It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis
This would leave us virtually no guns.

They cannot take that which is not openly given. Just sayin. In the grand scheme of things, the law, especially Unconstitutional laws, aren't worth following.

My other concern is how the law is worded. Even though they claim it only affects like 205 types the definition used leaves the law open to interpretation from the US AG and the state AG as well as prosecuting attorneys. It allows those entities to interpret this law to include more than just whats listed. You get a Democratic AG and country Prosecutor they can issue a legal opinion on how the law is applied in their jurisdictions and what it applies to.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

"Today I joined @RepCicilline and 150+ of my colleagues to introduce the assault weapons ban. It’s time for Congress to listen to the will of a majority of Americans and pass sensible legislation to get these weapons of war off our streets. #NeverAgain #MSDStrong," Deutch tweeted.

That was an effing joke.

The will of the people they say. A minority. 150 in a partisan hack vote.

Seems to me that sentiment would be echoed by the rest of the House.

And that's 285 short.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well, If they REALLY want to focus on "gun control" for the mid-terms........ That has cost them many times and will again.

Works for me.

I'd love nothing better to see them steaming pile of dog snip cheating,lying #'s fired.
edit on 26-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Even if it was the "majority" it doesn't matter. The entire purpose of the Constitution was to prevent the USA from falling to the tyranny of the majority.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Xcathdra

"Weapons of war," much like assault weapons describe a motive or an actions. Not the object.

These arguments are based on nonsense which is why it's so hard to have the discussion.

Heavens forbid we talk about culture.

And if this passed(which it wont), future shooters would be forced to use shotguns and revolvers.
Which would also need to be banned.....

This is bull# gesturing and grandstanding is nothing new. Everyone knows dems want ALL guns gone-EXCEPT the ones that protect THEM.

If you love that idea(no guns), it's simple-
Move to Europe /Australia.

link   
Of the twenty or so guns that have been credited with “Winning the (American) West, not one of them were semi-automatic; six-shooter revolvers, breech-loading rifles, and shotguns, yes.

But not one semi-automatic.

And yet, even given the fact “The Law” was thinly spread and concentrated, mostly, in the few(er) and more widely separated cities, and therefore, one would expect, individuals would need fear for, and provide for, their own safety,

They did so without the benefit, not to mention, need of, semi-automatic weapons.

Perhaps the gun owners of yesteryear wear made of stouter stuff than those of today?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Fully automatic weapons are for the most part banned. At the least, there is a massive amount of time and paperwork involved not to mention financial means.

There are still school shootings.

link   

a reply to: neo96

Even if it was the "majority" it doesn't matter. The entire purpose of the Constitution was to prevent the USA from falling to the tyranny of the majority.

Clearly they aren't reading it or even faking it.

5th and 6th says take us to court.

The 14th says No state shall make or enforce any law that abridges....

I'm gonna stop cause I'm getting mad.

link   
Civil War time. They dont want to negotiate peacefully then they obviously want a fight.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Uhm yes, they were semi automatic.

Also

edit on 26-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Odd.

It's almost like they are TRYING to lose more seats this year.

This will go nowhere and will be used against Dem candidates.

So win/win, I guess.... LOL

link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Of the twenty or so guns that have been credited with “Winning the (American) West, not one of them were semi-automatic; six-shooter revolvers, breech-loading rifles, and shotguns, yes.

And yet, even given the fact “The Law” was thinly spread and concentrated, mostly, in the few(er) and more widely separated cities, and therefore, one would expect, individuals would need fear for, and provide for, their own safety,

They did so without the benefit, not to mention, need of, semi-automatic weapons.

Perhaps the gun owners of yesteryear wear made of stouter stuff than those of today?

How many criminals and LEOs had semi autos then? Perhaps you're making a false analogy.

Hey, here's one for you... nobody needed cell phones, GPS, or the internet to navigate America 40 years ago. Look at all the pansies now using them.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
If they actually manage to get that snip passed?

War, Neo, war would be the answer, pure and simple.

Maybe that is what they are after.

link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

That's because their wasn't semi automatic weapons then.
That's like saying...cavemen didn't need semiautomatic weapons. Duhhh!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

If so, I have to wonder why they're so eager to meet God.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ursushorribilis

Cave men didn't need to pass a background check to use their spears, and rocks.

I really hate those people.

I do.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

We've all been taught that the good guys never lose.

link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Of the twenty or so guns that have been credited with “Winning the (American) West, not one of them were semi-automatic; six-shooter revolvers, breech-loading rifles, and shotguns, yes. But not one semi-automatic.

Christ , and this is whats wrong with the anti gun crowd, this is how uninformed you are.

Ps. Ever hear of Winchester, Springfield or Sharps?

Why do you people insist on entering debates when you so clearly have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Of course they werent considered "semi Automatic" because they werent invented yet

Although you might tech think of Gatling as Semi Auto
edit on 26-2-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

link   

Because then they get to use that as reason to go house to house and round them all up.

That bill is only one step in their master plan.

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Odd.

It's almost like they are TRYING to lose more seats this year.

This will go nowhere and will be used against Dem candidates.

So win/win, I guess.... LOL

I dont think they are trying to lose seats. I truly believe Democrats are just that out of touch with the people. They think their high minded notions are universal and arent open to interpretation other than their own. They are blinded by their own ideals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join