It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Not my job. I'm not a law maker.

Neither are you.

However, I did swear an oath to defend the constitution of the US. If our government actually amends it, that's one thing and provided for in the constitution itself.

On the other hand, people trying to remove rights without doing it the correct way is the same as attacking it.

I have no solution for the problem of people with mental issues.

However what I DO KNOW is that removing people's rights is NOT THE ANSWER.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It is times like this I am so glad that my President is Trump and not HRC. I have this chilling thought of McCain giving the thumbs up as a gun control bill is passed.

There is NO reason to ban anything.

Trump 2020!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I'm not talking about you personally. I'm talking about the GOP in Congress.

Someone posted that the Dems knew this bill probably wouldn't pass (the Republicans have control), but they could at least go to their constituents and say Republicans don't care about the victims. You know what? It sure looks that way when the GOP doesn't offer any real solutions.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2018 by kaylaluv because: Duplicate

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: eriktheawful

I'm not talking about you personally. I'm talking about the GOP in Congress.

Someone posted that the Dems knew this bill probably wouldn't pass (the Republicans have control), but they could at least go to their constituents and say Republicans don't care about the victims. You know what? It sure looks that way when the GOP doesn't offer any real solutions.

How stupid do you (yes you) have to be to think that coming up with a BAD idea is better than thinking up a good idea???!!!

Talk about complete lack of intelligent thought there. Especially when it involves ALL of us in its net.

Perhaps we should propose a law that incarcerates anyone using the name of kaylaluv in social media. That will solve this problem as much as what the Dems have proposed. At least it is something being offered.

SMFH

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

How horrible you must be to not give a crap about those victims? Shame on you.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Your appeals to emotion are ridiculous and constant.

I have to wonder if you are capable of having an adult conversation.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

And there it is.....the "you don't care about those victims" accusation.

You disgust me. You really do if you actually believe that crap you are shoveling. I guess you don't care about the rights of EVERY citizen in this entire country that would be unable to defend themselves and might DIE because of your lack of vision.

No thanks. I can defend myself. You want to wait for them to (maybe) save you in a life threatening situation. Fine, that is your decision, please do not make the same one for me and my family.

Morons...all of them.

edit on 2/27/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
With all apologies to the original:

First they came for the guns, but I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a gun owner.
    Then they came for the religious, but I didn’t speak out because I am agnostic.
    Then they came for the newspaper publishers, but I didn’t speak out because I get my information from CNN talking points.
    Then they came for the people that congregate in numbers higher than three, but I didn’t speak out because I use social media.
    By the time they came for me, people weren’t allowed to speak out for me...

But no, it’s not like that at all is it?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Wanting to help those with mental issues that could be a danger to themselves and society is a great thing.

It's a good thing.

So I could ask the same question: Why isn't the Left doing something to help them?

Because the NRA owns the GOP and all branches of government?

President Obama managed to squeak by one regulation bypassing congress concerning guns.

A small step, demanding that people that were receiving Medicaid Disability payments from the government due to Mental Disability that was sufficient enough where they had assigned someone else to manage their payments and finances would need to be included in the Gun Purchases background check system.

Sounds reasonable?

Trump repealed the regulation, cuz mentally disabled folks on Medicaid should own guns too!

Last February, Trump signed a bill making it easier for people with mental illness to buy guns
Republicans rolled back even the most modest gun regulations.

Specifically, what Obama did was order to Social Security Administration to take the list of people who were deemed so severely mentally ill that they are unfit to handle their own disability benefits and forward it to the FBI. The FBI was then supposed to incorporate that list in the background checks used to disqualify people from gun ownership.

www.vox.com...

Eventually something is going to get done. it might not feel like it now, but the tide is shifting.

Republicans should be the ones to get it done while they still have the power to propose and pass steps they think reasonable.

If they are incapable of doing that, then they forfeit all rights to complain when other people make proposals.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So it bans the majority of firearms sold in the US today.

This is why nothing ever gets done, ridiculously over the top proposals that even moderate Democrats wouldn't vote for.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yeah well I'm certainly not alone. People are pissed about kids getting shot up every other week. Lots of people. Millions of people. They are sick and tired of it and they WANT SOLUTIONS. Not just finger pointing. Solutions.

We can't all be Mr. Spock with no emotion whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Yeah well I'm certainly not alone. People are pissed about kids getting shot up every other week. Lots of people. Millions of people. They are sick and tired of it and they WANT SOLUTIONS. Not just finger pointing. Solutions.

Here is a proposal. Lock up any kid found bullying another in a school for 10 years. No court, no due process, just send them to jail. Would you support sending that as a bill to congress as a solution? Because, it sure as hell affects less people than the Dems recent bill and has the same lack of due process controls in place. It actually specifies a small group who actually may have had some responsibility in these school shootings too.

Is that better than nothing to you?

Or, do you not want to think of the hundreds of innocent children that would be saved a lifetime of anguish and horror, only to be forced to kill themselves or others as the only way out? You are heartless.

Shame on you.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Here is a proposal. Lock up any kid found bullying another in a school for 10 years. No court, no due process, just send them to jail. Would you support sending that as a bill to congress as a solution? Because, it sure as hell affects less people than the Dems recent bill and has the same lack of due process controls in place. It actually specifies a small group who actually may have had some responsibility in these school shootings too.

Is that the GOP's official solution?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I mentioned the people that would become jobless and their dependent children whose very livelihood would be struck down, leaving them impoverished and suffering malnutrition as they face the horrors of poverty’s dehibilitation on health. More than a million at once by pen stroke. And in the end solves absolutely zero. Because lever actions and revolvers and tube loaders and speed loaders will still exist under this bill. Seems the left doesn’t care at all about anything but their own wants...

Senseless selfishness.

edit on 27-2-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Is that the GOP's official solution?

Why would it matter to you?

Heartless person that you are.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Look, I have never said that banning guns is the perfect solution. I am trying to get the GOP in Congress to get off their asses and come up with something better than "noooo, not fair to take mah gunz!"

There has to be something other than ban guns or do absolutely nothing as our choices. Because if those are our only choices, I'd rather go with banning guns. I'm sick of doing nothing. Sick of it.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Look, I have never said that banning guns is the perfect solution. I am trying to get the GOP in Congress to get off their asses and come up with something better than "noooo, not fair to take mah gunz!"

There has to be something other than ban guns or do absolutely nothing as our choices. Because if those are our only choices, I'd rather go with banning guns. I'm sick of doing nothing. Sick of it.

So, screw our rights, ll of us?

Thanks for your draconian thoughts there, heartless. You care nothing for anyone but yourself, that much is clear.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Give me another alternative then. Something other than...nothing

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This is pretty disingenuous. There have been gun control bills proposed by GOP that Democrats wouldn't support. Maybe it wasn't everything they want but any step in the right direction you'd think they support. Both parties are responsible for this.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join