It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any electricians here?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A babyphone/something similar that uses the house wiring to get it´s signal across the rooms?

Now here at work we have 130,000V incoming line
We have computer (PLC) Programable Logic Control
Controling both end off the line
This is done by adding the info on top off that line instant com both end
been doing this for at lease 30 year or more

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I also peed on a wire,- for science.

It was in my yard, had a black coating on it.

An angry dog was attached to it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Vasa Croe
I was wondering why you ask...

Do you get strange noises out of a babyphone/something similar that uses the house wiring to get it´s signal across the rooms? Maybe some kind of powerline adapter?

If so, yes, it is possible that the whole neighborhood can listen to your conversations while those non-wireless babyphones are on, if they have a similar appliance that listens for those overlayed frequencies on the wires.

You can get a filter kit to prevent this from happening.

Isn't that only when both monitors are on the same phase (L1,L2 orL3)?

Here in the Netherlands an entire neighbourhood is connected to a 10Kv substation incl. street lights. They send a 97Hz frequency to switch the street lights on/off and I can pick this signal up in my house...

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 26 Feb 2018 06:41:30 -0600am284120182 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
Do you pick it up on your osciloscope?

You´re correct, it only works if you´re on the same phase (see my last post on page 2), but the breakers do not stop this signal from leaving your internal installation (like someone wrote). If the sender babyfon is powerfull enough, it can reach the neighbors very easy. If they use a babyfon that listens in or near that range, it´s going to pick up the signal from the other house.

I know someone who had a door intercom that picked up the signal from the neighbors babyfon. Sometimes it would ring, sometimes you could hear conversations from the neighbor at the front doors speaker. If the line was open (handheld part inside was not hanged in correctly for example). Pretty creepy

I guess that the street light switching signal is distributed over all three phases because of load-balancing. In my region some houses are still connected through rooftop masts, often there is a 5th line (besides L1,L2,L3, PEN) that is used for the street lights.

If you have a meter that is capable of metering different rates, like day/night, they listen for that kind of signal, too. Also, regulating smaller powerplants like wind / solar farms, BHKWs over those frequencies was done for a long time like that but now they are progressing to radio waves. 129kHz and 139kHz for example.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join