It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

House Democrats have introduced a bill banning semi-automatic firearms in the wake of the Feb. 14 shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla.

Rep. David Cicilline, D-R.I., announced Monday he is introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2018. More than 150 Democrats have signed on in support of the legislation, Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla., said.

"Today I joined @RepCicilline and 150+ of my colleagues to introduce the assault weapons ban. It’s time for Congress to listen to the will of a majority of Americans and pass sensible legislation to get these weapons of war off our streets. #NeverAgain #MSDStrong," Deutch tweeted.

What the illegal and unconstitutional ban includes -

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, the legislation bans the sale, transfer, production, and importation of semi-automatic shotguns with features such as a pistol grip or detachable stock, and ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.

Cicilline’s legislation names 205 specific firearms that are prohibited, including the AK-47 and AR-15.

“Assault weapons were made for one purpose,” Cicilline said in a statement. “They are designed to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time. They do not belong in our communities.”

Deutch vowed during a CNN town hall last week to introduce a bill banning semi-automatic weapons.

click link for rest of article...

As always Democrats are once again trying to end run around the 2nd amendment. I am more and more of the mindset Democrats like these mass shootings just so they can push their gun ban bull#.

Talk to your congressman and let your voices be heard. I do not trust nor believe the government can protect the individual and this attempt to disarm the population is dangerous.
edit on 26-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+67 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

House Democrats are welcome to take that bill, roll it into a tight cilynder, and shove it up their collective asses. This is beyond ridiculous. The United States must not devolve into a group of fearful children willing to give away Rights to maintain the illusion of security.

+29 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A detachable mag and more than 10 rounds?

Yeah thats not gonna fly

this is all just theater so they can say the right doesnt care about kids when they shoot it down.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

House Democrats are welcome to take that bill, roll it into a tight cilynder, and shove it up their collective asses. This is beyond ridiculous. The United States must not devolve into a group of fearful children willing to give away Rights to maintain the illusion of security.

I completely agree.. I also think they are intentionally hiding the true intent of this law. Banning any semi automatic rifle and pistol with a detachable magazine encompasses more then just 200+ weapons. That definition essentially includes them all.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Nope. They can suck it. This is not a solution. Its belligerent opposition. I thought they were politicians? All they do is make demands and offer ultimatums like royalty. SO again. Suck it.

edit on 2 26 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Every time I see the term "weapon of war" in relation to a civilian model AR-15, it should be a clear indication that an agenda is afoot.

SCOTUS remarks that 2nd amendment privileges do not extend to weapons of war. Should they keep repeating the buzzword, perhaps they will convince the masses to go along with the massive misnomer and classify it as such.

They say they are not coming for your guns...but they are coming for your guns.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This legislation just pisses me off to no end. I am tired of Democrats exploiting these situations to push an agenda. As a side not reference the shooting in Florida. The AG, Pam Bondy, and the Governor have ordered the state police to begin an investigation into what occurred. She alluded to the fact deputies had lied to her and the Governor and would not comment further on it.
edit on 26-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Sweet Dreams for them.

This is going nowhere.... thank God.

But here is an example of their "true colors".

If they could, they would get them all.
edit on 26-2-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

"Weapons of war," much like assault weapons describe a motive or an actions. Not the object.

These arguments are based on nonsense which is why it's so hard to have the discussion.

Heavens forbid we talk about culture.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Almost all guns fall into that category.
And they say they don't want to take our guns? BS.
This would leave us virtually no guns.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

"Assault weapons were made for one purpose,” Cicilline said in a statement. “They are designed to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time. They do not belong in our communities.”"

Let's just get one thing straight. By Assault weapons here, he means ALL semi-automatics, not just ARs.

By this logic we can say the same thing about knives. Before being refined and ACCEPTED by a solid majority; these tools were primarily used for killing. It started with stone Which wasn't sharp enough for simple cutting in our early development and tool creation. A knife is a tool. A tool that through most of it's development was designed around war. Yet, totally cool today. Why because there is a bigger goblin to fear. We let guns slip, we keep slipping.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

As long as this applies to ALL people including government and law enforcement.

We'll just go at it with revolvers and repeaters like its 1890 again.

Yeehaw.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

As long as this applies to ALL people including government and law enforcement.

We'll just go at it with revolvers and repeaters like its 1890 again.

Yeehaw.

It doesnt.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Cicilline’s legislation names 205 specific firearms that are prohibited, including the AK-47 and AR-15.

205!

By name.

By feature pretty much every gun there is.

FASCISTS!

If they actually manage to get that snip passed?

Gun Control Free cities/states.

Sanctuary states for gun owners.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis
This would leave us virtually no guns.

They cannot take that which is not openly given. Just sayin. In the grand scheme of things, the law, especially Unconstitutional laws, aren't worth following.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

205!

By name.

By feature pretty much every gun there is.

FASCISTS!

Gun Control Free cities/states.

Sanctuary states for gun owners.

Well, If they REALLY want to focus on "gun control" for the mid-terms........

That has cost them many times and will again.

Clinton: Don't trivialize gun culture
www.politico.com...

“Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them,” Clinton said.

edit on 26-2-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yeah it was kind of a joke, like this bill.

SO desperate to have the common citizen at a distinct disadvantage arent they?

"I dont want you to be able to kill me so that its safer for me to kill you" mentality will never make sense no matter how many tragedies are manufactured.

link   

This is idiocy at an epic scale, people are uninformed and caught up in their feelings instead of logic

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: neo96

War, Neo, war would be the answer, pure and simple.

link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Sweet Dreams for them.

This is going nowhere.... thank God.

But here is an example of their "true colors".

If they could, they would get them all.

Yes, but it's part of the 2018 midterm playbook. They "did" something, and now they can run on having "done" something, but those mean old Republicans just want children to die. Then they trot out Sandra Fluke, I mean David Hogg and let him say so and try to capture some mythical moral high ground.

... pay no attention to the completely inept sheriff and his cowardly deputies hiding behind the curtain attempting to pretend they weren't ignoring kids like Cruz in order to capture government money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join