It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did CNN do this on purpose or are they just LITERALLY stupid?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I think its a reading incomprehension issue on your part, caused by being way to triggered by anything that's no pro-Trump...

She says well most Americans watch the Academy awards on 'Sunday' (note- not inferring 'this' Sunday)... Then goes on to report how the 'annual Governors Dinner' will be held on Sunday evening (as in this Sunday).

Honestly dude, I think you should just stick to Fox news from now on... For the sake of your own mental health.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
this white house dinner was yesterday or seven days before the academy awards, the wrong sunday.

the whole first part of the article is wrong.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The writer of article clearly thought the two events where on the same day.

(CNN)While many Americans watch the Academy Awards on Sunday, governors of the United States will be reveling in a different kind of glamor -- in person, at the White House.

And clearly missed that the governors dinner was yesterday.

Obviously an incompetent employee of CNN wrote about something they had no idea about.
edit on 26-2-2018 by Ursushorribilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

LOL...now THAT is some convoluted reasoning. Your 2nd paragraph makes no sense whatsoever.

Feb. 25th (last night) the Governor's Dinner was held in the East wing.

The Oscars are next week, Mar. 4th.

The writer thinks/thought they are on the same Sunday evening. You can't confuse this one, sir/madam/ms

edit on 26-2-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thanks to the helpers in this thread. I would never have caught the error! Mainly because I have less than zero interest in the Oscars. As far as I am concerned, it's a bunch of people who make far too much money playing pretend as adults, slapping each other on the back for being the best at playing pretend.

I'd rather watch golf... or burn my eyeballs out with a propane torch... same difference.

I do have a follow-up question for the OP: Does anyone even expect CNN to say something correct any more?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

well personally i had to think before looking up the date of the academy awards because i never watched it before or even paid attention to it, ever.
edit on 26-2-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

HOW DARE YOU question CNN! Clearly you must be an Racist, Nazi, Fascist. and a Russian Troll
There fixed it for ya .

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Does anyone even expect CNN to say something correct any more?

Nope.

If they can't get something as simple as date coordination right, do we really expect them to get the Big Stuff right?

Your fellow moderator spoiled the fun in the "game" of following clues and unraveling the answer on one's own! The rest of the team indicated they had the answer, but didn't give it away "out loud".

Thanks for playing.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So CNN got the wrong dates and failed to fact check their reporting. Here's my SHOCKED face.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

well personally i had to think before looking up the date of the academy awards because i never watched it before or even paid attention to it, ever.

But if you were writing an article about it you would probably verify your information. Right?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I think its a reading incomprehension issue on your part, caused by being way to triggered by anything that's no pro-Trump...

She says well most Americans watch the Academy awards on 'Sunday' (note- not inferring 'this' Sunday)... Then goes on to report how the 'annual Governors Dinner' will be held on Sunday evening (as in this Sunday).

Honestly dude, I think you should just stick to Fox news from now on... For the sake of your own mental health.

The reporter says while, not well (which makes no sense anyway).

while
noun
a period of time.
"we chatted for a while"
synonyms: time, spell, stretch, stint, span, interval, period; More
at the same time; meanwhile.
"he starts to draw, talking the while"
conjunction
during the time that; at the same time as.
"nothing much changed while he was away"
synonyms: during the time that, when, as; whilst
"while we waited, the weather only worsened"

Might be a good idea to check your, ahem, "incomprehension".

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Its simply an opinion piece, which was obviously written on Sunday, yet didn't get posted til today... she doesn't go into great detail to the Sundays she's referring to... big deal... maybe she just didn't realize fox news watchers would be reading it and assumed her readers would have the intelligence to know what she was referring to, without supplying exact dates.

... Either way, I don't see how this is some big conspiracy... Some attempt to manipulate the American people, lol... get a grip.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Oh no, Subaeruginosa, this is YUGE! I don’t how we are going to survive this, to be honest.
Give your kids a big hug and a kiss - it won’t be long now.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Okay. That pretzel is getting even more twisted as you speak.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No one is talking about a conspiracy. The only thing being discussed is the incompetence of CNN which is on full display with this story that they have run. Not only does it show the incompetence of the writer but of the editor as well. Do you have anything to comment on regarding CNN getting basic facts incorrect?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Oh no, Subaeruginosa, this is YUGE! I don’t how we are going to survive this, to be honest.

Not huge or earth shattering but it does show the level of incompetence at CNN.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I didn't claim it was huuuge, luv. Just another bit of sloppy reporting in the day of a CNN "reporting monitor". That person probably stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Thanks to the helpers in this thread. I would never have caught the error! Mainly because I have less than zero interest in the Oscars. As far as I am concerned, it's a bunch of people who make far too much money playing pretend as adults, slapping each other on the back for being the best at playing pretend.

I'd rather watch golf... or burn my eyeballs out with a propane torch... same difference.

I do have a follow-up question for the OP: Does anyone even expect CNN to say something correct any more?

TheRedneck

People pay to see movies, or they don't. That and performing artists are best example of free enterprise there is....no point begrudging that.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargamel

Not huge or earth shattering but it does show the level of incompetence at CNN.

HUGE level of incompetence. I mean, the Oscars and the Governor’s ball? Biggest story of the century. Come on.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Without reading one word of the OP I am going with yes they are that stupid.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join