It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't gun makers jump on the left's bandwagon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: joemoe
There are millions of ARs in the US. A call by the left to confiscate it would literally equate to a decoration of war.

Funny. That is what many people use the AR for.

Decoration.

And a confiscation will never happen. Talk of such a thing is used to get people worked-up, brings donations in to the NRA and drives firearms sales up.

It's happened many times over the years. People run to buy firearms at stupidly high prices because they actually fear what Right Wing propaganda and the media tells them.

Suckers are good for business and business is good.

So, if they are mainly used for decoration then what is all the hype about?

Suckers are good for propaganda and propaganda is bad!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol dammit spellchecker my a$$ "declaration" .. Thx for the laugh

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill

There are millions of ARs in the US. A call by the left to confiscate it would literally equate to a decoration of war.

Decoration.

And a confiscation will never happen. Talk of such a thing is used to get people worked-up, brings donations in to the NRA and drives firearms sales up.

It's happened many times over the years. People run to buy firearms at stupidly high prices because they actually fear what Right Wing propaganda and the media tells them.

I did not say mainly. I said many people.

The AR is a fashion accessory.

And the hype is all about money. Get people worked up, drive prices and sales up and bring in the donations for groups like the NRA.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill

Decoration.

I did not say mainly. I said many people.

The AR is a fashion accessory.

And the hype is all about money. Get people worked up, drive prices and sales up and bring in the donations for groups like the NRA.

You are correct and I misrepresented your statement unintentionally for that I apologize. So, if many are used for decoration and a fashion statement, I still ask what is the hype about?

Who do you think is responsible for the hype and getting people worked up?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So get em while they hot!

Get a mini14 instead. Its less 'wicked' looking.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JustaBill

So, if many are used for decoration and a fashion statement, I still ask what is the hype about?

Politics. Propaganda.

The 2nd amendment right has become a political tool used by the Right Wing to scare the gullible and bash the Left over the head with and visa versa.

Ultimately, the people are responsible themselves. They should not be so easily manipulated and frightened, but fear is a theme used by both sides for their respective ends.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

They probably don't try to change the dynamic because of Newton's first law...why bring in an outside force if the motion of progressives already boosts your sales every few years?

True story, though--a local gun store here had new DMPS Oracles (without sights) on sale this weekend for $369. I didn't buy one because I don't need it plus $100 to add pop-up sights to it, but man, it was a good deal. I compared it to the M&P Sport II, though, and didn't like the way a few things felt/functioned in comparison.

That golfball adapter though...

edit on 26-2-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Im building an AR. And its because of the news of a potential ban.

My thing is that I may one day want one, and if they are not on the market i won't be able to get one. Im sure ill have fun with it at the range, and ill be able to enter some contests that I wasn't able to enter before (AR specific stuff).

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

So, if many are used for decoration and a fashion statement, I still ask what is the hype about?

Politics. Propaganda.

The 2nd amendment right has become a political tool used by the Right Wing to scare the gullible and bash the Left over the head with and visa versa.

Ultimately, the people are responsible themselves. They should not be so easily manipulated and frightened, but fear is a theme used by both sides for their respective ends.

I agree it is all about politics and propaganda. Can you clarify what you mean by "The 2nd amendment right has become a political tool used by the Right Wing to scare the gullible and bash the Left over the head with and visa versa." I am unsure who you're claiming is gullible or why you think they are gullible. While I do see both sides using the 2nd as a tool, I find it quite suspicious the left tends to only care about this issue after a shooting. If they truly felt so strongly about this issue why does it take a mass shooting to bring in to the forefront again?

I look at Las Vegas as a prime example. For about a month it was all they could talk about...regulation, regulation, regulation. 30 days later, nothing. School shooting...regulation, regulation, regulation. Seems odd to me if it was something they felt so strongly about they would let it die until campaign time or a shooting takes place.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

But not much was said after that shooter shot up the Republican softball practice. Hmm...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I am unsure who you're claiming is gullible

Those people that jump on any bandwagon, Left or Right.

or why you think they are gullible.

Because they are easily swayed in to following the herd and playing in to fear.

While I do see both sides using the 2nd as a tool, I find it quite suspicious the left tends to only care about this issue after a shooting. If they truly felt so strongly about this issue why does it take a mass shooting to bring in to the forefront again?

I agree. It is also "suspicious" that the Right in general tend to care about firearms or exercising their constitutional right after a shooting. We see that in the huge increase in firearm and ammo sales after these incidents take place. If they truly felt so strongly about this issue why does it take a mass shooting to bring in to the forefront again?

I look at Las Vegas as a prime example. For about a month it was all they could talk about...regulation, regulation, regulation. 30 days later, nothing. School shooting...regulation, regulation, regulation. Seems odd to me if it was something they felt so strongly about they would let it die until campaign time or a shooting takes place.

Again, I agree. It's a reactionary point of view and both sides are guilty of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

And remember, if you are new to the shooting sport, GET EDUCATED FIRST!!!

Good advice. The more educated you get, the less anti-gun you usually become.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Interesting. Do you have a link to such a statistic?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Because they stop making money..

Used gun sellers would profit 1000% because they ALWAY grandfather in those in circulation, but the manufacturers only profit fro first time sales

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Why does the left have an issue with guns?

edit on 2262018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The American gun culture is a necessary requirement for populating the American Empire's military. Attend gunsight competition and it's obvious that the us forces are head and shoulders above all others. Look at military actions in former Yugo, Iraq, afghan or anywhere else a western coalition force operates. When a coalition partner loses control of their sector, they call in the Americans.

The pentagon has spent tons of research on the fact that most recruits are from the south and southwest US. The superiority of troops who grew up shooting has been true since the civil war, and the souths gun culture was a factor in prolonging the civil war. The NRA was founded by northern generals after the civil war to help northern states develop a shooting culture. Their explicit reason was the quality of US field units. True story

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Interesting. Do you have a link to such a statistic?

No. It's a personal anecdote. I base it off the hundreds of conversations I've had with anti-gun folks, most of whom don't know jack #. I've met very few people who were well-informed on the subject and continued to be heavily in favor of gun control. Also my personal experience with educating people about guns has tended to result in them becoming less anti-gun. I was more anti-gun when I was younger, then as I learned more and realized most of what I "knew" was bogus my views changed.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

A simple "no" would have been sufficient.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

BecauE ANY gun control ALWAYS comes with a grandfather clause.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Sounds kind of like a strange relationship on the surface, but when you look at it from a reality perspective, anytime the left gets all riled up over guns, particularly the AR-15, sales of said weapon skyrocket.

Maybe because in reality not many people are getting riled up? Maybe a few gullible people keep falling for the same sensationalist bs?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join