It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

74 percent of millennials to be obese or overweight by 40

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

It's all the sugar and processed foods.

Tons of empty calories in everything. We consume so much hidden sugar it's sort of crazy.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
well you are not allowed to mention someone is fat anymore, the left think it hurts their feelings.
chicks revel in BBW.
im a big guy lol, but i work out everyday, used to be a bouncer. but i just changed up my diet much stricter to finally shred down.

80% of my friends do not work out. i warn everyone men lose 1/3rd a pound of muscle per year, and women much more drastic.

but mtv tells them fat chicks are in and beautiful. giant asses are the new cool thing to have. the girls on ig with the pumped bodies do not help.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
I honestly think the trend this shows is not so much with exercise, although I won't say that some of the 74% may need more of it. I think it shows what processed and food fillers are doing to the human body. We live in one of the worst food markets as far as additives and unnatural elements going into food products in the world here in the US. I doubt very much any other countries, especially ones with more natural foods, have such staggeringly poor numbers in this area.

Just my 2 cents.

That's true. I lived in Norway, and people there didn't touch Coca-Cola or any other fizzy drinks, except for Farris, which is a carbonated soda water. They mostly ate fish, or pork products from Sweden. Maybe a burger from one of the restaurants for a special event. Crisps were there in party sizes, not snack packs. They have fitness centers for every block, design their cities to be walkable, and everyone is sports active. Consequently, they don't have these health problems. Everyone who I saw walking down the soft drinks aisle and buying soft drinks were the ones that were overweight.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

It's insulin resistance. They'll all become diabetic and hypertensive soon. A ketogenic diet coupled with intermittent fasting is the most efficient way to reverse the problem, but it requires discipline...

I'm not obese- and somehow, I've ended up with diabetes. I blame diet and lots of stress. Although... my diet wasn't all that bad, and still isn't- but the stress... *whistles*

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Remember when the ATS userbase called out propaganda for being propaganda and didn't just blindly believe it because it came from an alternative news source? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I'm really hung up on that 74% statistic that is quoted but has no supporting studies or evidence in the RT piece to back it up. Obesity may be on the rise, but that doesn't excuse RT from lying about its threat.

It's part of the "blame the Millennials for everything" propaganda

Lol. Yep.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well that's in line with the obesity rates of those in their 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s right now then. Nothing unusual about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Damn, all this talk about food is makin me hungry...

edit on 26-2-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Be that as it may, OP, I see plenty of overweight & morbidly obese Boomers & elderly, too. Evidently the Boomers saw the food boom back in the day, and passed the gluttony on to the offspring.

To be fair, it's worse in some regions than in others. The south is capital F fat, we know this. It wouldn't be a stretch to assume the bulk of that 74% percentage is going to be southerners. I saw many more obese folks down in FL than I do here in MI. To put it politely, there's a yoga pants, skinny jeans & jeggings love up here and by all means girls, don't stop, you're giving the hubby & me some damn fine eye candy to ogle. These are some fit millenials 'round these parts

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Be that as it may, OP, I see plenty of overweight & morbidly obese Boomers & elderly, too. Evidently the Boomers saw the food boom back in the day, and passed the gluttony on to the offspring.

To be fair, it's worse in some regions than in others. The south is capital F fat, we know this. It wouldn't be a stretch to assume the bulk of that 74% percentage is going to be southerners. I saw many more obese folks down in FL than I do here in MI. To put it politely, there's a yoga pants, skinny jeans & jeggings love up here and by all means girls, don't stop, you're giving the hubby & me some damn fine eye candy to ogle. These are some fit millenials 'round these parts

This is definitely not a millennial-specific problem. But I have to say that I don't see a lot of morbidly obese elderly people... because most morbidly obese people die before they become elderly.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Cant remember if I actually heard this and if so from who but I swore I heard that this generation is expected to die before their parents?

No?

Wishful thinking on Malcontents part?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

But is it 74% of that generation?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
We should genetically make a nasty beast to hunt the fat. They will either get fit running from the beast or get eaten.
Am I the only person who thinks this big is beautiful BS is wrong? It is not okay to be obese and people who are should be told so and given the help they need.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: eXia7
Can't lose weight living in your mom's basement.

I fall into the classification of millennial, but I'm not over weight, and everything else about me is opposite of my peers.

So you're saying you're actually special? That seems very millennial of you.

Nah, what I'm saying is, it's ignorant to paint every "millennial" with a broad brush.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Does opening a new tab count as exercise?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Count me as one of them!

I'm obese, baby!

Somehow I'm still able to bicycle 40 miles on the weekend and 20 miles during the week.

Maybe we should change the standard?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Sorry but that's ridiculous. By 2015, the average global life expectancy was around 68yrs for males and 72yrs for females (HERE). Even if every single parent of "Millenials" had all of their children at the age of 18, the Millenials' average life expectancy would have to decline to 50yrs or lower for males and 64 years or lower for females for that generation to die out before their parents' generation. But life expectancy rates are still increasing globally, not decreasing.
edit on 26-2-2018 by enlightenedservant because: "global life expectancy" not "globally life expectancy"

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

It is the food. Just regular everyday food has changed. I don't even recognize some of this stuff anymore. I had "wild" salmon the other day, it was nothing like the wild salmon I remember. It was not a farmed salmon. I think the only hope is growing our own foods again, stop all the pesticides, herbicides and get back to getting fresh air.

Someone said this was about sugar. I remember in the 70's and 80's we all ate tons and tons of sugar and we were all skinny. We also ate bacon, french fries fried in beef tallow and all kinds of other supposedly unhealthy foods. Go visit other places in the world and pig out and you'll lose weight. We are being poisoned.

We like to blame everyone on millennials, but trust me, this one isn't on them, this started before many of them were born.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Stop fat shaming!

How dare you!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I like RT half of the time. But this crap feels like it's made more for domestic consumption than anything. Kind of like one of those articles that declares how backwards Iran or some other country is, all just to make our readers feel like we're superior to that country or to reinforce our existing biases about that country.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Hey man, how else are people going to sell supplements if you come in here and just squash the fear mongering.

www.webmd.com...

www.nejm.org...

education.azgovernor.gov...

www.bbc.com...

Someone has been painting a narrative, for what or why IDK.

Seems its morphing into might not have as long as life span narrative.

I knew I had it fed to me somewhere.

Fear is interesting.

edit on 26-2-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join