It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Has Criminalized Poverty By Making It Illegal To Sleep In Cars And RVs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Blaine91555

I wonder what the fine will be for non-compliance?

hopefully hard labor, they deserve it for being homeless in the first place

And they're not too bright for deciding to be homeless in California. Especially with Anti-California Donald Trump as President. Maybe Tijuana, Mexico would be better for them. Not that far away.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Black_Fox

That's seriously f#cked up. I have nothing more to say.

As I have stated its not true, they are helping people here FINALLY, and yet this thread goes on and on,,, when it simply IS NOT TRUE....

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I used to live in los angeles. for a few months I was homeless and sleeping in my car.

woke up one morning at 4am with an old guy aiming a pistol at me through my car window saying "not in front of my house!"

used to go to the library at the same time and check out a book go back to my car parked on the street and try and read the book in peace only to have the neighbors call the police on me for being parked in front of their house for a whole hour.

one evening I was reading a book in the same neighborhood. had my car parked under a street light so that could see. suddenly a police helicopter shows up, hovers over my car and shines his search light through my moonroof for five minutes. I'm looking back up at the helicopter shrugging with a book in my hand as if to say "what's your problem" look over and a pair of cop cars are coming down the street at high speed. they order me out of the car and then when they find out I had no drugs or alcohol in the car or on me left and drove off. and all this happened in North Hollywood. not even one of the nicer parts of town.

sure glad I left that crap hole of a city.

I remember paying 1000 bucks a month for a studio apartment that had no parking. no kitchen. no closets. a rat infestation with rat droppings everywhere. no electricity in my bathroom and a tub that back flowed sewage into it and did not drain. I used to have to use a plastic shopping bag to scoop sewage water out of the shower/tub and transfer it to the toilet so I could take a shower once every few days. you can call the city but they won't get around to you any time soon. oh yeah and this was in a nicer part of town.

America has problems and places like los Angeles exemplify the growing issues that will soon spread to more and more parts of the country.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

The best part is everyone who defends our system.

I had sleep in my car a number of years ago for a few weeks in between places because I was having an impossible time finding something affordable that wasn't 2 hours away from everywhere I had to be.

That was a nightmare, nowhere you can go and I didn't realize how many people live in their cars in California until those 2-3 weeks. Its a major problem. People with good jobs in brand new cars.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
After living in So Calif for 65 yrs,sounds like a ploy to get people to come to Angel's game,and deal with the liberal's there,if your going to be homeless,much nicer to be by the beach

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

What would you do if people were dodging their rent obligations to the Landlords. Have a heart!, if you were a landlord you would have to do the same. Because most of the properties have mortgages and the Banks need the money as well. I spent six months in a Kombi van, I had TV and a phone and showered everyday on the Campsite, life was sweet.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

If you own the car you should be able to do what you want in it which includes sleeping. It shouldn't be anyone elses business but i suspect whoever disagrees with it are the people who are losing money such as energy companies, tax officials etc..

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

In that first video they estimate that some homeless folk cost the tax payer somewhere between 90000 to 150000 dollars a year!

Assuming that is correct it would be far cheaper to house and feed the homeless instead of leaving them on the street.

The reality is people who denigrate the poor and chastise them and say they are worthless and don't deserve help are in fact paying twice as much to care for them than they would if they could find a little empathy.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

and the city wastes more than that yearly to close down all the streets and businesses for mindnumbingly trite and unimportant things like the academy awards and Grammy and golden globe awards.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

What a screwed up world we live in.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Saw this on one of my favorite Youtube channels, the Money GPS.

They estimated 7,000 people sleep in their cars in LA? LOL Probably a hell of a lot more than that!

This is similar to those cities that put spikes under bridges and other places that the homeless would normally stay/sleep at.

Draconian rule at its finest... the inhumanity.

I know some neighborhoods even put spikes on tree branches to stop birds roosting above their cars ....

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

In that first video they estimate that some homeless folk cost the tax payer somewhere between 90000 to 150000 dollars a year!

Assuming that is correct it would be far cheaper to house and feed the homeless instead of leaving them on the street.

The reality is people who denigrate the poor and chastise them and say they are worthless and don't deserve help are in fact paying twice as much to care for them than they would if they could find a little empathy.

Agreed and the problem is worse then LA wants to admit. Even downtown LA has homeless tents all over the place. LA is currently trying to hide the true scope of the homeless crisis. Estimated over 100000 between orange and LA.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

In SF, they offered to pay for the housing and food for the homeless - so long as it isn't in their neighborhoods. And the homeless don't want to be shipped off to some abandoned military base or farm and live in barrack/sheds. They want homes in these neighborhoods. Volunteers built micro-homes but in reality these aren't safe due to the small size and risk of fire. Nor is it a a long-term situation as it forces everyone to live in ever-smaller homes. So it's a jamlocked situation.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Homelessness is fast becoming a worldwide epidemic, it's sickening to see these images in the Vid like you posted above, we really need to change this paradigm .

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

It's not unusual for cities and or neighborhoods to try and relocate homeless people elsewhere, out of sight out of mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join