It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large ships in dreams and waking up in a panic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I don't know how else to put it. A few nights ago, I had a dream of a large spaceship flying over. It wasn't menacing, it wasn't chasing me, it was simply flying overhead, making a weird engine sound. The ship was overengineered, with lots of bits and pieces and not at all like your typical UFO- which is usually smooth and shiny. I woke up with my heart trying to jackhammer its way out of my chest, and in a state of near panic.

Anyone else experience this sort of thing?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I would bet that just about everybody has.

maybe not as intense but just about everybody has vivid dreams and some can be quite intense.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I've experienced something similar but was not a dream although I did go quickly back to sleep, if memory serves me correctly.
It was in the late 80s so time can blur those memories.
Are you certain that you had been asleep and were actually dreaming?
That may seem a ridiculous question.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
In the dream, it was daylight- and I was doing something (can't remember what exactly) in a field. There were trees, and slight hills, and this thing went roaring past. I even remember the weather- partly cloudy.

I woke up, *in* a panic, but I couldn't tell you why.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

But- the dream wasn't that intense. Remarkable, yes. My reaction SHOULD have been "Oooh! spaceship!" then the dream changes or whatever, and I'm in a tutu teaching a class on quantum frogs or something equally odd. I have some *weird* dreams. Not wake up halfway to a heart attack- and not even know *why*.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

First of all, have to rule out your minds conjuring those images up from memory you have of movies you've seen; Independence Day, for instance. Close Encounters too, and a dozen others.

Mother ships always return at the end to rescue, kidnap, destroy the world.
edit on 25-2-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This could be the "Mars Attacks" dream ...

Tack tackackack

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

We come in Peace, we come in Peace-- pew, pew, pew.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The dream itself was nothing traumatic, or scary, or anything else. If anything- it had familiarity to it. I have watched everything from Doctor Who to Close Encounters to Star Trek, Star Wars, read sci fi novels, there's stuff inbetween I cant even remember ATM. The ship could have been a conglomeration. Thing is, I have had similar dreams, but with vastly different ships in them- all of them detailed and not your usual UFO fodder type ones (cylinder, saucer, sphere, triangle, etc). Seeing them zip around in 'broad daylight' (when I have these dreams, I mean) is exciting, and fun to watch.

What concerns me is my reaction to what should be a pretty (for me) normal dream. The ship was a beautifully detailed object, BTW- panels, greebles, pointed on both ends (I do some scale modelling when I can), painted white with panel lines- it looked like anime stuff come to life. I've had far worse, weird, insane dreams, and been far less bothered.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I'm reminded of 'Star Trekkin'- "we come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill.."

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Maybe you get to tired sir so your dream like a real thing..get some more rest, and drink lot water to relaxing your body and mind..

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Yes, since about 5 yrs old, now 60. Never panicked. Dream was always multiple ships of different shapes. Now with YouTube videos by L.A. Marzzuli and Steven Quayle and others that this is a deception created by the Fallen Angels-Nephlim, I no longer would walk 🚶 to the ships if landed.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RichardKorbin

Glad to know.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I've had far worse, weird, insane dreams, and been far less bothered.

Then I'd say you might be over reacting. Sometimes in dreams, our subconcious mind works thru our fears. Other times we hear real world noises and form a dream around them. You say you were hearing sounds, try to work out what might have made the noise in the real world?

Do you live beneath a runway approach lane? What day does the garbage truck come?

Or you are a prophet of the end of the world, the choice is yours.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yea I have had those dreams dunno if it was really a dream, it was lucid for sure. It’s when I lived in the Mojave. It was a giant black triangle type ship made no sound or a quiet humming sound I guess it was a dream. When I lived in that desert while awake I used to see those orbs we used to think they were military flares thou but nowadays with all the YouTube videos showing them I guess they were’t. Anyhow ya I have seen ships in dreams.

Recently I have been having dreams of some type of virus born zombie invasion with ufos being the ones that start it, pretty bizarre stuff, I have dreamt about it twice now that I can recall, it’s me with others struggling to escape getting bit and turned into one etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I used to have dreams all the time, which would sound completely unremarkable, if I described it to someone else... yet would cause me to wake up in a pool of sweat, having a total panic attack.

I have no idea what actually causes is... a side effect of a debilitating anxiety disorder, is my best guess.

These days though, I just seem to have these really long random nonsense fully 'lucid dreams', 90% of the time, which admittedly keep me mildly entertained... Its basically like playing some extremely odd new video game every night.

Dreaming is a weird enigma of human psychology...

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Do you live beneath a runway approach lane? What day does the garbage truck come?

At that time of the morning, this neighborhood is quieter than the inside of a bank vault. Around 2-3 am, you don't hear anything. Less than anything. Planes don't get too close (minus one complete idiot)- because we live RIGHT next to a tv transmission tower. I have a fan on to just generate noise, and drown out the cat when he sings the song of his people.

Garbage comes Thursday morning around 9-10 ish.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I have no idea what actually causes is... a side effect of a debilitating anxiety disorder, is my best guess.

You may be right. I am stressed to the point it's screwed up my blood sugar. I've had oh, so fun, traumatic "will curl your hair and question my sanity" events, and other assorted things that for the life of me- I am amazed I haven't walked out into traffic by now.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
I don't know how else to put it. A few nights ago, I had a dream of a large spaceship flying over. It wasn't menacing, it wasn't chasing me, it was simply flying overhead, making a weird engine sound. The ship was overengineered, with lots of bits and pieces and not at all like your typical UFO- which is usually smooth and shiny. I woke up with my heart trying to jackhammer its way out of my chest, and in a state of near panic.

Perhaps external noises influenced your dreams? I've had interesting dreams when dozing off with the TV left on.

I did once dream of a large drone floating outside of my window. I think it was influenced by a thunderstorm creating a strong sound of rain against the window and a large boom of thunder (interpreted by my brain as a loudspeaker). But the memory was strong enough for me to be able to sketch it out as reference for a future 3D art project.
edit on 25-2-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I used to have dreams all the time, which would sound completely unremarkable, if I described it to someone else... yet would cause me to wake up in a pool of sweat, having a total panic attack.

These days though, I just seem to have these really long random nonsense fully 'lucid dreams', 90% of the time, which admittedly keep me mildly entertained... Its basically like playing some extremely odd new video game every night.

Dreaming is a weird enigma of human psychology...

I was prescribed medication some time ago by my local GP (the many side effects are anxiety and visual artifacts). It's used for chelation therapy to remove excess metals from the body. I'd been drinking gallons of mineral water - absolute delicious, but the calcium has hardened my arteries. So I have to get that calcium removed. So I took those pills. But they really upset my stomach. Every time I took one of those pills, it felt like it was burning a hole in my stomach. Then things that were trivial like the council blocking off one side of the roads to replace a water main would have me in a panic as to whether I'd have water to shower or get a taxi for interviews.

I think now everything is related to nutrition and chemical balances.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join