It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Called to School Because ‘Math Symbol Looked like a Gun’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hmmm, still looks like a gun. Just someone leaned it up against the wall.

We should start a list of banned symbols.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think it´s mostly city kids and later grown ups that think milk comes from trees and meat is grown in factories. This is a recent development. Those that find out and are utterly shocked are becoming hardcore vegans.

Don´t get me wrong, I like vegans. But I could never eat a whole one at once.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I think it´s mostly city kids and later grown ups that think milk comes from trees and meat is grown in factories.

And the police should now be called to investigate math problems.

IDIOCRACY!

If people didn't believe it before.

When will they ever?
edit on 25-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JustaBill

Because my parents still live here, and they’re getting elderly and don’t want to move. So, I’m sticking close to them.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: JustaBill

Because my parents still live here, and they’re getting elderly and don’t want to move. So, I’m sticking close to them.

I understand. I take care of my mom 24/7 and even though it's taxing it's also rewarding. I am sure it gives them peace of mind knowing you are/will be there for them if needed or to just spend time with them. I wish you and them many many great years together.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Kaylaluv watches hockey all the time. Go Dallas Stars!!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And the police should now be called to investigate math problems.

After investigation....did they solve the problem? How many math problems go unsolved every year!?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
"Back in my days" you were shown where the meat came from, this ment seeing an animal being slaughtered, like it happens since thousands of years. Guarenteed, there was way less waste and respect for what you eat, back then.

Only recently we have this type of people who´s only concern in childhood was how to get the newest toy, what for christmas, what clothes you wear and what makes you superior over others.

And that´s basically the gist of what I get from such people. They take this need for attention and superiorness into every topic.

You eat meat? Killer.
You are not agains guns? Killer.
You speak up against Antifa? Nazi.
You ain´t getting the newest smartphone? How 2000....
You do not wear newest shoes? Poor soul.
You drink milk / eat milk products? It´s poison don´t you know that silly?
You dislike rainbows? Transgender hater.

Basically you meet such persons in cities, out of touch with reality. They live in their bubble and even though they act as if they are respectful of others opinions, they despise them hiddenly.

Not to say everyone there of course, but a small portion. They scream so loud, it makes up for 10x the amount. I think a "vacation" on a farm would do them good. In terms of learning hard work and how long they will survive without suplements, exotic fruit and all that.

Then they can go back to the citie, be hip, vegan or whatever but learn that they don´t have a clue and leave others alone with their often unasked opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
In order to avoid such issues in the future, I propose changing the square root symbol.

My suggestions (in no particular order)

They all look dangerous to me.
Especially the kitten.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You come over as a privileged, feminist hardcore liberal that has lost touch with reality. 

I would think you would wear that as a badge of courage.
Maybe you are swinging to the right.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Ah please go away, you´re not even on topic! You´re just helping out someone in your perceived team and looking for an unimportant argument to feed your ego.

I am stepping in because I think you are taking advantage of the other members good nature. As for the rest of your post, pure bs.

It's amazing that people have to just make things up and make such broad assumptions.

Tis normal these days. People seem to lack the ability to properly debate/converse.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed, but this kid isn’t the only one who has shot up a school.

It gives a new lense to evaluate "whats changed?" though.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Gentle Reminder.....

An opposing viewpoint is NOT a valid reason to complain & It takes two to tango
This is a discussion board and that means there is more than one view to issues.
And that means we MUST respect the views of others.
And that means no name-calling.
And that means to stay on topic......and not bickering......

Community Announcement re: Decorum
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: introvert

You come over as a privileged, feminist hardcore liberal that has lost touch with reality. 

I would think you would wear that as a badge of courage.
Maybe you are swinging to the right.

I did not say that. They call it a quote feature for a reason.

I was quoting someone else.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Kaylaluv watches hockey all the time. Go Dallas Stars!!

Then you must not be nearly as intimidated and afraid and upset with life the universe and everything in it as all that.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Am I afraid of a square root symbol? Nope, never said I was.

What I said was:

1. We don’t know EXACTLY what was said by this particular kid

2. In an environment of heightened sensitivity, considering a mass shooting of a high school took place one week before, I am not shocked that people (other kids, teachers, police force) may have over-reacted in this particular case

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

I called the cops because a plant was flowering out of season. They showed up and apprehended the criminal subject. I feel so safe knowing they show up just because ya call.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
darn, the link in butcherguys post to see the arrest warrant isn't working. I'm very curious to know how this was all processed and justified by the police. Did a judge give them a warrant to search the kid's family home or was that voluntary?

With the information we have so far, it wasn't so much about the math symbol but a comment the kid made in regards to it looking like a gun. I want to know WHO called the police and WHAT made the police go to these extremes, besides I guess the general craziness going on right now regarding the most recent school shooting. It's so heartbreaking on many levels seeing these well meaning kids being used as pawns, IMO.

Until you've had the police bust into your home and search it because of mis-information I can't even begin to explain how scary and unsettling that is. You're never really the same and your trust in police is heavily eroded. I don't know how it was handled in this case, but if they barged in , guns drawn, barking orders, NOT explaining WHY they are even there, it's TERRIFYING !! In my case, for those curious, my BF had been in a fight with a drunk jerk, and kicked his ass, the next day the guy filed assault charges against my BF. The police couldn't find his house, so they came to my house and THEN FORCED me to take them to his house, took away my cell phone when I tried to call him. He was arrested without incident, marched down the street in his boxers, they wouldn't let me talk to him or get his dog they had let out and was running down the street trying to follow the police car they took him away in.
The charges were dismissed and his neighbor grabbed the dog.

Sorry, after all these years this incident still upsets me deeply. Aside from what seems to be the ridiculousness of the complaint to begin with, I'm just as concerned with that complaint leading to a search of the kid's family home.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

According to the sheriff, nobody busted into the home to do a search and seizure. They just sent a couple of deputies to knock on the door and ask a few questions to make sure this wasn't a real issue.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Until you've had the police bust into your home and search it because of mis-information

You've heard of Swatting.

Now it's Mathing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join