It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein was right! (for once)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

What if i would tell you that you could make that fridge 90% more efficient?

Just lay it's on it's back ( Disclaimer, do not do this in real life).

emphasis mine, you will kill your refrigerator if you do that.
edit on 26-2-2018 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
Any ideas on how I could build a cheap fridge to keep my beer kegs cold? I’d like to be able to build it into the bottom of my kitchen table..

Yes, I’m being serious..

I've seen several personal mini-fridges converted into a kegerator. You could then mount a tap on the table and run a line to it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

It's not quite that simple. You can't make things cold. You have to remove the heat. Using liquid ammonia, the heat would still change it into a gas then needing a compressor to change it back into a liquid. Just like freon.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Einstein was right---FOR ONCE????? That's quite a claim for an internet keyboard warrior. I'm thinking that despite your alleged expertise in refrigeration, that Einstein was a cut above anyone who posts on AS. Just sayin'

Has anything that Einstein has published regarding physics been proven a fact or is it still a theory that people hold on to, like religion? Just sayin.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

That is not always true.

That's the whole point of the Einstein fridge. No moving parts, no physical compressor.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

He was half left, too...

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
that's one of the perks of living in the czech republic, during the winter, the entire garden is basically one giant fridge

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllKnowing

originally posted by: schuyler
Einstein was right---FOR ONCE????? That's quite a claim for an internet keyboard warrior. I'm thinking that despite your alleged expertise in refrigeration, that Einstein was a cut above anyone who posts on AS. Just sayin'

Has anything that Einstein has published regarding physics been proven a fact or is it still a theory that people hold on to, like religion? Just sayin.

I would think that Einstein's work is generally above reproach and is given such an elevated pedestal because it has not yet been disproven.

Einstein's various papers have all been given the greatest scientific scrutiny and peer review of any scientific works in all history.

If someone had found a loophole or inaccuracy somewhere, the scientific world would resound with cries of "Einstein was wrong".

As it is, each new discovery reinforces the veracity of Einstein's work.

Even when he was wrong (regarding the cosmological constant), he was right!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

You can make any refrigerator or freezer far more efficient just by welding the door shut.

... and packing it in ice.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: Toolman18

That is not always true.

That's the whole point of the Einstein fridge. No moving parts, no physical compressor.

Yes, but it still requires a heat source to essentially replace the function of the compressor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join