It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland mayor warns of impending ICE raid, ramping up sanctuary-city tension

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Thats blatantly illegal. We should just do what ever the hell we want I guess.

OK. When in their city do what you will...

edit on 2 26 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is how Civil wars start

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Oakland, whose thriving African American community for decades shaped black identity for the nation, lost nearly a quarter of its black population in the past decade, U.S. Census data shows.

sfgate

eastbaytimes

OAKLAND — Beneath a freeway in West Oakland, three dozen tents and makeshift wooden shacks are spread out over the sidewalks at Sixth and Brush streets. There are mattresses, broken bicycles, overflowing shopping carts and piles of garbage, some of it illegally dumped. Motorists waiting at the signal light peer out from behind rolled-up windows at a scene some have compared to a refugee camp. A homeless encampment has been at the same location off and on since at least October 2014.

I wonder if they still speak ebonics officially there? nope Perhaps that was a bad choice to make that language official

Perhaps they should thank iced cubes and snoopy dog for their lack of american culture. As they railed on about whitey cracker they slowly lost their homeland to an occupying force.

edit on 27-2-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: sstyles15
a reply to: Xcathdra

it's his first year, give it time...
Also, did you know that Mexico deported more illegals than the US in 2017?

Surprisingly I did know that. I also know Mexico's immigration laws are far more draconian than the United States immigration laws.
Yeah, that's why it's dishonest when Mexicans or liberals say it's racist to enforce our laws. The way I began to change my mind on immigration enforcement was living in Asia and finding out China is very harsh with undocumented people including Europeans or Americans. They deport people and fine everyone involved all the time.
edit on 27-2-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

By my definition it certainly is.

Wow.

So the illegals in Oakland are more important, or at least as, the legals who pay their taxes and are actually law abiding. Interesting.

An up and comer in the Democratic party.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
But why is this a bad thing?

Don't most of us want more local authority and more states rights? Less federal interference?

If you don't like one states or cities leanings then move to one that's a more in line with your personal beliefs.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I did not know that. That's... Actually it can't mean anything good, to my mind.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Why is it a bad thing...?

She is aiding and abetting criminal activity. It really is that simple.

This has nothing, not one single thing, to do with local or state autonomy.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Don't most of us want more local authority and more states rights? Less federal interference?

If you don't like one states or cities leanings then move to one that's a more in line with your personal beliefs.

The "states rights" angle is invalid. Immigration is reserved to the federal government. States have no say in it in the manner they are pushing.

As Seagull pointed out, and as the statute I linked to some pages back say, what they are doing is in violation of federal law.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It is sad to see that blacks are being force out into the streets to make way for a new crop of illegal voters.

I have not been there too see but from what i am hearing these camps are many and filled with 10s of thousands of blacks that were too poor to move to the suburbs.

Now the mayors are trying to make sure they get reelected cause they changed the voting block into illegal immigrants.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: amazing

Why is it a bad thing...?

She is aiding and abetting criminal activity. It really is that simple.

This has nothing, not one single thing, to do with local or state autonomy.

Yes it does. It's like Marijuana law. To the Feds it's illegal but to many states like Nevada it's legal. So technically everyone in Nevada that does it legally is breaking the law.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The "states rights" angle is invalid. Immigration is reserved to the federal government. States have no say in it in the manner they are pushing.

As Seagull pointed out, and as the statute I linked to some pages back say, what they are doing is in violation of federal law.

I think this Sanctuary state thing is the same as the Marijuana laws in many states. MJ is still illegal federally.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was expecting to see a lot of people on this thread who have been so vocal on ATS about obstruction of justice. Maybe they'll turn up later?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I think this Sanctuary state thing is the same as the Marijuana laws in many states. MJ is still illegal federally.

mj laws seem like federal overreach and muddy up many other issues

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: sstyles15

it's his first year, give it time...
Also, did you know that Mexico deported more illegals than the US in 2017?

Surprisingly I did know that. I also know Mexico's immigration laws are far more draconian than the United States immigration laws.
Yeah, that's why it's dishonest when Mexicans or liberals say it's racist to enforce our laws. The way I began to change my mind on immigration enforcement was living in Asia and finding out China is very harsh with undocumented people including Europeans or Americans. They deport people and fine everyone involved all the time.

Oh yeah, I see the cops checking ID's all the time.

I got no problem with them doing that.

At the Manila airport customs desks they have a sign that says if you are caught at a political demonstration you be arrested and deported, if not a citizen.

I figured it was prudent not to take a nice picture of it.

Fox did a ride along with ICE in Oakland, 100 arrested.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In California where illegal immigrants can legally get a driver's license, live in a sanctuary state, with benefits etc. State and local law enforcement are often prohibited from asking anyone about their immigration status, or whether or not they are an American citizen etc.

This news item seems rather trivial

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Again not really. Immigration is no where near the purview of the states. It is solely a federal issue. While the CSA was never intended to usurp states authority over its medical environment there is no equivalent valid state law with regards to immigration. Sanctuary status violates federal law.
edit on 27-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
In California where illegal immigrants can legally get a driver's license, live in a sanctuary state, with benefits etc. State and local law enforcement are often prohibited from asking anyone about their immigration status, or whether or not they are an American citizen etc.

This news item seems rather trivial

It means cities like San Francisco can no longer play the time game with illegals in their custody and when they decide to notify ICE. They were giving ICE a 15 minutes head up before they released illegals. Since ICE agents had a 60 mile drive they could not reach the jail in time before they were released. Since that is no longer a problem Sheriff's can no longer play that game. They will be required to hold - period.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Last report I seen I think was in July over 900,000 illegals had driver's licenses in California, and that number was growing fast.

California is a lost cause.

Wall it off from the rest of the country and let it die.

Imo

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Last report I seen I think was in July over 900,000 illegals had driver's licenses in California, and that number was growing fast.

California is a lost cause.

Wall it off from the rest of the country and let it die.

Imo

eff that. California is a US state and will remain so and as such deserves to be defended against all enemies - foreign and domestic. The politicians in California are going to go one bridge to far and will get a slap back from the population. The Democratic party in California is already seeing its last days. They just decided not to endorse Dianne Feinstein in her re-election campaign in 2018. Pelosi is already being abandoned by Democrats in DC.

The other push I have seen splits California up into 2 states. This push is coming from people who are sick of their tax dollars going to illegal immigrants and welfare. They want to leave the coastal counties that run from San Francisco south to San Diego as their own country. They remaining parts of the state would become New California. "Old California" would come to a crashing halt since they would no longer have the taxes to support their current agenda.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join