It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Called to School Because ‘Math Symbol Looked like a Gun’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I agree. I'd love to live someplace like Canada where I can go to a mall or a movie theater or a church or an outdoor music concert, and my kid can go to school without worrying if there's going to be a shooting today.

So, what's stopping you? Seriously.

What. Is. Stopping. You.?

Paranoid is not logical. People need to keep their senses about them. It's imperative.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
a reply to: badw0lf

At a stretch Pi certainly does look gun like .

My recommendation is to preface all math
symbols with wholesome words i.e Apple Pi
Sweet potato square root .. etc

I'm think Pi looks like Trump's hair...

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

You haven't read the whole thread, have you?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Nobody here is paying attention. Several posters have pointed out that the kid said something more than just "this square root symbol looks like a gun". We don't know what he said because it hasn't been released. The sheriff said that it was enough for him to send out a couple of deputies to the kid's house to ask a few questions. They did that and ascertained he wasn't a true threat.

We don't know what was said, so how could we make a judgement call that it was the "tiniest thing"?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Nobody here is paying attention. Several posters have pointed out that the kid said something more than just "this square root symbol looks like a gun". We don't know what he said because it hasn't been released. The sheriff said that it was enough for him to send out a couple of deputies to the kid's house to ask a few questions. They did that and ascertained he wasn't a true threat.

We don't know what was said, so how could we make a judgement call that it was the "tiniest thing"?

Was clearly stated the house was searched, so there's that......I don't buy the story you believe. As you have fairly stated we don't know the exact facts in this case...so we will see, hopefully not too late.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Chadwickus posted another article that says differently.

The whole notion that there was a SWAT raid over a math symbol is absurd," Hebert told PJM. "I got a call from a KPLC that they had a serious threat of a shooting at the school, so we went to the house to verify. There was no search warrant, we just sent two [deputies] to knock on the door," chuckled Hebert. "This is a small parish and everybody knows everybody and we found out very quickly there was no crime and no threat."

pjmedia.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm still not sure which is more absurd:

1. The notion that a square root sign led to this in the first place on many levels.

2. The notion that you are so paranoid you will claim to live in terrible fear.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

1. But apparently it wasn’t just the square root sign that led to the police checking the kid out.

2. You mean like the paranoid fear you guys have of a refugee killing everyone when refugees haven’t killed anyone here in how long? Or the paranoid fear you guys have that some guy will dress like a woman and sneak into the girl’s room to peak or rape, so we can’t let law abiding trans people use the public restroom that fits them best?

Pot; kettle - you know the drill.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thank the media for the absurd amount of hysteria.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The whole notion that there was a SWAT raid over a math symbol is absurd," Hebert told PJM. "I got a call from a KPLC that they had a serious threat of a shooting at the school, so we went to the house to verify. There was no search warrant, we just sent two [deputies] to knock on the door," chuckled Hebert. "This is a small parish and everybody knows everybody and we found out very quickly there was no crime and no threat."

pjmedia.com...

Doesn't change the fact someone called the police about a math symbol and the police investigated and searched a kids house because of.... A frigging math symbol.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

pjmedia.com...

Doesn't change the fact someone called the police about a math symbol and the police investigated and searched a kids house because of.... A frigging math symbol.

Nope. That’s not the fact. The fact is several kids were talking about how the symbol looked like a gun. Several kids weren’t checked out. Only one kid was checked out, because he said something else during the conversation. What he said exactly - we don’t know.

The other fact is, according to the sheriff, the kid’s house was not searched. The kid was questioned and deemed not to be a threat.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Semantics my dear, semantics.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Just don’t want to admit you were wrong, huh.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

What are you on about, I'm not wrong .

I have a question for you...

1. Did the police investigate the use of a math symbol used in a classroom at school?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

You'll be waiting for an irrational amount of time

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

What are you on about, I'm not wrong .

I have a question for you...

1. Did the police investigate the use of a math symbol used in a classroom at school?

Not according to the sheriff in charge. Did you read the article I linked from Chadwickus?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's not fact.

Gossiping and Chinese whispers is what made someone call the cops.

A bit of due diligence was done and the rest is media hype.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yep, Gossip, Chinese whispers and a math symbol.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I know its pretty shi**y to be worried you are going to be shot up every time you go out in public these days. That much I know.

And that's not really something to worry about, is it? What are the odds of it happening to you?

I was born and raised in an area with very, very high incidences of gang violence. At the hospital, we joked that Friday and Saturday nights in the ER were the Guns and Knives Club. There wasn't a weekend that went by were there wasn't a stabbing or shooting or someone getting the stuffing beat out of him over drugs or gang activity. Despite that, I never once feared for my life when out and about.

Living in fear of something happening where the odds are unlikely is no way to live. For every gun shooting in a school in the US, there are thousands and thousands of schools nationwide where nothing at all happens. You're more likely to get hit crossing the street on foot, or of having a car accident. Hell, even taking a shower is far more dangerous because slips in the tub is one of the leading causes of accidental death in the home.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: EternalSolace

You'll be waiting for an irrational amount of time

I'll be waiting for the shooter to run out of bullets, or to shoot themselves in the face before law enforcement steps in.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join