the Fix NICS bill rejected Schumer’s plea to go much bigger than improving the existing background check system. “I’m for doing what’s achievable. If we want to get bogged down again, do nothing? To me that’s unacceptable,” said Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas). Fix NICS is “the most obvious place to start. I’m not saying finish there, but start there and let’s get that done.” It’s unclear precisely what Trump wants Congress to do. He has spoken of improving background checks, raising the age for buying some rifles to 21 and enacting a ban on bump stocks, which allows semi-automatic weapons to mimic the rate of fire of fully automatic ones. But Republicans are bearish on doing much beyond Fix NICS and enacting a bump stock ban, with that perhaps being done under the president’s executive authority. “Most of us believe that’s a Second Amendment right that’s not to be trifled with,” said Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) of the gun control debate. He said both Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell had little appetite for a big gun debate. “We’re not going to ban the AR-15. But we can ban bump stocks. I don’t know about the age change,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) in an interview with The Greenville News. “I don’t know where that’s going to go. It depends on what the president does.”
i could even see trump vetoing it

and if they do some how manage to get it passed and its not vetoed the scotus will take it up and crush it like DC hand gun ban Goursh is far from anti gun would almost be worth it to have it pass just to have SCOTUS rule it unconstitutional so it cant be attempted again

I am a republican for the last couple of years and counting.

I am also a devout christian.

Guns are needed and should not be banned.

But i am 100% sure that the BUMP Stocks need to be Banned. Have any of you watched videos of this in action?
There is a reason why AUTOMATICS ARE BANNED. Lets not get into right or wrong, WE ALL AGREE that automatics are not allowed for a good reason. Lets not go down that path again as to why we need it. Second, our military is going away from AUTOMATICS because they cause collateral damage. It is better to be on point than not, that is why our military is great.

We as citizens need guns for protection. As much as the Christian side of me hates saying that, it is true.

Peter carried a sword when he was with Jesus all the way up when Jesus was taken away (think about that).
www.blogos.org...

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The United States must not devolve into a group of fearful children willing to give away Rights to maintain the illusion of security.
Yeh...cuz next thing you know it, somebody will propose a "Patriot Act" or some fool notion. Way to integrity, 'Murica!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DeerSpotter

I don't really give two craps about bump stocks bit honestly how many shootings have happened with Them?

One.....

It's just a another token move by the left to make it look like they did something. It has absolutely no impact on the actual issue

And that's my problem w it

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

If in East Tennessee, best vote Republican. Not that they are all conservative, just only way of winning is to be “Republican.”

As for Congress, did you ever think the government would have a shutdown over the quasi-citizenship status of children brought here illegally? Did you ever think it would happen based off your mindset twenty years ago?

As for could all guns ever be banned? 1933 saw FDR’s executive order for gold confiscation. A few more executive orders and some trials over gold led to 1934’s gold standard act which raise the price from $20 to $35. Yep, those that complied with the orders lost $15 an ounce. Trying then meant you broke “the law” so you lost another $20 an ounce and were fined and jailed. 1934 was also the year of NFA banning machine guns, short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns, explosive ordinance and all other weapons not of a sporting nature, primarily tools of war. So any gun over 50 caliber, other than muzzleloaders and shotguns, select fire guns, three edged knives, hand grenades, rocket launchers, nukes, chemical weapons, pen guns, broom handle rifles/shot guns, umbrella guns, silencers, phasers, blasters and lightsabers would fall under that law too. The original bill included all semi-automatics but was struck for hunters.

The NFA was designed to remove the Tommy Gun and few other undesirable weapons, because of the mobster violence during prohibition. Except prohibition was over, which ended the violence pretty much then and there. The NFA was the first gun control law that was passed since 1781, called the Second Amendment. In 1933 you could have owned a Star Destroyer had they existed.

To say never going to happen, is an understatement to the monument of collective stupidity that is our government. Because stun guns and pepper spray were regulated under that law as well until definitions between police and civilian market were made.

edit on 27-2-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join