It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of atrocities comitted by governments against their people - Let's name them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Joseph Stalin

Joseph Stalin did not mellow with age: He prosecuted a reign of terror, purges, executions, exiles to labor camps and persecution in the postwar USSR, suppressing all dissent and anything that smacked of foreign–especially Western–influence. He established communist governments throughout Eastern Europe, and in 1949 led the Soviets into the nuclear age by exploding an atomic bomb. In 1950, he gave North Korea’s communist leader Kim Il Sung (1912-1994) permission to invade United States-supported South Korea, an event that triggered the Korean War.

Stalin, who grew increasingly paranoid in his later years, died on March 5, 1953, at age 74, after suffering a stroke. His body was embalmed and preserved in Lenin’s mausoleum in Moscow’s Red Square until 1961, when it was removed and buried near the Kremlin walls as part of the de-Stalinization process initiated by Stalin’s successor Nikita Khrushchev (1894-1971).

By some estimates, he was responsible for the deaths of 20 million people during his brutal rule.

Mao Zedong

Conversely, his autocratic totalitarian regime has been vastly condemned for overseeing mass repressions and destruction of religious and cultural artifacts and sites, which through arbitrary executions, purges and forced labor caused an estimated 40 to 70 million deaths, which would rank his tenure as the top incidence of excess mortality in human history.

Hitler

Under Hitler's leadership and racially motivated ideology, the Nazi regime was responsible for the genocide of at least 5.5 million Jews and millions of other victims whom he and his followers deemed Untermenschen (sub-humans) or socially undesirable. Hitler and the Nazi regime were also responsible for the killing of an estimated 19.3 million civilians and prisoners of war. In addition, 29 million soldiers and civilians died as a result of military action in the European theatre. The number of civilians killed during the Second World War was unprecedented in warfare and the casualties constituted the deadliest conflict in human history.

Kim Jong-il

Human rights record
See also: Human rights in North Korea

According to a 2004 Human Rights Watch report, the North Korean government under Kim was "among the world's most repressive governments", having up to 200,000 political prisoners according to U.S. and South Korean officials, with no freedom of the press or religion, political opposition or equal education: "Virtually every aspect of political, social, and economic life is controlled by the government."[57]

Kim's government was accused of "crimes against humanity" for its alleged culpability in creating and prolonging the 1990s famine.

Pol Pot

He took part in orchestrating the Cambodian genocide and presided over a totalitarian dictatorship,[6] in which his government made urban dwellers move to the countryside to work in collective farms and on forced labour projects. The combined effects of executions, strenuous working conditions, malnutrition and poor medical care caused the deaths of approximately 25 percent of the Cambodian population.[7][8][9][10] In all, an estimated 1 to 3 million people (out of a population of slightly over 8 million) perished as a result of the policies of his four-year premiership.

Just some examples of the real thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Was Ruby Ridge an atrocity? The guy was a member of the Aryan Brotherhood and the World Aryan Congress.

Waco was certainly bad if you were a Branch Davidian.

Not sure either of those rank up alongside genocides... If we want to pick some atrocity inflicted by the US government, what about what has been done to Iraq and Afghanistan? Millions dead.

At Ruby Ridge an unarmed 14 yer old was shot in the back and a woman holding a 6 month old baby in her arms was shot between the eyes by an FBI sharp shooter who later got a medal for "Bravery in the line of Duty". How brave do you have to be to shoot an unarmed woman holding a baby in her arms with a sniper rifle?

As for Waco, murdering people in cold blood outside the commune and machine gunning women and children trying to flee a burning building qualifies as as an atrocity to me.
edit on 26-2-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Operation Gladio. Wasn't in US but Europe, with US assistance. False flag terror attacks that killed many people and were done to generate negative press against commies and other undesireables. Horrifyingly interesting.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Let's never forget the genocide brought upon the natives to this land by the European. Killing, raping, slavery, forced changes to their religious beliefs and the outright stealing of there lands.

It's time for the US to give up trying to be a nation of the people and for the people and to give it back to those of us who can call ourselves American Indians.

And let's not forget that the Spanish call themselves conquistadors, they were so proud of the fact that they were conquering entire races while searching for some made-up bullcrud called El Dorado. They were far more hostile than the British and the French ever were.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
How about the (alleged) one where our very ancient history is hidden by the big 5 and a group of scientists is forced to breakaway to further their research and recover our tech... while using the population when asleep to problem solve via shared dreams and occasionally cloning/abducting them?

Pretty egregious, if true.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
John McCain

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Obamacare.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
The annexation of the nation of Hawaii.

They weren't really the government's people before then, but... Good note anyway. Soooo many people don't realize how that went down. It's crazy to think Hawaii had its own kind and everything.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
On 16 March 1988, Iraq dropped bombs containing mustard gas, Sarin and Tabun on the Kurdish city of Halabja. Estimates of the number of civilians killed range from 3,200 to 5,000, with many survivors suffering long-term health problems.

Chemical weapons were also used during Iraq's "Anfal" offensive - a seven-month scorched-earth campaign in which an estimated 50,000 to 100,000 Kurdish villagers were killed or disappeared, and hundreds of villages were razed.

For a guy who, according to democrats never had any WMD's, he sure used them alot...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Well, this is the biggest atrocity that's being committed.

It applies to both sides of the pond.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
So every time anyone brings up the idea that some of these school shootings of Las Vegas could be the act of the government, we are immediately screamed down, mocked, ridiculed, etc and told we are stupid and being ridiculous/moronic. Looking at history there are probably COUNTLESS atrocities comitted by the government on their citizens from massacres to starvation to disease infestations to medical testing. Unfortunately there seems to be no limit to the cruelty that a people's own government will commit against their own citizens if it keeps them in power, bolsters their position, weakens opposition, instills fear in the populace. Whatever name we are called whenever we suggest the possibility of government involvement is really a mirrored comment on the person calling the name as they exhibit those exact traits (and worst) of which they are calling people. I'm sure there is some psychological name for this, but IDK what it is.

So, let's name some events and it doesn't matter what country

Waco - storming Branch Davidian compound
Ruby Ridge - ATF killing family after ATF entrapment sting campaign
Holocaust
October Revolution (Bolshevik's attacking the Czar)
Rawanda Genocide

I'm going to do some research on these and go into more detail. I'd like to make a list of things where an armed populace would have made a difference in the situation as well. I'm sure we can find at least 52 of these incidences and possibly 365 as I have an idea on how to help people understand the reason many people will never relenquish their right to bear arms.

The psychological name for that is "Stockholm Syndrome". Or a new more modernized version of it.

Ironically, this Stockholm Syndrome thing is viral the most in communist countries and dictatorships, or where blatant fascism is being exercised and defended. This is not by accident either. The MSM or "Deep state" run media is the main "Typhoid Mary" of producing the syndrome in it's victims (In America) using CIA/NSA proven methods in linguistic programming techniques. Not being a part of their "collective" is one way of not being affected or compromised. This syndrome has spilled over into both the major political parties, but is much more prevalent in the "Wait for it......." The Democrat party.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I am so glad you mentioned this. What i am going to say now,i say stone cold sober,awake and lucid: I am the type of ghost you want IN the shell rather than out. I still vividly recall what all happened to me as a child. If this whole thing is true,their atrocities went Much further than just to American citizens on American soil.If this is true,i shall know,when this ghost leaves the shell.And i am not going into the light,i am Not reincarnating into fleshly form,anywhere at any time.
I SHALL find the faction(s) responsible and i I shall have all eternity to visit with the ones who deserves a visit from a hungry,righteously enraged ghost.WHOMSOEVER has/have been tormenting me,stealing from me,from my very mind and psyche,using me and mine like a resource,they have ONE chance to right the wrongs they have done.If they get me and my loved ones out of this accursed land before we are brutally,satanically butchered for our skin colour,i shall forgive them. No harm shall befall them when i exit the flesh. This is a bargain i am willing to freely make.If not,they SHALL reap the whirlwind.For all eternity.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
C'mon man. Yes Ruby ridge and Waco were both atrocities, kids died. Shooting a white supremicist is one thing, but shooting/burning kids alive? Yea that falls under atrocity. a reply to: Painterz

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Bikini Atoll.

They nuked the small islands in the south pacific....then moved the natives back under the guise that it was "All Clear" just to see the effects of radiation on a native population. Evil Bastards.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Genghis Khan is thought to have murdered 40 million people of his westward rampage, it is thought that whole areas were re-forested because there were no humans to keep the new growth in check, having been wiped out.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I hope you stay safe, Rax. It's a heavy issue, and full of so many unknowns ... but if abducted and bred like cattle, it's hard to justify it, though I'd bet if any truly horrible things were done, then it's a bet it was the Earthly factions, as the breakaways seem more benevolent, otherwise we would never have heard of it.

edit on 2/27/2018 by Baddogma because: typo fixo

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Much of Britain was exposed to bacteria sprayed in secret trials

The Ministry of Defence turned large parts of the country into a giant laboratory to conduct a series of secret germ warfare tests on the public. A government report just released provides for the first time a comprehensive official history of Britain's biological weapons trials between 1940 and 1979. Many of these tests involved releasing potentially dangerous chemicals and micro-organisms over vast swaths of the population without the public being told. While details of some secret trials have emerged in recent years, the 60-page report reveals new information about more than 100 covert experiments.

..In another trial using zinc cadmium sulphide, a generator was towed along a road near Frome in Somerset where it spewed the chemical for an hour....

...In another chapter, 'Large Area Coverage Trials', the MoD describes how between 1961 and 1968 more than a million people along the south coast of England, from Torquay to the New Forest, were exposed to bacteria including e.coli and bacillus globigii , which mimics anthrax. These releases came from a military ship, the Icewhale, anchored off the Dorset coast, which sprayed the micro-organisms in a five to 10-mile radius.

Source : The Guardian UK

Fortunately the same government that conducted the tests reassured us all

In recent years, the MoD has commissioned two scientists to review the safety of these tests. Both reported that there was no risk to public health

And just to leave us keeping calm and carrying on..

Sue Ellison, spokeswoman for Porton Down, said: 'Independent reports by eminent scientists have shown there was no danger to public health........

Asked whether such tests are still being carried out, she said: 'It is not our policy to discuss ongoing research.'

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Wrong, the British government did not deliberately let the potato famine happen.
edit on 28-2-2018 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join