It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump :: Super Hero

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Trump intervened in a mugging and stopped it, unarmed, in 1991. Guy was beating another guy with a baseball bat when trump stepped in. Now, that's still different than an active shooter situation, but according to this article Trump carries a gun. So if I had to bet my life on the police officer that sat outside or trump, I'd take trump.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I heard that story last year and noticed that it's very debatable.

It's one of those where if you love the guy it's true and if you don't it's probably BS. Same as the reported sex offences and his ex-wife saying he raped her.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I don't see how it is debatable...
Here is the original news paper it appeared in. On page 32.
edit on 27-2-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

So it isn't debatable he raped his ex wife if that was in a paper by your reasoning.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Well, sure if you're going to leave context out of it and the fact that it was also in the news paper that she came out and said he didn't.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I don't see how it is debatable...
Here is the original news paper it appeared in. On page 32.

Did you read the link I posted? Different stories. For me, if we're taking that one as fact, we should be taking the rapey, molester ones as fact too.

Instead, I'll reserve judgement and regard them all as 'alleged' or 'sources say.' That way personal opinion doesn't dictate what I believe about the guy. To be honest, I don't like or respect him, but extend the same opinion to other politicians and reality TV stars.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Actually they're the same story, just yours is slanted because it was posted in 2016 by an extremely liberal site.

ETA:
My philosophy is to disregard everything that is said during a campaign, it's the ultimate slander time.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Actually they're the same story, just yours is slanted because it was posted in 2016 by an extremely liberal site.

Read your link again. One says Donald stopped it. One says the guy fled before Donald turned up. Donald said he stopped the guy. Another said a crowd formed and began murmuring 'There's Trump."

That last bit sounds like BS to me. Still, which part of your linked story is the truth? They can't all be true. Hence my point that I won't pick a version that suits me just because I love or hate the guy. You should try it for a day because politicians aren't here to save you.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

The way people think Trump is their Messiah is scary tbh. But he was right he could shoot someone and still they would make excuses for him.
When the penny drops I fear for some on here.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

The way people think Trump is their Messiah is scary tbh. But he was right he could shoot someone and still they would make excuses for him.
When the penny drops I fear for some on here.

Every so often someone makes a post about him that makes me laugh my ass off. Middle aged adults describing a celebrity politician like teenage kids do with their idols.

He's a slick politician who couldn't give two #s for anyone...but loves the adoration.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I've read it (multiple times) and I understand psychology and perspective. It's actually quite possible that all of those people are relaying what they saw, with no pruposeful inconsistency. The way I see it, the intangibles say it's true. First a witness describes nearly the exact same thing that trump describes. Second, conflicting view points can easily be explained away. (ie. watching the mugging, sees the mugger run off, moments later notices trump standing in the door of his limo, brain fills in the gaps that he just arrived, mugger fled on his own, etc.) Third, Trump didn't seek out the press to say what he did. Fourth, Media tracked trump down meaning they heard he was there from witnesses. Fifth, the author of the article has credibility (James Rosen).

Am I 100% certain it's true? No. But I have no reason to doubt that it is.

I'm not picking a version based on anything other than what I see and my knowledge and experience. On the other hand you seem to be taking a single contradictory witness and saying. "well, can't believe anything now" despite all of the other available evidence. That's a tall standard in which you can disqualify anything and everything.

ETA: here's a good link on eye witness testimony and memory error's. LINK

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

It's funny, in my experience very few people view him as a messiah of any kind. They tend to like to troll people into thinking they view him this way, though. It's a trolling version of how many people truly believed obama was a messiah (Looking at you, barbara walters).

Personally I think trump has probably done some terrible things in his life, what they are specifically, IDK. But you don't get where he is at without smashing some toes and abusing your status. Consequently, this is why his supporters are so hard for the media to break from him. None of them expects trump to have been perfect. It is his imperfection that makes him appeal to people who are sick of washington politics. Pointing out his imperfections, especially petty ones like what he eats or how many scoops of ice cream he has or his appearance, only galvanizes his supporters.

Look at what hollywood does to people, it's undeniable that most of them are warped by their power and influence. Most of them greatly overestimate their intelligence, how much they're loved, their worth to the masses, etc. But Trump is a shock to a system that was way too complacent and self serving. He is shaking things up and while I may disagree with some of it, it's that rogue flair that is doing the shaking.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

No he isn't he is the same as them all in it for himself but do continue idolising him.
Oh and don't pretend that you do not you are one of his main cheerleaders Ra Ra Ra Trump!.
ATS used to against all of these self serving twits what happened?.
edit on 27-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: Black_Fox

Sad to see some people have so much irrational hatred against the POTUS. Even just doing his job is looked at with disdain.

You don't have to like someone which is fine but to constantly attack the same person over and over to validate your dislike of someone is crossing the line.

THE HATRED OF TRUMP HAS BECOME PSYCHOTIC!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

The idolisation of him is worse.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Not as bad as the vile hatred of Trump.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Keep on sucking up to those who do not give a crap about you.
I wonder do you kiss a picture of his arse before bed?.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

No, but I don't spread hate on Trump via social media like you. Sad. Pathetic!

edit on 27-2-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'd hope any grown man would run into a school to tackle a shooter to stop children being slaughtered...

.. why are we ridiculing the President because he believes he would, too?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Prime example of an over inflated narcissistic ego! When I heard this I threw up in my mouth a little. Seriously the man is sooooo full of himself.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join