It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't gun makers jump on the left's bandwagon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Because that's not how you play the long game. If the left gets it's way, there will actually be a gun ban, and the short term profits won't cover the profits lost for future years.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: JustaBill

But not much was said after that shooter shot up the Republican softball practice. Hmm...

Agreed!! Since you bring that particular event up, I recall on social media, MSM, and even some of our very own members of ATS actually cheering and saying they got what they deserved. I can't say I have ever seen anyone on ATS cheering for a school shooting.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill

But not much was said after that shooter shot up the Republican softball practice. Hmm...

Agreed!! Since you bring that particular event up, I recall on social media, MSM, and even some of our very own members of ATS actually cheering and saying they got what they deserved. I can't say I have ever seen anyone on ATS cheering for a school shooting.

Oh I'm sure there's a few members who hope there's a shooting at the school where some GOP congressmen's kids go, or Dana Loesch's kids. There's been plenty of that on social media recently.

Funny how they always say "if it happened to them..." too, yet Scalise hasn't changed his position on the 2nd. They write that off as just the gun lobby pays him enough, but that doesn't explain how even some of the parents at these schools don't change their position either. Unless they're all on the NRA's payroll.
edit on 26 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Oh I'm sure there's a few members who hope there's a shooting at the school where some GOP congressmen's kids go, or Dana Loesch's kids. There's been plenty of that on social media recently.

Funny how they always say "if it happened to them..." too, yet Scalise hasn't changed his position on the 2nd. They write that off as just the gun lobby pays him enough, but that doesn't explain how even some of the parents at these schools don't change their position either. Unless they're all on the NRA's payroll.

I honestly hope and pray none of our members would want that or hope for it to happen.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 2/26/2018 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

lmao

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I honestly hope and pray none of our members would want that or hope for it to happen.

Only the vile left wishes that upon fellow Americans, just look at their twitter feeds, they are horrible people and uneducated to boot

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: network dude

It's sad how wrapped up in your political addiction to see that, perhaps those Right wing propoganda and media might base their fears on real things. But if you just want to ignore facts, and pretend you occupy the moral high ground, as usual, go nuts sister.

Who said anything about moral high ground? Are you making things up again?

I'm not believing anything the media says, especially the sort of garbage you linked to, or the Right Wing propaganda machine and I will continue to exercise my right while you, the rest of the Right and the Left bicker over stupid #.

Both sides are playing in to the fear that it is designed to invoke. One side fears the Left is going to take our guns away and the other is afraid a Right Wing boogeyman with a gun is going to kill us all.

I have full faith that my 2nd amendment right will remain intact, despite the masses of people knee-jerking.[/quote

Both sides are playing in to the fear that it is designed to invoke. One side fears the Left is going to take our guns away

Because that is their intention, they have all said so, look at what they are doing to our 1st Ammendment. You don't agree with me, well, your a racist, sexist, fill in the blank. They close down their UNiversity when a conversative comes to give a speech, because they are offended by truth, facts. Who the _uck had ever heard of a safe space before these punk ass, soft millenials? Why can't you debate your point, but these lil sissies can't when they hear a dissenting point of view. These parents have done such a poor job in raising their kids, they want to be, "friends" with their kids instead of being a damn parent, we have a entire generation of kids who have no respect for authority, because they've never been shown it in the house. So, they think it is ok to yell, shout profanities at their elders, teachers, police, whomever.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's sad how wrapped up in your political addiction to see that, perhaps those Right wing propoganda and media might base their fears on real things. But if you just want to ignore facts, and pretend you occupy the moral high ground, as usual, go nuts sister.

Who said anything about moral high ground? Are you making things up again?

I'm not believing anything the media says, especially the sort of garbage you linked to, or the Right Wing propaganda machine and I will continue to exercise my right while you, the rest of the Right and the Left bicker over stupid #.

Both sides are playing in to the fear that it is designed to invoke. One side fears the Left is going to take our guns away and the other is afraid a Right Wing boogeyman with a gun is going to kill us all.

I have full faith that my 2nd amendment right will remain intact, despite the masses of people knee-jerking.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

what?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Exactly!

This is also why it's stupid to believe in these conspiracy theories that the left is "false flagging" or getting "crisis actors" in order to ban guns. Who in their right mind would perpetrate something like that after seeing over and over that it does nothing but sell more guns?! In fact, the conspiracy aspect being spread around is why they sell more guns.

I don't believe any of these shootings are faked or manufactured but, if they were, shouldn't we follow the money? Money says NRA is staging them.

Actually the media makes the most revenue off these shootings...

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Abysha

Exactly!

This is also why it's stupid to believe in these conspiracy theories that the left is "false flagging" or getting "crisis actors" in order to ban guns. Who in their right mind would perpetrate something like that after seeing over and over that it does nothing but sell more guns?! In fact, the conspiracy aspect being spread around is why they sell more guns.

I don't believe any of these shootings are faked or manufactured but, if they were, shouldn't we follow the money? Money says NRA is staging them.

Actually the media makes the most revenue off these shootings...

Baseless!

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blond Who comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die Give us dirty laundry
Can we film the operation? Is the head dead yet?
You know, the boys in the newsroom got a running bet
Get the widow on the set! We need dirty laundry

-Don Henley Eagles, Dirty Laundry
edit on 27-2-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Anybody that buys a gun that they believe will be banned is kind of an idiot.
Why drop hundreds of dollars on something you will not be able to use or will eventually have to turn in to officials?

1. Grandfathering. There are way too many AR15 to even try to round up. Existing one are likely to be grandfathered like past bans and current magazine bans in some states. It's likely that new restrictions would only affect future purchases.

2. Investment. A couple months ago I purchased a small supply of third-mode triggers. They have since doubled in value and nobody is even mentioning them much. But if bump stocks are banned, depending on the language of the bill, other "devices" might be as well.

3. Protest. There are a lot of folks that want something just because it might be banned. Bump stacks (again) are a good example of this. Most will agree that they are more of a "novelty" because of the reduction in accuracy, but demand keeps going up.

4. Fear of tyranny/civil war. An outright ban on semi-automatics or even modern sporting rifles could possibly trigger widespread civil unrest, if not civil war. If that happens, many feel the advantage of owning a banned weapon is even more critical.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

I agree with everything you said, although I don't think many people would be up for a civil war. We just have it too damn good.
edit on 27 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join