It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have done more harm than good.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

So now that you're self-employed, do you still hate capitalism?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

That's a tough question.

For years now, I've been extremely pro small business. I believe if people were taught entrepreneurial skills instead of the quadratic formula in high school, we would have a higher amount of people that could be self employed, or start small businesses, etc.

I never have hated business and free enterprise and all... I've always hated mega corporations, lobbyists, subsidies that create huge advantages for one business over others, and the like. I also dislike the fact that the lower class are getting less and less of the same pie, while being more efficient than ever - trickle down economics is a sham, at least in some cases.

I'd love to see a culture and country that encourages invention and creation, independence, self mastery - an education system that teaches real world applicable concepts, and encourages kids at a young age to know that multiple routes are just as valid as any other, including not going to college if your specific sector doesn't require it.

I'd also love to see a country where the average person would have any chance at being able to financially fund such ventures. Starting one of my businesses in particular, I had to borrow from family - something that is not available to many people. I'm set to pay them off later this year, but still.. A quick Google search says that 36 percent of jobs are entry level, another 30 percent are around associates level and still offer meager pay. Where is there to move up, when 66 percent of the opportunities are likely too close to what you're already doing?

Anyways, I digress.

Long story short, I don't hate the freedom of business and enterprise that capitalism brings, I hate the government/corporation marriages that it brings, and dislike that at least while I was growing up, Entrepreneurship wasn't even taught as an option

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Congrats! Don't be too hard on yourself. Waking up is hard to do...especially with so many influences that know how human minds work...and are constantly working to keep us cognitively asleep.

Anyway...now that you're up, want some coffee? We still gotta a lot of kind coaching to do today...with other people who are just starting to awaken!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
I've heard that sometimes when a scientist has a theory they are testing, they'll do everything possible to disprove it, rather than just do things that prove it - in this way, they get closer to the truth...

Be very careful, this can and will backfire in your face...

originally posted by: Gazrok
You can't debate religion, because you can't argue with faith. Faith and Proof are diametrically opposed. If you can PROVE something, then FAITH in it is no longer needed, as now it is KNOWN.

Science has become nothing more than a massive form of mind control and propaganda.

Science is one huge mind control OP with a stealth agenda. The true agenda behind Science is covering up the truth about God and the REAL history of the Earth.

"Science", just like all other false religions, ALWAYS lies.

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

If you actually believe that Science is interested in revealing what is real, you have been deliberately misinformed.

See the sig quote...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Look up street epistemology. There are ways of questioning a person's beliefs in a way that will cause deeper thought and introspection, and can cause a person to alter their views, based on their own findings within the conversation. I haven't tried it myself, not having a need, but it seems it would be more effective and gentle than my previous frustrated arguments about uranium dating and what not. Facts fly over all of our heads if we have a deeply held belief.

Reading Genie Z LaBorde's book...and most importantly, doing the exercises, as you go along...this is what actually rewires your wet ware with the neural circuitry...will go a long way toward recognizing and utilizing, how we process both emotional and logical information.

It's called Influencing With Integrity. Ostensibly, it's the business oriented application of the Neuro-Linguistic Programming Model. But it is actually only useful to people who think or communicate with either themselves or others, or both.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

I wouldn't deem myself as intellectually anointed, quite the contrary, actually. I often depend on others to help me see the intellectual side of things, as I have my shortcomings when it comes to processing and retaining information.

How are you, olaru?

It's been a while. I remember you were quite active when I last was, it's good to see you and some other members still around.

Never been better and thanks for asking. Welcome back, Id be interested in your take on the bigly changes to ATS since your sabbatical.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hmm, I'm just on a tablet and hardly notice anything visual.. As far as the front page of posts, , it seems the usual as well. Political fights between "those on the left" and "those on the right" - this is something I've always wished to facilitate into more meaningful discussion - I'm certain plenty of people here learn things and grow in ways, I mean, I use this place as a news outlet because of that fact that we're a combination of many different views - yet it doesn't seem like anyone wants to change - the same people yell for the same actions after hearing about a mass shooting, for instance.

So, I'll mostly keep to myself. Maybe make a post from time to time, participate in specific subjects, but I feel this place is mostly trapped in a time loop - so, what changes do you mean?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: burgerbuddy

2 to tango.

Or , 2 to tangle ?

Hmmmm, interesting.

You intrigue me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join