It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BSO trains its officers to seek cover and assess the situation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So i just came across this article about the publicly shamed Broward County Deputy who ran and hid (or something) during the first minuted of the Florida school shooting and something stuck out like a big ole' sore thumb. Check out the following statement made by Mr. Peterson lawyer:

Peterson "heard gunshots but believed those gunshots were originating from outside of the buildings on the school campus," according to the release. "BSO trains its officers that in the event of outdoor gunfire one is to seek cover and assess the situation in order to communicate what one observes with other law enforcement."

www.zerohedge.com...

Yes, you read that right: "BSO trains its officers that in the event of outdoor gunfire one is to seek cover and assess the situation"

so there you have it, by official police training: Cops are NOT here to keep you safe or save you from danger. Period.

Why in Gods name would anyone want to give up their means of protection with the full knowledge that in the event of an active shooter official police procedure is to duck and cover, AKA run and hide.

If this is in the wrong spot or a dublicate post Mods feel free to move or remove... i don't do this much

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

"BSO trains its officers that in the event of outdoor gunfire one is to seek cover and assess the situation"

Uhh....yes?

If you're outside and there's gunfire from somewhere else outside, it's generally a good idea to take cover and figure out where it's coming from rather than run around like a dickhead.

The problem is that the shots were coming from inside and nobody, according to this attorney anyway, figured that out for the entire duration of the shooting.

link   
The Supreme Court has also ruled that LEOs are not obligated to help citizens. They are more of a clean up crew for AFTER you have been killed.

No one is taking my guns.
edit on 2018/2/26 by Metallicus because: sp

link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

"BSO trains its officers that in the event of outdoor gunfire one is to seek cover and assess the situation"

When you take fire, you seek cover and assess. Then you quickly form a battle-plan and get to work. You don't hide out until it's over "assessing".

Bunch of flunkies.

EDIT:

Also this is for taking fire outside. What are their procedures for assessment and actions when kids are being murdered?
edit on 26 2 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

and yet the neighboring counties officers assesed and went in...why are you looking to give bad police work here a break?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

When you take fire,

Except he took no fire, he just heard gunshot coming from a school and heard nothing...easy to say "i thought it came from outside" a week later...

What are their procedures for assessment and actions when kids are being murdered?

Police officers responding to an active shooter are trained in a procedure known as Rapid Deployment and proceed immediately to the area in which shots were last heard; their purpose is to stop the shooting as quickly as possible.

the problem being:

While calling 911 in an emergency has been around for ages, it can take too long from the time an emergency is reported to the time officers arrive on the scene. The average school shooting lasts 12.5 minutes.

Police: stopping the shooting in 12.5 minutes or more...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
RA
edit on 26-2-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

give bad police work here a break

not my intention... pointing out that police arn't here to/cant save anyone by evidence of their training or simple physics.

link   

Let's assume that that is, indeed, the case. It should have been nothing less than blindingly obvious, after a few seconds of "assessment", that the shots were coming from inside.

No, that's someone searching for any excuse to explain away their incompetence and cowardice, as "training".

link   
The kids inside the building must have been awfully freaking quiet as they were being shot.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No, that's someone searching for any excuse to explain away their incompetence and cowardice, as "training".

that is my sentiment exactly...does it come off as me trying to justify it?? im not the best at words lol... i was more pointing out that per training cops aren't going to save you..yet the big push recently is that only cops should have the guns... or something
edit on 26-2-2018 by smkymcnugget420 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
and LEO's want to know why we don't trust the judicial system anymore

Look at the job your fellow officers are doing, look at the leadership in our local communities and stop wondering why we feel the way we do.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The first time I read it, it kinda did... But you don't seem to be doing anything of the sort. My bad, and here's my apology.

Sorry about that.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's all I see here.

Some jobs you aren't allowed to get wrong, ever, or people die.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

does it come off as me trying to justify it?? im not the best at words lol...

It kind of did. Which is what prompted my initial response as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Sounds logical...of course you must take a few seconds and assess any situation, especially one where you are expected to run toward gunfire.

That said, the Sheriff already noted that Peterson should have entered the building a did what he could to find and neutralize the shooter.

From what I have read recently, it was already known that Cruz had entered the building by someone (not the SRO) who saw Cruz enter the school. The SRO should have known this, because in the few years of misspent youth where my SRO knew me by name in high school, I know for a fact that the office and the principle have direct ability to contact the SRO. So, if he was not contacted and told what was happening within the at least four minutes that he was hiding behind a concrete column, that failure needs to be fully investigated as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

my bad

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

BSO trains its officers to seek cover and assess the situation.

I guess thats why my old grandfather told me, to call the fire dept if it really gets gnarly. The FD will get there much quicker and won't panic and shoot you like the cops will.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

figure's i'd screw up my first post... i waited so long for my moment to shine and i squandered it...hmmm sounds familiar

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

lol

No worries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join