It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't gun makers jump on the left's bandwagon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: face23785

A simple "no" would have been sufficient.

You didn't really think there'd be a study that shows people who are more informed about guns and gun laws tend to be more pro-gun did you? No source that you would accept would ever do such a study.

But "do you have data to support this" is a good cop out when you really have no response. Well-played.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

a relevant question would be, "What does a scientist do when there is no data available for a given subject?"

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You didn't really think there'd be a study that shows people who are more informed about guns and gun laws tend to be more pro-gun did you?

I didn't know and that is why I asked. If I had known your comments were purely based on a logical fallacy, I would not have even asked.

No source that you would accept would ever do such a study.

What sources would I accept and why would they never do such a study?

But "do you have data to support this" is a good cop out when you really have no response. Well-played.

I merely asked a question to see how you came to such a conclusion. Asking questions is just one way in which people can educate themselves. Considering the context of this discussion, I would think you would be open to such things.

But it's good to know that you were just talking out of your ass, as I had suspected. Considering your response, it appears you continue to do so.
edit on 26-2-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Why don't gun makers jump on the left's bandwagon?

Because their crazy train is already full?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: network dude

Anybody that buys a gun that they believe will be banned is kind of an idiot.
Why drop hundreds of dollars on something you will not be able to use or will eventually have to turn in to officials?

Simple they don't plan to turn them in.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a relevant question would be, "What does a scientist do when there is no data available for a given subject?"

Submit a proposal for a grant to study it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Aka Sean hannity told you so...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Start gathering information to study it..

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They always get grandfathered in.. then their value quadruples since that becomes a finite supply.

People take them more seriously and treat them as collectibles..

They lock them up and are loath to sell them.

I honestly think that’s the long term fix and that about 90% of our problem is people have no respect for them. They treat them like candy wrappers and leave them lying ard sell them to anyone because they can always just buy another..

We already have 3 per person in circulation. At what point does it get gratuitous and counterproductive?

6 per person?? 10 per person?? 50 per person??

All along there should have been a registry , testing and qualifying every few years..

Hell have all testing and such be subsidized to ensure access l..

The only reason we haven’t been doing stuff kinda similar is all the right wing “ but we need to be able to kill US soldiers when they come for us”..

I almost think all the bad logic like “they are comming to get your guns” , guns don’t kill people, people kill people”, exc are specifically so liberals will argue with them , which then they take as “proof they are gonna do those things..

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
There are millions of ARs in the US. A call by the left to confiscate it would literally equate to a decoration of war.

Funny. That is what many people use the AR for.

Decoration.

And a confiscation will never happen. Talk of such a thing is used to get people worked-up, brings donations in to the NRA and drives firearms sales up.

It's happened many times over the years. People run to buy firearms at stupidly high prices because they actually fear what Right Wing propaganda and the media tells them.

Suckers are good for business and business is good.

It's sad how wrapped up in your political addiction to see that, perhaps those Right wing propoganda and media might base their fears on real things. But if you just want to ignore facts, and pretend you occupy the moral high ground, as usual, go nuts sister.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You didn't really think there'd be a study that shows people who are more informed about guns and gun laws tend to be more pro-gun did you?

I didn't know and that is why I asked. If I had known your comments were purely based on a logical fallacy, I would not have even asked.

No source that you would accept would ever do such a study.

What sources would I accept and why would they never do such a study?

I merely asked a question to see how you came to such a conclusion. Asking questions is just one way in which people can educate themselves. Considering the context of this discussion, I would think you would be open to such things.

But it's good to know that you were just talking out of your ass, as I had suspected. Considering your response, it appears you continue to do so.

Edit: I originally wrote a long, hostile reply to this, but ya know what this issue is important to solve so I'll give you an olive branch. If you want to go back to my original reply and instead of writing it off because it was more than "no" and instead ask an engaging question, like if I can give an example where someone had a misconception on a gun issue and changed their mind when presented further information, I'm more than willing to have a real discussion. If you want to just come back with more argument for the sake of argument, I have better things to do. Your reply didn't look like you really wanted discussion, but I could be wrong. We'll see.
edit on 26 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Aka Sean hannity told you so...

I actually don't watch or listen to Hannity, but I realize making # up is a lot easier than getting informed.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Depends on said scientist's motivations. Given most of academia is liberals and liberal tend to be pro-gun-control, I doubt you'd get an honest study on that subject anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

But why are they liberals????

Because of some super secret illuminati plot??

Or because they disagree with conservatism because it is all built on logical fallacies you learn in ANY debate class???

For one.. allowing the right wing to tell you what the left wing wants to do..

Because only the ridiculous illuminati plot would invalidate their opinions..

If they are not being paid off to lie, then it is experts giving expert opinions..
edit on 26-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's sad how wrapped up in your political addiction to see that, perhaps those Right wing propoganda and media might base their fears on real things. But if you just want to ignore facts, and pretend you occupy the moral high ground, as usual, go nuts sister.

Who said anything about moral high ground? Are you making things up again?

I'm not believing anything the media says, especially the sort of garbage you linked to, or the Right Wing propaganda machine and I will continue to exercise my right while you, the rest of the Right and the Left bicker over stupid #.

Both sides are playing in to the fear that it is designed to invoke. One side fears the Left is going to take our guns away and the other is afraid a Right Wing boogeyman with a gun is going to kill us all.

I have full faith that my 2nd amendment right will remain intact, despite the masses of people knee-jerking.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

But why are they liberals????

Because of some super secret illuminati plot??

Or because they disagree with conservatism because it is all built on logical fallacies you learn in ANY debate class???

For one.. allowing the right wing to tell you what the left wing wants to do..

Because only the ridiculous illuminati plot would invalidate their opinions..

If they are not being paid off to lie, then it is experts giving expert opinions..

Care to formulate an actual response and not just make # up?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The reason I replied with the "no" comment was because I did not want to argue for arguments sake. I am more than willing to have a discussion on the issue, but we cannot do so if it is based on or reliant upon logical fallacies.

I could easily say that my experiences show the opposite of what you have experienced. We would have no way of knowing who is correct, unless we have some corroborating statistics. Without that, we would just end up in an illogical, circular argument that does not produce any productive results.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
so you are a bi-partisan member now? LOL!

I'm sorry for linking to the incredible conservative outlet the Washington Post. Just another right wing propaganda machine.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Nobody, I mean NOBODY is talking about gun control. It's a common myth that when school shooting occur, some people think it's an opportune time to go for the gunz. I don't know who made up such nonsense, but they should be ashamed.
They probably work for that damn liberal outlet Fox News.

you got me this time. But I'll be back, with my strong conservative CNN friends to help me fight!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

What logical fallacy was presented?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I agree. It is also "suspicious" that the Right in general tend to care about firearms or exercising their constitutional right after a shooting. We see that in the huge increase in firearm and ammo sales after these incidents take place. If they truly felt so strongly about this issue why does it take a mass shooting to bring in to the forefront again?

Did you consider the increase may not be a result of the shooting, but more of a reaction to the "banning" talk?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join