It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A CDC researcher left work sick two weeks ago — then vanished

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
CDC Researcher Missing

Timothy J. Cunningham had been a rising official at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The Harvard-educated epidemiologist was promoted in July at the U.S. Public Health Service in Atlanta and contributed to responses following outbreaks of Zika, Ebola and health emergencies caused by Hurricane Sandy. He also was a prominent fixture in the Atlanta community, earning a spot in Atlanta Business Chronicle's 40 Under 40 Awards last year.

But the researcher, who studies disease patterns, was not feeling well Feb. 12 and left work around midday.

Cunningham, 35, hasn't been seen or heard from since

He was last seen two weeks ago. His keys, car, everything was in place... everything, except him.

I realize that even an epidemiologist can have their own personal demons, or disappear for reasons unrelated to their CDC work, but this even gave my non-conspiracy sister the heebie-jeebies.

Perhaps we watched "The Stand" one to many times.
Here is an NBC article
NBC link
And one from SFGate
sfgate article

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
After reading the other articles it seems that he may be victim of some foul play or has had a psychotic break and is hiding under a bridge somewhere or up in the mountains.
leaving wallet, keys, car, phone etc at home along with his dog, I suspect something (probably) bad has happened.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Im concerned, I’m shocked that there is no other replies of people theories as to what happened to him a reply to: anniquity

edit on 26-2-2018 by angelsrforever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
My concern is that he was compromised in some way; maybe threats to his family. That he was tasked with sneaking out some biological material and decided that inoculating himself with a virus would be the most stealth way to do so (explains why he felt sick when leaving work early). That he then met up with those whom threatened him and is either being held prisoner or is dead....meanwhile whatever it is he sneaked out of the CDC lab is in mass production and is intended to be used in a domestic terrorist plot.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

From the job description I would say this feller did not have access to the deep , dark recesses of the CDC...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Probably got the flu. From what I've seen it's nasty this year.

Or his lady found his tinder account.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelsrforever
Im concerned, I’m shocked that there is no other replies of people theories as to what happened to him a reply to: anniquity

I was surprised I hadn't seen it in the news. Then I was really surprised to not find it here on ATS. I swear, I think the Hatfieldican vs. McCoyocrat feud is the biggest distraction every created.
I hope Timothy Cunningham has the flu, and bumped his head, while sitting on a beach somewhere, where cell phones don't work, and forgot to come home. But I really suspect the worst.
The only question is, which worse? The 'I ran away from my life because I was stressed', worse?
Or 'the government helped me get away from it all cause I learned too much', worse?
Or the 'I bled out somewhere because I had an oops in the lab and now it's out', worse?

edit on 26-2-2018 by anniquity because: I kan spel

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Wouldn’t getting the flu or any other illness make you seek treatment or go to bed rather than vanish? Who goes anywhere for two weeks without their keys, car or wallet?

Something is definitely off here.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: anniquity

A bit more I thought was interesting about this story:

Another strange thing they noticed was that two of the windows in his home were left open. This alarmed them, they told NBC, because it was very out of character. He was very environmentally conscious and wouldn’t have normally left those windows open, they believed.

Unfortunately, Cunningham has already become the target of a fake news, hoax story. YourNewsWire published a story on February 22 claiming that Cunningham had told them the flu vaccine was dangerous and to go public if anything happened to him. They gave nothing to back up that claim. In fact, YourNewsWire is known for attaching outrageous quotes to people. ...

Leaving two windows open and all your belongings inside the house (with your dog) is weird enough. Then you have that other part about the flu shot which makes it even more "out there". Of course, the second part is suspect because of the website who reported it. But still, it's weird that it was reported and then he turns up missing...

Just wanted to point these out. They may or may not be of interest.

need to edit..the report from YourNewsWire happened after his disappearance. He disappeared on Feb 12th..they reported that on Feb 22nd. I have no idea why they would do such a thing but wanted to make sure the time line was pointed out...

Thanks!
blend
edit on 26-2-2018 by blend57 because: Always an Edit! :/

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: anniquity

I was surprised I hadn't seen it in the news. Then I was really surprised to not find it here on ATS.

Ummm...Actually there was a thread...previously

YouSir

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

I was surprised I hadn't seen it in the news. Then I was really surprised to not find it here on ATS.

Ummm...Actually there was a thread...previously

YouSir

Well heck! I even tried the Google search to check!

Thanks for the heads up!
I actually feel a lot better knowing that ATS already had a thread on this.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Followed this as well.

A few items to help us investigate:

Timothy Jerrell Cunningham, 35
Not an isolated type, stayed close to friends and family.
Sister was "best friend" and talked to him a couple times a day.
Family said he had been acting odd the past couple days. No one has been specific about, only saying he did not sound like himself in conversation. Obviously something heavy was on his mind he was not sharing.

The guy is a bit of star at the CDC. Highly educated, moving fast through the ranks. Listed in Atlanata's "Top 40 under 40".

His CDC bio lists him as a "Lead" over a team and his history includes rapid response teams for Ebola and Zika.

He left work in the afternoon a couple weeks ago saying he was not feeling well and that was last anyone saw of him.

His house was locked up (two windows open).
Dog was there unattended "Bo" and family said he really loved the dog and would never leave it alone for any extended period of time.
His wallet, phone, credit cards, Drivers license, passport, car...all left at home.

Looking at White pages and google maps, his home appears to be in a populated suburb as opposed near any woods or large parks. Wandering away on foot would have meant passing down blocks and blocks of neighborhood streets, where I imagine someone would have seen him.

This could have been an unusual suicide or psychotic break. If so, where did he go? Simply walking off into some wooded area doesn't not look possible according to google maps.
He could have gotten some exotic virus that effects mood.
He definitely had a bright future ahead of him by all accounts.

What was he working on at the CDC would seem a relevant question.
Transportation from his home is the other big question. Surrounded by neighborhoods walking off without being seen by someone is unlikely, car in garage...Accomplice, Criminal Abduction, Uber or Taxi.

*Posted on other thread as well, not sure which one is Lead Op.

edit on 26-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Followed this as well.

Family said he had been acting odd the past couple days. No one has been specific about, only saying he did not sound like himself in conversation. Obviously something heavy was on his mind he was not sharing.

The guy is a bit of star at the CDC. Highly educated, moving fast through the ranks. Listed in Atlanata's "Top 40 under 40".

His CDC bio lists him as a "Lead" over a team and his history includes rapid response teams for Ebola and Zika.

He left work in the afternoon a couple weeks ago saying he was not feeling well and that was last anyone saw of him.

(Respectfully Snipped)

The other is the lead. I googloofed!

I've alerted a mod about this thread to see if it can be merged or locked. :-)
That is the most amazing summary of several articles I've seen in a while. Very well written!
The two open doors thing I had missed until people started mentioning it here. And I can't believe he left his dog and just took off to get away from it all.
There's also a $10,000 reward for helping to find him now, raised by the family.
edit on 26-2-2018 by anniquity because: Format

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Followed this as well.

(Respectfully Snipped)

The other is the lead. I googloofed!

I've alerted a mod about this thread to see if it can be merged or locked. :-)
That is the most amazing summary of several articles I've seen in a while. Very well written!
The two open doors thing I had missed until people started mentioning it here. And I can't believe he left his dog and just took off to get away from it all.
There's also a $10,000 reward for helping to find him now, raised by the family.

Just a quick correction on your post.

Two open windows, but all the doors were locked. Parents let themselves in with a spare key.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

My opinion is he knew too much. Went into hiding on his own or was disappeared by people that thought he could be a threat

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I am adding to the other thread if you want to jump in or follow.

He was an "Epidemic Intelligence Officer"

This gets crazier the closer you look.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

You would think so.

So it must be the tinder account.
Lol

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Added to a lot of weird things happen at the CDC.
Always makes me think of dead or missing biologists and other related scientists.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
please direct your comments to this ongoing thread

CDC Employee Leaves Work Sick 10 Days Ago and Hasn’t Been Seen Since

top topics

join