It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't gun makers jump on the left's bandwagon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sounds kind of like a strange relationship on the surface, but when you look at it from a reality perspective, anytime the left gets all riled up over guns, particularly the AR-15, sales of said weapon skyrocket. I have seen friends get this craze about them, asking me to sell them a weapon, or help them buy one. It's another knee jerk reaction, but as Newton's 3rd law of physics states, every action will have an equal and opposite reaction.

So as with most times this has happened, gun sales are up, people are in a hurry to grab anything that might soon be banned (in their mind). The Obama administration was a Godsend to the weapons manufacturing industry, through no fault of his. Human nature in the US seems to run just like that.

So get em while they hot!

And when you realize that you just bought a weapon, you really didn't want, and can't use for much, remember, that for $25, you can buy an adapter to shoot golf balls with it, and use blanks for the propellant. it's fun, and makes you very popular at tournament time.

Happy shooting! And remember, if you are new to the shooting sport, GET EDUCATED FIRST!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Anybody that buys a gun that they believe will be banned is kind of an idiot.
Why drop hundreds of dollars on something you will not be able to use or will eventually have to turn in to officials?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

How do you putt with that thing?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How do you putt with that thing?

from a few feet away. Mine shoots 400 yards. (if the wind is right) But since the tube isn't rifled, it's accuracy isn't "up to par", pun intended.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Oh, man. Go back to your bunker. Pun intended.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Exactly!

This is also why it's stupid to believe in these conspiracy theories that the left is "false flagging" or getting "crisis actors" in order to ban guns. Who in their right mind would perpetrate something like that after seeing over and over that it does nothing but sell more guns?! In fact, the conspiracy aspect being spread around is why they sell more guns.

I don't believe any of these shootings are faked or manufactured but, if they were, shouldn't we follow the money? Money says NRA is staging them.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Anybody that buys a gun that they believe will be banned is kind of an idiot.
Why drop hundreds of dollars on something you will not be able to use or will eventually have to turn in to officials?

You apparently don't remember the Brady bill. AR's with bayonet lugs and threaded barrels, and telescoping stocks, became like gold. Grandfathered in, they could be transferred to others, but the price was high.

I agree that purchasing something based on "everyone is doing it" is a bit silly, but history shows that can be a lucrative choice.

What worries me is folks who know nothing about weapons, start off with something like an AR, and can get hurt, or worse yet, not clean it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Also remember, to hide them somewhere underground and stock up on ammo. Leave all technology like cellphones behind when doing it to avoid tracking. Just in case the government becomes a dictatorship, people have a way to fight back.
Just saying.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I have to admit, when thinking about this from a conspiracy, tin foil hat aspect, that would seem the most likely, the NRA and weapons manufacturers. But at this point, all they need to do is wait. The MSM will drive the narrative as they always do, and the buyers will flock to the stores.

I can buy the parts to build one for less than $400. But those who are lazy, will just go the store and buy theirs for $550 and up.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

where I live, I think I'd hear about it, long before they made their way to Spiveys Corner. Unless they are into hog calling.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Nothing these fools are buying would be grandfathered though.
But on the bright side they are more likely to hurt themselves than anyone else.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Here is a stab in the dark.

What if TPTB have created this gun culture and all of the stories that have sent folks out in droves to buy new rifles, knowing that eventually they would end up confiscating them many years down the road.

Now they have made millions/billions on these sales and now they get to take them back and resell them to small african governments/dictators. Doubling their money in the process.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I'm pretty sure they won't be able to confiscate them. They haven't in the past, and doing so, would wake up the angry giant. It would be a bad idea, and I think even the most ardent gun grabber knows that the best they will ever do, it stop the sale of new ones.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I don't really care what the leftists want. They can SAY anything they want.

But there is never going to be a justification for an infringement on my rights.

If we allow any infringement, then what's to stop anyone from infringing on any other rights?

I guess I get tired of the talk about "common sense" gun laws. None of the proposed laws make any common sense to begin with.

Ranting. Sorry. Should have just said gun-grabbing leftists bad.

Freedom, good.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I like my AR its a fun to shoot simple to care for gun, that in a pinch I can hunt with.

Light easy to carry, and if you take care of it shoots pretty well.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Woodcarver

I'm pretty sure they won't be able to confiscate them. They haven't in the past, and doing so, would wake up the angry giant. It would be a bad idea, and I think even the most ardent gun grabber knows that the best they will ever do, it stop the sale of new ones.

What i am concerned with, is the call to follow Australia’s model, which is/was confiscation.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There are millions of ARs in the US. A call by the left to confiscate it would literally equate to a decoration of war.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
...a decoration of war.

Major General Lawrence: "We're going to put the flower arrangement here in this pillbox, the throw pillows need to be in desert camo, not olive drab, and we really need to do something about the those combat boots, they need to be more adorbs."

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
There are millions of ARs in the US. A call by the left to confiscate it would literally equate to a decoration of war.

Funny. That is what many people use the AR for.

Decoration.

And a confiscation will never happen. Talk of such a thing is used to get people worked-up, brings donations in to the NRA and drives firearms sales up.

It's happened many times over the years. People run to buy firearms at stupidly high prices because they actually fear what Right Wing propaganda and the media tells them.

Suckers are good for business and business is good.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Because no one is going to turn in #, that's why.

Any attempt at a ban would require confiscation, and that will only lead to another civil war.

Jaden

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join