It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BSO trains its officers to seek cover and assess the situation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Also from the statement by the attorney:

He also said he "had the presence of mind" to have school officials review with closed-circuit TV cameras "to locate the shooter."

Except we know that when LEOs were trying to pull video, they needed somebody who could access the camera system, which was Peterson, and nobody knew where Peterson was. They had to bring a school staff member back into the building to be able to get into the system.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

If First responders went into the building as they arrived , one after another, uncoordinated with each other, they may encounter each other inside and accidentally exchange fire , wounding and or killing each other.

This is a simple matter of tactics.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
you know... it appears to me that All-the-Officers who kept behind their cars for the 4 minutes of gunfire...
were only the Sheriff Deputies------------------------------- And not the local Police !

there is a lot of Questions being raised about Sheriff Israel and his platoon of Loyal Deputies

it seems the 4 Deputies remained outside the shooting gallery until the action ceased (... Cruz left to get a Burger)
there's also rumbling about one Deputy Nezar Hamze being unqualified to serve under the prior Sheriff, but is fiercely protected by the current Sheriff despite being in leadership with CAIR & Hamas, both Muslim radical orgs.

something needs greater explaining about this 'apparent' Private Army of Sheriff Israel

www.therebel.media...

"Why is Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel giving cover to a deputy ( Mr. NEZAR HAMZE) who is part of CAIR leadership when CAIR has well-documented links to Hamas?" ... video 4:32
see:

edit on th28151969314926592018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Except we know that when LEOs were trying to pull video, they needed somebody who could access the camera system, which was Peterson, and nobody knew where Peterson was. They had to bring a school staff member back into the building to be able to get into the system.

I don't understand... Peterson must not have been the only one who could access the camera system, since they brought someone else to do it. And that would be silly anyway to have only one person who could access the system for this very reason. Do you remember where you read this? Or who else has access to the system? I have a tab open about how/why the system was on 20+ minute delay... maybe I should go read it and I'll find my own answers without pestering you... but it's just so much more fun this way

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The security system would be restricted access within the school. There’d be no reason for every teacher and every cop to have access to it.

I didn’t read it, it’s in the radio traffic that got posted in my thread the other day. A unit inside the school and dispatch are both asking where Peterson is.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

A unit inside the school and dispatch are both asking where Peterson is.

Thank you.

We sure need that radio traffic released...

Sheriff Israel said that Peterson didn't reach the building until 90 seconds after the shooting started. There was a very early report that he might have been off campus dealing with something that "happened." (Lots of other reports too -- that it might have been his day off, he was off-campus doing some kind of training, he was just on another part of the campus). I mention this one because of the initial reports of three off-campus deaths as well. It seems Peterson would have responded to any such incidents.

Someone needs to talk with that Kelvin Greenleaf guy that was with Peterson when he responded to the firecrackers call... He's gotta know something. I wonder if he's the one who first saw and reported Cruz entering the campus.

And now a question for you (if you are so inclined as to answer
): In your experience and judgment, is there any possible way a veteran LEO could mistake that gunfire from inside the building as gunfire outside the building?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
"Assess the situation" does not mean hide behind cover and chill. Access the situation and react. My personal opinion ( like buttholes ) is that there was either a stand down order or this guy sat behind his cruiser thinking " I can retire right now OR go in there save some kids and maybe get killed." He chose the former. He retired as those shots were going off. Just my opinion.
I refuse to call this guy a police officer, I know police officers and any one of them would have rushed in that building to save children ( children goes up to the age of about 25 now-a-days ).
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

In your experience and judgment, is there any possible way a veteran LEO could mistake that gunfire from inside the building as gunfire outside the building?

It's a bit of a mixed bag answer, to be honest. On the one hand, there's a unit radioing that they have a victim outside with a GSW. Whether that's Peterson or not, I don't know. I'm inclined to think it's not, because the unit in question is asking for bolt cutters to get through a fence and get the student out and if Peterson was up by a building, he wouldn't need bolt cutters to get through a fence around a baseball field.

BUT

The fact that there were wounded outside probably added a level of confusion as to where the shooter was, and how many shooters there were.

BUT

Peterson was taking cover outside the building where the shooting was happening, and it appears he was doing so as the shooting continued to happen for at least the last few minutes of it. I think it's reasonable to believe he had to have known there was a shooter in the building, but not necessarily known that it was isolated to that building.

BUT

As you and I have discussed before, you make entry, move to the shooter, and engage the shooter. Those last two actions are not predicated on knowing exactly where the shooter is in the building when you make entry.

As I said, I think it's reasonable to think he had to have known there was a shooter in the building. I also think it's reasonable to believe he was unsure if that was the only shooter, given that we know there were wounded outside the building.

To be blunt, at this point it looks to me like Peterson got stuck in his OODA Loop and never unstuck himself, rather than him being a coward.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

They didn't even arrive until after the shooting was over.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

It's a bit of a mixed bag answer, to be honest.

Thank you. I was hoping it was simpler than I was making it, but it's not... maybe not for the same reasons I was thinking, but the end result is the same.

Peterson was taking cover outside the building where the shooting was happening, and it appears he was doing so as the shooting continued to happen for at least the last few minutes of it.

Again, I sure wish I had audio and transcripts, but I've been thinking about this, and given the 90 second delay between when shots were first fired and Peterson arrived at the building, I'm not sure how much gunfire (or anything else) he would be hearing at that point. At least not at first, or even consistently. I would think that the initial major barrage on the first floor would have been over by then. By the time Cruz headed to the second floor, anyone able would be back in their classrooms hiding or they'd run out the building already. So I'm not sure Peterson would have even seen anyone fleeing the building. (Which is contrary to my initial thoughts that he must have seen the stampede out of the building). The information on shooting on the second and third floor is limited at best, but from what we know, it would seem he didn't do too much shooting on the second floor. Witness statements tell us there was shooting on the third floor, both at the people on the floor, and trying to shoot out the windows for presumably a sniper position on the senior courtyard. And that I would expect Peterson to observe from his vantage point outside the building. I may have it backwards, but I think Peterson would have been facing that side of the building.

As I said, I think it's reasonable to think he had to have known there was a shooter in the building. I also think it's reasonable to believe he was unsure if that was the only shooter, given that we know there were wounded outside the building.

I think so too -- at some point. But I'm still stuck on exactly when he knew or should have known or could have known.

To be blunt, at this point it looks to me like Peterson got stuck in his OODA Loop and never unstuck himself, rather than him being a coward.

I agree there also. I think there were too many factors to take in all at once and he was misinformed or he mis-prioritized or misunderstood something... whatever it was, he never got to the "act" mode.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yep. Without knowing exactly where Peterson was and exactly when he got there and exactly how long the shooting continued for, along with countless other factors, this is all simply guesswork.

Educated guesswork perhaps, but guesswork nonetheless.

For example, the timeline I've seen is that the shooting lasted from 1421 to 1428. The first mention of the GSW on the athletic field is at, roughly, 1428. But supposedly Peterson was in place for four minutes of the shooting, which means 1424 to 1428. If he was in place at 1424, why was he radioing (if we're to believe his statement) about needing bolt cutters on the athletic field at 1428?

Unfortunately we have to wait for the investigators to literally retrace steps and put together a picture for us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join