It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the arrest report on the Florida shooting suspect

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yes it does seem crazy in these times and even crazier that total lock down during school hours and (perhaps) metal detectors seem to be the only real answer to the problem. The only solution that I personally can see anyway.
I believe that the 'buzzing' in at the elementary schools was due to the problem of non custodial parent pick ups and creepers/pedos to be sure and that it NOW is protection from these kids killing kids scenarios is a bonus.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yeah, I regularly hear gunfire in the hills where I live, hunters firing en masse. And it's baffling trying to guess which direction they are in. Even when you know they're over there, depending where you stand, it can sound like they're in a different direction. Depending on how the sound is bouncing around.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Yes it does seem crazy in these times and even crazier that total lock down during school hours and (perhaps) metal detectors seem to be the only real answer to the problem. The only solution that I personally can see anyway.
I believe that the 'buzzing' in at the elementary schools was due to the problem of non custodial parent pick ups and creepers/pedos to be sure and that it NOW is protection from these kids killing kids scenarios is a bonus.

Even if you have metal detectors at the entrance, there will always be ways into a building with a gun. Leave a window open. Smash a window. Toss a bag over a fence and retrieve it later. Or just shoot your way past the metal detector point.

Metal detectors and more security won't stop it.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Not trying to dispute there could have been several ones but consider this:

If you fire a gun in an enclosed area (building, hallway) the shockwave (sonic boom if not subsonic ammunition) will travel into the direction the gun is pointed. If you stand in the middle of an hallway that is enclosed by classrooms and say fire down the hall and then turn around 180° and fire another shot, an outsider will hear different locations.

The difference can be an open window somewhere, too. You can´t trust your directional hearing in a situation like this.

This sounds good but cant really come near explaining, as the story goes, that a young woman said she was talking to the dude and heard shots coming from elsewhere. Echo ect cant explain that.

Also with your gun range look.....a single shot is still heard as a single shot. Shots are not ambient.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Even if you have metal detectors at the entrance, there will always be ways into a building with a gun. Leave a window open. Smash a window. Toss a bag over a fence and retrieve it later. Or just shoot your way past the metal detector point.

Very true. And all a metal detector would do is alert you as the perp walks in with the gun. At that point it's already too late.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: verschickter
Not trying to dispute there could have been several ones but consider this:

If you fire a gun in an enclosed area (building, hallway) the shockwave (sonic boom if not subsonic ammunition) will travel into the direction the gun is pointed. If you stand in the middle of an hallway that is enclosed by classrooms and say fire down the hall and then turn around 180° and fire another shot, an outsider will hear different locations.

The difference can be an open window somewhere, too. You can´t trust your directional hearing in a situation like this.

This sounds good but cant really come near explaining, as the story goes, that a young woman said she was talking to the dude and heard shots coming from elsewhere. Echo ect cant explain that.

Also with your gun range look.....a single shot is still heard as a single shot. Shots are not ambient.

She could've been mistaken about who she was talking to. Or her memory of the timeline is just jumbled. As several folks have pointed out, memory can be very unreliable in situations like this.

ETA: Also, how many mistaken incidents have we seen where someone thought they heard a gunshot and all they heard was something falling or being dropped or a door slamming? There's all kinds of explanations. The fact that she's an anomaly and there's not a bunch of people reporting 2 shooters is most telling to me. There were hundreds of people in the school. If there were 2 shooters more than 2 or 3 people would be aware of it.
edit on 25 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I suppose that you're right.
I imagine I am just feeling frustrated at the helplessness/no light at the end of the tunnel of it all.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

At this point in time, not having armed security should be considered criminal neglect.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The solution to this is simple. Find out if she was talking to a guy with a gun in his hand while hearing shots elsewhere.

But probably the best way is to get a crime scene map of where the dead were found.

edit on 25-2-2018 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

And maybe more home schooling or online learning. I wanted to homeschool my kids, but neither my kids nor my husband wanted it, so I didn't push it and it didn't happen. But if I were raising my kids today, you can bet it would be an entirely different conversation!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The solution to this is simple. Find out if she was talking to a guy with a gun in his hand while hearing shots elsewhere.

But probably the best way is to get a crime scene map of where the dead were found.

How would you find that out if not from her memory? You could ask the shooter, but is there any reason to believe he's trustworthy, or that his memory is any better? He's certainly got some kind of mental illness.

Unless she was caught on camera talking to him, and the camera has sound, and you can hear gunshots from another location while she's on camera talking to him, I don't think it's as simple as you think.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

And maybe more home schooling or online learning. I wanted to homeschool my kids, but neither my kids nor my husband wanted it, so I didn't push it and it didn't happen. But if I were raising my kids today, you can bet it would be an entirely different conversation!

There are many benefits to homeschooling, especially now when technology has made it a lot simpler.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No mention of the other police dept that entered the school before broward county police.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Arrest report?

I find it hard to take any official statement at face value anymore. The authorities don't have much credibility after Sandy Hook, Las Vegas and 911.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

How would you find that out if not from her memory? You could ask the shooter, but is there any reason to believe he's trustworthy, or that his memory is any better? He's certainly got some kind of mental illness.

Unless she was caught on camera talking to him, and the camera has sound, and you can hear gunshots from another location while she's on camera talking to him, I don't think it's as simple as you think.

You would have to establish that her memory is flawed. We just cant assume as you have done that her memory is faulty at this early point.
edit on 25-2-2018 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

My partner's kids are all grown now, either in college or out on their own. They all went to the same high school though at one time or the other. It is a completely open campus. I have on numerous occasions driven to that school to drop them off or pick them up. It's on a main busy street in town. You can walk on campus from any direction, unimpeded.

The kids regularly leave school. Only Juniors or Seniors are supposedly allowed to leave during the day if they have a permission slip from a parent. But in reality, they come and go on a regular basis. I know because when my partner's oldest was enrolled there, he routinely left campus as soon as we were out of sight. I've seen an SRO several times but there is no way this particular campus can be protected unless they hire at least 10 security guards. There at so many points of access there.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am reading he apparently went on a killing spree, then went and murdered a big mac afterwards.

Why is that left out of the report?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Some valid questions, for sure. Another interpretation of "shooting students that he saw in the hallways and on the school grounds" could mean hallways and classrooms. I agree with you that it sounds like it means outdoors but classrooms are also "school grounds". Maybe it was just poorly worded.

As far as the mask and helmet, if it were only one witness, it's possible he was hysterical. During moments of terror and assaults on your senses, people see things. It happens. Time gets funny, you might see people from your past, sounds don't always make sense, etc. If more than just the one teacher reports seeing a mask and helmet, I'd say it deserves a second look, though.

But so far I've yet to see one of these shootings where everything adds up neatly. Chaos is reflected in conflicting accounts and implausible aftermaths.

We can't expect nightmares to always make sense when we wake up, you know.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Immediately after the school shooting, first the media and then law enforcement spokes people stated that there were 17 deaths and unknown victims at that time. They stated this until up into the night. Next day, I heard from news organizations and law enforcement that 2 more victims had died during the night in the hospital and the death total was - wait for it - 17.

Now, I can believe that with all the total confusion that encompassed the scene, the death and victim counts could be anything until order and calm could start to come back.

But a sheriff stating the death counts, probably given to him by the coroner, who has to pronounce the dead ones dead and they will be left where they lay as found, shouldn't have the information skewed that bad, do you?

And, whats so special about the number 17?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

There are many benefits to homeschooling, especially now when technology has made it a lot simpler.

This is so true. Online schooling as well. Both can be tailored to fit the needs of the individual students -- both their strengths and their weaknesses.

I think the brick-and-mortars will always have a place, but if they are used less for daily instruction, then their purposes could be expanded in related areas.

I just see it as a win-win for everyone -- IF done wisely and in a practical manner.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join