It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the arrest report on the Florida shooting suspect

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya

a reply to: Guyfriday
I find it disgusting that you need to put a disclaimer about conspiracies on a (former) conspiracy site. Thank you, AboveTopPolitics...

Now days sometimes it's just best to post disclaimers. You never know who will be offended next (just like how pointing this out will make some people offended)

***BACK ON TOPIC***

I'm beginning to think a timeline of when witnesses saw the shooter might be useful, but I guess that would be impossible since the schools CCTV system was on a delay. At this point I believe that one of two things is going on here;

A Comedy of Errors. There are so many things that were ignored and went wrong that the odds of winning big on the lotto would be easier.

A Massive Cover-Up. Since the first one seems unlikely due to the odds (though not impossible I guess). Too many are too quick to point fingers and transfer blame, added to too many stories that are inconsistent with what's being pushed as the official story.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

a reply to: CthulhuMythos

And why did the Secret Service change the safety protocol a few weeks before the shooting? Was that why the officers didn't go storming in? Was that one of the changes?

This had me scratching my head too, but if it really was the Secret Service, then why haven't we heard anything about who they were, and why were they there.

a reply to: Boadicea

I was just trying to make sense of what she said. If it was a bullet hole in the wall near the broken glass, then that would imply that a shot came from outside the building, or from inside the room at an angle that was close to the wall that the windows were at. Either way, why would she have been in the room where the shooter was at firing their gun before realizing that the active shooter situation was real?

edit on 26-2-2018 by Guyfriday because: Cleaned up post a little

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Excellent compilation of troubling facts (or lack thereof) in this case.

I would add the 20 minute delay in the videos the police thought they were viewing in real time. How does that even possibly happen???

'Communica tion failure' led to 20-minute delay in school shooting video, chief says

Police searching for Nikolas Cruz desperately needed to know where he was at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, as students cowered behind locked doors. But their colleagues looking at security monitors in another building fed them wrong information because they didn’t realize — or didn’t convey — that they were watching a recording rather than a live feed, Chief Tony Pustizzi said.

The “communication failure” led police to believe they were tracking the shooter in real time, when in fact they were seeing footage from 20 minutes earlier, the chief said.

Cruz had already killed 17 and fled.

It doesn't say how long it took for everyone to figure out the mistake.

The article refers to a Broadcastify transcript... I'm going to see if I can find that.

ETA: I didn't find a full transcript, but I did find this:

Police scanner traffic from the streaming website Broadcastify detailed what police thought was happening at 2:54 p.m. on February 14:

"They are monitoring the subject right now," one person says. "He went from the third floor to the second floor. He may have a gas mask on now. Stand by for further. They're monitoring him on camera."

Security footage from school massacre scene was on 26-minute delay

edit on 26-2-2018 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I was just trying to make sense of what she said. If it was a bullet hole in the wall near the broken glass, then that would imply that a shot came from outside the building, or from inside the room at an angle that was close to the wall that the windows were at. Either way, why would she have been in the room where the shooter was at firing their gun before realizing that the active shooter situation was real?

I really don't know what to make of that either. It doesn't make sense.

Much like the girl claiming she was on her way to the bathrooms on the second floor when she sees the shooter... did she not hear the fire alarm? Not hear the shooting on the first floor? But suddenly the school is on lockdown and she can't get back into any room?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

"They are monitoring the subject right now," one person says. "He went from the third floor to the second floor. He may have a gas mask on now. Stand by for further. They're monitoring him on camera."

so another confirmation of him or someone wearing a mask. So once again, how do they know it was him behind the mask.
If the girl going to the bathroom is to be believed, and she recognised him, so he was not wearing a mask, then more than one shooter scenario would be a logical conclusion, one masked doing most or all of the shooting, and Cruz being set up, maybe having been told he would be part of a drill scenario. Not like that has never happened before.

Regarding the bullet next to the window. Maybe it was one fired through the classroom door or window in the door, so it only had enough momentum to crack the window and bounce off, rather than going through it, to then land on the floor?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: face23785

....so he's interviewing her at 9:32pm.

No...

David tried to stay calm and help others. The classroom had two doors: if the shooter entered one, he thought, they could escape through another.

But he knew that might not be enough. "I realised I may not survive," he says. "It was going through everybody's minds at some point."

After around an hour, five members of a police Swat team burst into the classroom. They told people to get down, and put their hands up.

When they were allowed to stand up, they walked out of the classroom, then started running. Their hands were still in the air.

"At this time, they hadn't eradicated the suspect," says David. "We didn't know that, but they didn't have him. We were quite frankly running for our lives."

When he reached safety, David says he felt "shock - pure shellshock". He found his dad, and his sister. One of her friends was killed.

Link

So, not 9:32 p.m. They were allegedly in the closet about an hour.

ETA: I just noticed you meant they weren't hiding anymore...that they had just gathered in some other school in a small closet area with a visible classroom in the background, to talk about gun control after the shooting was over.

You cannot be serious.

You're not looking closely enough. The FIRST girl he interviews is in the closet, and he doesn't identify what time it is but it's purportedly while they're still hiding and the active shooter situation is still ongoing.

THEN the video changes to just showing clips of the media coverage of the shooting and he begins interviewing another girl, and states it is 9:32. He doesn't say AM or PM. The background noise is noticeably different. There's no indication that they're still in the closet or what time of day it is. Given that they're speaking at pretty much normal volume, I have a hard time believing they're still hiding from the shooter. The only logical conclusion is that it's later on that evening, after the situation is over. The only reason to assume it's at 9:32am is if you want there to be a conspiracy. There's no indication it's 9:32am, none whatsoever.
edit on 26 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

so another confirmation of him or someone wearing a mask.

And this is pretty darn convincing, since it is police identifying him as possibly wearing a mask. Though it's odd that they weren't more definite about it, only that he "may" be wearing a mask "now." Why the wiggle room? Either he was wearing it, putting it on, taking it off, or what???

So once again, how do they know it was him behind the mask.

In the big picture, they don't -- and neither do we. Even if they saw Cruz put on or take off a mask, thus able to identify him, what's to say there wasn't another masked shooter? Is it possible that another shooter escaped the same way Cruz is described as escaping?

If the girl going to the bathroom is to be believed, and she recognised him, so he was not wearing a mask, then more than one shooter scenario would be a logical conclusion, one masked doing most or all of the shooting, and Cruz being set up, maybe having been told he would be part of a drill scenario. Not like that has never happened before.

I think it would have been very very easy to set Cruz up. I've even read multiple reports that he would do whatever anyone told him to do... and then there are the reports that he heard "demons" in his head telling him how to carry out the attack.... and it would seem the attack was well planned for maximum carnage. But is Cruz capable of thinking this up? I really don't know. I haven't really seen anything that speaks to his intelligence or aptitudes.

And I still cannot rule out another shooter. In fact, much of what doesn't make sense with Cruz as the lone gunman makes much more sense with a multiple shooter scenario.

But presuming Cruz is just a patsy and was set up to take the fall, and someone else actually planned and executed the shooting, who??? And why??? I don't like the answers I'm coming up with.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Check the vid I posted on page 6, it shows the interview with a lot more clarity. Post is second from the bottom of the page.

previous post

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That makes it even more clear. The background is totally different in the recording where he says it's 9:32. It's clearly not taken at the same time as the first 2 clips. The most logical conclusion is that it's later on that day, 9:32pm.

I honestly don't see how so many people are fooled by this. I guess when you just really want to believe there's some kind of conspiracy, you won't pay enough attention to notice these details.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oh wow.

Florida school shooter called cops HIMSELF

Cruz called authorities just after Thanksgiving, saying he had been in a fight and was struggling with the death of his mother. 'The thing is I lost my mother a couple of weeks ago, so like I am dealing with a bunch of things right now,' he told police

There is an audio recording at the link.

This is apparently about a fight with the family who initially took him in after his mother died. Cruz states that he was angry and punching walls, and someone attacked him and threw him out. He is calling police from a nearby park he ran to. Cruz tells the operator that the family has guns in the house. (The family claims they told Cruz he either had to give up his guns or leave because they didn't want guns in their home)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
More information about the shooting rampage:

Legislators say they are haunted by what they saw at Parkland school

And they imagined the horror of what could have been — when the gunman attempted to shoot out the hurricane-proof windows of the third-floor teacher’s lounge over the courtyard, in an apparent effort to have a sniper’s vantage point to gun down hundreds of students fleeing below.

Cruz fired several rounds, but the windows wouldn’t break, so the gunman dropped his rifle on the stairwell, removed his flak vest to reveal his “Stoneman Douglas” shirt, and went outside where he joined the parade of fleeing students streaming onto the football field, the legislators said. He had five 30-round magazines that were not used, the lawmakers said. He could have continued to shoot.

“If he had been able to breach those windows, he would have had hundreds of more victims,” Simpson said.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The only logical conclusion is that it's later on that evening, after the situation is over. The only reason to assume it's at 9:32am is if you want there to be a conspiracy. There's no indication it's 9:32am, none whatsoever.

Oh, of course. It cannot possibly be because the video appears to have been filmed while they were inside the school and David Hogg claims the 'interviews' took place during the shooting:

It's me though.

BTW, I am going to assume the reason you have no suspicions whatsoever, too.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The only logical conclusion is that it's later on that evening, after the situation is over. The only reason to assume it's at 9:32am is if you want there to be a conspiracy. There's no indication it's 9:32am, none whatsoever.

Oh, of course. It cannot possibly be because the video appears to have been filmed while they were inside the school and David Hogg claims the 'interviews' took place during the shooting:

It's me though.

BTW, I am going to assume the reason you have no suspicions whatsoever, too.

There are several interviews in the video. The interview where he says it's 9:32 does not claim that it's during the shooting. It's lumped in with other video that's apparently taken during the shooting, but the ambient noise in the one where he says it's 9:32 is totally different and the students are talking in normal voice instead of whispering. What part of that interview makes you think it's 9:32am and that it's during the shooting? Pointing to parts of other interviews to prove when the "it's 9:32" interview was done doesn't prove anything of the sort.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

There are several interviews in the video. The interview where he says it's 9:32 does not claim that it's during the shooting. It's lumped in with other video that's apparently taken during the shooting, but the ambient noise in the one where he says it's 9:32 is totally different and the students are talking in normal voice instead of whispering. What part of that interview makes you think it's 9:32am and that it's during the shooting? Pointing to parts of other interviews to prove when the "it's 9:32" interview was done doesn't prove anything of the sort.

Scenes from inside the closet are shown during that portion of the video. Since they weren't in the closet at 9:32 p.m. -- or even in the school -- 9:32 a.m. is the only logical conclusion.

However, I do happen to suspect -- now that I have seen more of the edited video -- that it was edited to make it appear that 'Alex View' was concerned with changing her views on gun control while hiding in a school closet during an active shooting.

Not much more palatable and I still think one of the many news outlets David Hogg spoke with should do their due diligence and simply ASK him if he edited the video to make it appear that way.

"For dramatic effect."

edit on 2/26/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That makes it even more clear. The background is totally different in the recording where he says it's 9:32. It's clearly not taken at the same time as the first 2 clips. The most logical conclusion is that it's later on that day, 9:32pm.

I honestly don't see how so many people are fooled by this. I guess when you just really want to believe there's some kind of conspiracy, you won't pay enough attention to notice these details.

Dude, if anyone is fooled it is because David Hogg OR SOMEONE ELSE edited the video to place the *later* interview in the middle of other footage from inside the closet and then packaged it for public consumption as 'interviews recorded during the shooting.'

Blame David Hogg for never clearing that up and anyone else involved in the effort to *fool* people.

edit on 2/26/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Dude, if anyone is fooled it is because David Hogg OR SOMEONE ELSE edited the video to place the *later* interview in the middle of other footage from inside the closet and then packaged it for public consumption as 'interviews recorded during the shooting.'

Blame David Hogg for never clearing that up and anyone else involved in the effort to *fool* people.

I'm not blaming anyone. If someone edited the video to give that impression, I most certainly do blame them for trying to mislead people. However, for anyone to jump to the conclusion that the interview in question is at 9:32am, before the shooting took place, and it never even enters your mind that that's just another interview from 9:32pm when they would surely still be talking about it since it just happened to them 7 hours prior... I mean, honestly, how do you think people draw that conclusion?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm not blaming anyone. If someone edited the video to give that impression, I most certainly do blame them for trying to mislead people. However, for anyone to jump to the conclusion that the interview in question is at 9:32am, before the shooting took place, and it never even enters your mind that that's just another interview from 9:32pm when they would surely still be talking about it since it just happened to them 7 hours prior... I mean, honestly, how do you think people draw that conclusion?

I see windows with daylight streaming through them in the video!!! Sorry, I assumed 9:32 a.m. instead of p.m.

There's still no official word on it though. Maybe you are wrong.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

However, I do happen to suspect -- now that I have seen more of the edited video -- that it was edited to make it appear that 'Alex View' was concerned with changing her views on gun control while hiding in a school closet during an active shooting.

That was my initial conclusion. The point of the video is the student's reactions to the shooting wanting more gun control. It's not meant as chronological documentation. He took some video during the incident of a few student's reactions, followed by his own summary. Later he got another student's reaction supporting the earlier two and inserted it in before his original summary. Videos are produced like this all the time. Movies, documentaries, tv shows, almost nothing is shot in chronological order.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I see windows with daylight streaming through them in the video!!! Sorry, I assumed 9:32 a.m. instead of p.m.

There's still no official word on it though. Maybe you are wrong.

Oh. My. God.

The images on the video are during the incident. The interview where he says it's 9:32 doesn't have accompanying visuals, it's overlayed over different video. In one video it's overlayed over news coverage, in another video it's overlayed over video he took during the shooting.

ETA: The video where the audio of the interview where he says it's 9:32, the video that it's overlayed over is in slow motion at one point. It's obviously not audio/video taken simultaneously. The audio is separate and it's been overlayed over video from during the incident.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The point of the video is the student's reactions to the shooting wanting more gun control. It's not meant as chronological documentation.

Oh...yes it was.

These were purported interviews that *chronologically* took place DURING the shooting and not AFTER. That's how David Hogg's video was advertised to the public.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join