It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bath School massacre, still the deadliest ever on us soil. Not one shot fired

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
People want something easy to blame instead of looking at facts and logic. Mass shootings are about as an emotional subject as you can get. It is far easier to blame guns than to look at things like mental health, social media, and all the other things that may be contributing factors.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

I am 45 . when I was a kid and I cam home crying about being bullied my dad would have said "hit him with a chair" then start fighting.

This is because we are raising a bunch of pus###s who dont wanna just fight .

When we were kids you met after school fought it out then became friends a week later.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a reply to: Bhadhidar

What? Explosives are easy. Anyone can make a deadly bomb easy.

Tell that to the jihadists that keep blowing themselves up with those easily made explosives...

Wow and they all have guns but yet use bombs.. Hmmm why is that?

They had guns that were inefficient compared to today's weapons, but I'm sure you knew that already.... Right?

But that is not what I asked. The terrorist you chose to ramble about are recent ones who blow themselves up with bombs.

I asked why they use bombs when they have easier access to guns then we do?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I did find a thread on it from 2012 but I think it deserves a new one so we dont forget

No, you thought this somehow counters the argument from gun-grabbers about banning ARs.

Let's not pretend it's something other than what you really wanted it to be.

It not only counters it, it destroys the narrative.
Lets not pretend it doesn't.

Yea, but at least I'm honest about why you decided to post it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I did find a thread on it from 2012 but I think it deserves a new one so we dont forget

No, you thought this somehow counters the argument from gun-grabbers about banning ARs.

Let's not pretend it's something other than what you really wanted it to be.

It not only counters it, it destroys the narrative.
Lets not pretend it doesn't.

Yea, but at least I'm honest about why you decided to post it.

LOl. It was pretty obvious Why I posted it. But I genuinely had never heard of it before and thought other members might be in that same boat.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I have a new one, they are a blast to shoot, cant imagine what one of those old time bad boys feels like when its rockin and rollin.

If you run outta bullets you get the added bonus you can hit someone with it and break bones, want to say mine with the 100rnd drum installed runs like 11 lbs, 14 fully loaded. (its in a gun safe stateside with my dad so cant just grab it and see)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

It was obvious. Which is why I pointed out how silly your "lest we forget" approach was.

Lulz

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How is this relevant today? Can people buy huge amounts of explosives in the US still!?!?
90 years ago is quite some time ago...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

So this happened in 1927, according to the article referenced.

One reason you don’t probably don’t hear too much about this tragedy is because it happened, as you noted, almost 100 years ago.

You might also have noted that in those intervening years, civilian access to high explosives (appears to be dynamite in the picture, though I’m not an explosives expert) has been severely restricted.

So much so, in fact, that would be bomb makers have had to resort to making their own explosives in many instances.

No doubt resulting in the self-elimination of more than a few psychopaths over the years.

Perhaps similarly stringent restrictions should be applied to civilian access to semi-automatic weapons?

One can but hope that a similar fate awaits more than a few of those demented individuals who would use such weapons for their nefarious deeds.

I can go to the local hardware store and buy dynamite. To get rid of stumps or rocks on my property. So not sure what restrictions you are talking about, unless it's California or something....

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I mentioned this to a gun control advocate and they dismissed it because, they said, I read it on Wikipedia (I didn't).

I still don't get why people who insist they want to solve this issue are staunchly opposed to actually understanding it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I am 45 . when I was a kid and I cam home crying about being bullied my dad would have said "hit him with a chair" then start fighting.

When we were kids you met after school fought it out then became friends a week later.

So true about becoming friends after a fight, lol... When I was in Kindergarten in 1984, a kid used to motion me over to him and punch me in the stomach at recess. It was weird because one day he'd punch me, the next day he'd be my friend. When I'd had enough, I told my dad and he told me to kick that kid in the nuts as hard as I could the next time he called me over there. The next day, sure enough, he called me over there and before he could hit me, I kicked him in the balls as hard as I could. Oddly enough, I got in trouble but he never bullied me again. Got picked on in the 5th through 8th grade too by a fat black kid that was 3 grades below where he was supposed to be.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

So true about becoming friends after a fight, lol... When I was in Kindergarten in 1984, a kid used to motion me over to him and punch me in the stomach at recess. It was weird because one day he'd punch me, the next day he'd be my friend. When I'd had enough, I told my dad and he told me to kick that kid in the nuts as hard as I could the next time he called me over there. The next day, sure enough, he called me over there and before he could hit me, I kicked him in the balls as hard as I could. Oddly enough, I got in trouble but he never bullied me again. Got picked on in the 5th through 8th grade too by a fat black kid that was 3 grades below where he was supposed to be.

He wasn't being your friend on the days he wasn't punching you. Maybe you became friends after you hit him back but you definitely weren't before then.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
How is this relevant today? Can people buy huge amounts of explosives in the US still!?!?

How is it not relevant? Is there a time limit on school massacres? Or is it just not relevant because it does not fit your agenda?

Yes people can still buy huge amounts of explosives. what a stupid question.
edit on 26-2-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

How is it not relevant? Is there a time limit on school massacres? Or is it just not relevant because it does not fit your agenda?

Yes people can still buy huge amounts of explosives. what a stupid question.

Of course it's relevant, it demonstrates you can kill a bunch of kids in numerous ways. So if people want to actually protect kids lives, banning AR15s won't do the trick. If they have another motive, it might still be a legit pursuit...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
a reply to: AllKnowing

Where did I say that only “experts” could access explosives?

I swear reading comprehension has diminished almost as rapidly as critical thinking ability over the last few decades!

I said, “civilian access to high explosives has been severely restricted”, not eliminated, not made available only to “experts”; in fact, I never even used the term “expert”.

Nor did I suggest in any way that restricting civilian access to semi-automatic weapons would “not allow them to have guns”, as you claimed.

I did not suggest that ALL guns be restricted.

Nor did I suggest that ANY guns be confiscated.

If you were to re-read my post (assuming of course that you would be capable of understanding what you are reading, which may be too much to hope for) you will find that I merely suggested that Consideration be given to restricting civilian access to ONE TYPE of gun.

Yes you said "severely restricted", meaning that it "should be" very hard for any person without some sort of license to attain some sort of dangerous explosive...right. "Severely restricted" is a phrase that is used to imply near impossibility by a random Joe to obtain, but there is a chance if you have "expertise" and a "license" to use and obtain such explosives and have a reason to obtain them, even if your name is not Joe, you can then get them. I had a neighbor 10 years back that built his own fireworks in his garage and would teach his interested friends how to design explosives and the science behind constructing such things to do w/e necessary deed it was designed for.

Plus there are very simple yet highly effective explosives that people can build cheaply and easily in their own bathroom if they choose. Ammonium Nitrate from fertilizer is the main ingredient and this type of explosive is the most widely produced in the US as of now for demolitions.

What one type of gun do you prefer when describing banning civilians from attaining? By eliminating one gun, you are actually eliminating hundreds of similar guns, and gun manufacturers will find a loop hole and sell adulterated models to fit within the law. It's pretty clear and not too hard to see that far into the future when regarding a topic like this.

Getting rid of any sort of dangerous object does not reduce the evil that exists within people. No one is trying to ban fires (oh wait there are people trying to ban wood burning stoves). Think about it, you have an enemy, you barricade their doors while they sleep and set a fire in their house. Is this something the media talks about? No, because anyone can produce fire for free or under a dollar. So it is guns,which 99% of people cannot make in their own home, but all other dangerous devices they can think of, can likely be made within their own home. And then we get to 3d printers. Seriously, I will go there. You can buy a good 3d printer for under $500 and print an AR-15. No law under that one. Can't buy one, then print one.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
100 years ago..... yep times and laws never change.

Might go down to my local hardware store and buy me some TNT. without permits or restrictions. Oh wait I cannot. Because laws and times do indeed change.

But let us continue to use apples to discuss oranges.

10,000 years ago people beat each other with sticks..... because sticks and cavemen we should own AR's today.....

lol, gotta love some people and their frelltarded ways of thinking and rationalizing # in their tiny little heads.

Coming soon. How terrorism has existed for millenia so we should leave ISIS, Al Qaeda and similar alone.....because you know, wiping them out won't end terrorism.....

bwahahahaha..... frelling seriously..... oh lordy. I so want off this frelling planet.

edit on 2-3-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: .

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Maybe the people with tiny little retarded brains wanted to ban sticks back then.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It is no coincidence that since extreme limits were put on purchasing dynamite, that there has been no school dynamite attacks since.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have a 1977 FFA handout that teaches you how to blow stumps with off the shelf stuff

Fun times they were then libbatards started bullying people that they didn't like and the victims retaliated and thats where we are.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have a 1977 FFA handout that teaches you how to blow stumps with off the shelf stuff

Fun times they were then libbatards started bullying people that they didn't like and the victims retaliated and thats where we are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join