It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nunes Memo Is Fake and the Russia Scandal Is Very Real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
New talking points!

Excellent!

Nice to see that one side of this can get their people to quite quickly change the narrative and get it out to their flock of deceivers.

It gets harder and harder to try and bury the truth ... but the truth will prevail.

Your new narrative breaks apart once the dates are discussed.

Typical and expected rubbish.

P

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'd give it a few days for the MSM to build their narrative, then Trump will declassify the FISA warrant.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
he said, she said

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Did the Justice Department rely on the Christopher Steele memo in order to surveil Carter Page? No, it did not. The FBI opened its counterintelligence investigation in July 2016. It received the Steele memo in September:

Statement that they knew nothing about the Steele dossier.

More importantly, when applying for permits to surveil Carter Page, the DOJ did not hide Steele’s political motivations. It made clear he was working for a candidate opposed to Trump:

So they thought that was a good idea? To let someone so completely opposed to Trump that he would break his integrity to make sure Trump would not get elected. Well at least they didn't lie about it. That is proof that they intentionally put someone on the case that would lie. Not a very bright DOJ imho.

So, while the evidence that the DOJ has been corrupt or even sloppy in its investigation has disintegrated, evidence for the seriousness of the investigation itself has grown progressively stronger.

Oh it is serious all right. They just admitted to putting someone on the case:
1. Who is completely opposed to Trump, and by his own emails, he only cares about stopping Trump from being elected.
2. The DOJ intentionally, put him on the case, knowing this.
So yeah it is more serious than they obviously think.

The president, at minimum, chose to surround himself with people deeply susceptible to Russian leverage. The Republican party has decided, for the most part, that it does not care to find out the answer.

And what kind of susceptible people did they want Trump to surround himself with. People who were susceptible to the UK? Germany? Japan? Saudi? Iran? I wonder why they didn't care about the susceptibility of the people previous Presidents surrounded themselves with.

What do they think is happening is Government Politics? lol. Serious indeed.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: carewemust

Actually trump will never release the primary documents that prove he is lying..

That is why he didn’t just release them in the first place..

Yep. That is what lost the left the election. You are not thinking far enough ahead.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?!!!

Lmao..

Can’t think of a good lie for your orange god . So just change the topic completely!!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Lmao..

Can’t think of a good lie for your orange god . So just change the topic completely!!

Change the topic? Me? Not so much. I was referencing your saying he didn't release the documents that proved he was lying.

You see, I don't expect you to understand what he is doing and why he is doing it, I am trying to point out that your sense of reasoning is like the reasoning of the left during the campaign. I am actually trying to help you understand that he is 5 steps ahead of the left. But, as you were, I can only point it out to you, I can't understand it for you.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Lmao..

Change the topic? Me? Not so much. I was referencing your saying he didn't release the documents that proved he was lying.

You see, I don't expect you to understand what he is doing and why he is doing it, I am trying to point out that your sense of reasoning is like the reasoning of the left during the campaign. I am actually trying to help you understand that he is 5 steps ahead of the left. But, as you were, I can only point it out to you, I can't understand it for you.

Trump is "the greatest" at pretty much everything... we should know this because he says so, regularly.

Of course thats just another of his lies, the guy is a buffoon.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Lmao..

Look, I love you brother, but you do realize that when you say things like this, it tends to immediately give the impression that you are an 8-year-old that is squalling because someone stole his favorite teddy bear.

It also makes it pretty much impossible to take ANYTHING you post seriously. Are you aware of that?

Orange god...?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY? How old are you, 12?

I realize that this is the mud pit, but are you simply mentally and physically incapable of speaking as an adult?

Are you even remotely capable of participating in a discussion without resorting to childish personal insults?

I'm not at all trying to dis you friend. In fact, I'm actually trying to help. Do you really believe that it somehow helps your argument? It doesn't. It just comes off like a child that didn't get they're way.

"But, but, but, remember when right-wingers always said Hussein looked like Curious George with those ears!!"

Yeah. And you know what? They looked just as silly. In reality there was only a slight resemblance.

In the event that you actually ARE an 8-year-old, nevermind. I apologize. Now go to your room. The adults are talking.
edit on 25-2-2018 by MteWamp because: add

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
The moon landings were faked and the WTC was destroyed by death rays from space.

Finally you admit the truth!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Let's look at what the GOP has to say about that...

CHARGE: “Christopher Steele’s raw intelligence reporting did not inform the FBI’s
decision to initiate its counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016.” (p. 1)

RESPONSE: As stated in the declassified GOP memo on FISA abuse, information about Trump
campaign advisor George Papadopoulos “triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence
investigation in the late July 2016 by FBI agent Peter Strzok.” Once underway, the investigation
was fueled by Christopher Steele’s dossier, which the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal
Bureau of Investigation (FBI) used to get a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant
on Carter Page. DOJ and FBI’s reliance on the DNC- and Clinton-campaign funded dossier in
court filings, not the overall investigation, is the focus of the GOP memo.

CHARGE: The Page FISA application “made only narrow use of information from Steele’s
sources about Page’s specific activities in 2016.” (p. 1)

RESPONSE: Senators Grassley and Graham’s January 4, 2018, criminal referral of Steele
confirms that “the bulk of the application consists of allegations against Page that were disclosed
to the FBI by Mr. Steele and are also outlined in the Steele dossier.” Moreover, the Steele
dossier was the FBI’s only source for the allegations in the initial application that Page met with
particular Russians in July 2016.

I think you're confused. The "counterintelligence investigation" on Papadopolous started in July and the October warrant application was for Page. I think you're confusing two different matters.

If I'm not mistaken, all previous FISA warrants for Page ended in 2013 and didn't pick back up again until October 21, 2016.

Yes, the OP is mightily confused, or perhaps is just clinging to the Democrat memo for some comfort. Unfortunately the Democrat memo refutes none of the claims, and even attempts to change some of the claims (!), in the House Intelligence memo. As you point out, for example, the HI memo never claimed that the investigation was started because of the dossier, but it's a nice attempt to muddy the waters by Democrats hoping that people forgot what was actually claimed. They also confirmed that the FISA courts were never told that Hillary Clinton and the DNC were involved in the production of the dossier.

Overall the Democrat dossier attempts to muddy the waters and provide some wriggle room. It fails.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The House Intelligence Committee is requesting the APPLICATION and COURT TRANSCRIPTS related to obtaining the FISA spy warrant.

Source: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Once these are obtained, the TRUTH will be known.

Only if the truth helps trump. Otherwise no you won't because that is a top secret court. If the application is on the up and up, which of course it was, it was renewed four different times by four different judges, then you will never see it because it doesn't support trump.
The whole idea that he was spied on needs to die now. The whole idea that there's a secret cabal out to get him needs to be put to bed because it's the ravings of a paranoid person.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

It says in the democratic memo that the FBI didn't get the dossier until September.
Right there on page one.
I quote

Christopher Steele's raw intelligence reporting did not inform the FBI's decision to initiate its counterintelligence investigation in late July. In fact, the FBI's closely held investigative team only received Steele's reporting mid -September-more than seven weeks later. The FBI - and, subsequently, the Special Counsel's- investigation into links between the Russian government and Trump associates has been based on troubling law enforcement and intelligence information unrelated to the "dossier"

edit on 2252018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

I doubt it. Seriously. It will prove the opposite of his irrational claims. Namely that Obama and company spied on him. Which of course they did not.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Screw the flyer circulating Devil Nunes and his memo, The Intercept nailed it weeks ago. Who needs those neolibtard Dixiecats anyway.

Anders added: “Rather than one side or the other cherry-picking facts, all Americans deserve to see all of the facts, including both the minority report and the underlying documents. The goal should be more transparency, not less, particularly when a congressional committee chairman makes serious charges of abuse but does not provide the facts to either prove the charges or allow Americans to make up our own minds.”

NUNES MEMO ACCIDENTALLY CONFIRMS THE LEGITIMACY OF THE FBI’S INVESTIGATION

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

And again I quote from the memo

DOJ cited multiple sources to support the case for surveilling Page - but made only narrow use of information from Steele's sources about Pages specific activities in 2016, chiefly his suspected July meetings in Moscow with Russian officials

They used the dossier only in that it confirmed what they had already suspected, that Page was meeting with high level Russian officials when he went to Moscow in July of 2016.

Ill remind everyone that George Papadopoulos has claimed the dialog at the meeting where he suggested that he could get info from Russia about Clinton included the idea that they send a low level employee to Moscow to sus it out.
Next thing we know Page is off the trump team and on a plane to visit friends in Russia.
I'm not saying the memo confirms that at all but I bet Mueller at least looked down that road.

edit on 2252018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It says in the democratic memo that the FBI didn't get the dossier until September.
Right there on page one.

What's your point? The FISA warrant for Carter Page wasn't issued until October 21, 2016. Once again, you're confusing the July investigation of Papadopolous with the October warrant for Page. While Page may have visited Moscow in July 2016, the warrant wasn't issued for surveillance until October. How many times to I have to point this out?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And again I quote from the memo

DOJ cited multiple sources to support the case for surveilling Page - but made only narrow use of information from Steele's sources about Pages specific activities in 2016, chiefly his suspected July meetings in Moscow with Russian officials

All of the previous sources were outdated and dated back to 2013. It required the trip to Moscow in July 2016 for them to officially be granted the warrant for current surveillance. Remember, the FISA surveillance warrants are only good for 90 days, so they had to have something showing that he did something recently and the trip to Moscow was all they had, but it worked enough to get the warrant they wanted.

Also, it doesn't appear to be that difficult for a judge to sign off on FISA warrants as Comey had us all believe. Out of the 33,900+ applications that have been submitted over the last 33 years, only 11 or 12 applications have ever been denied.

edit on 25-2-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Actually trump will never release the primary documents that prove he is lying..

That is why he didn’t just release them in the first place..

c'mon, the fact that Nunes wouldn't release both of the memos the same time should tell every reasonable person this was BS in the first place....once he only allowed one, it became meaningless

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Not true

Democrats on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence omitted several key facts from their memo on the FBI and Justice Department’s use of the Trump-Russia dossier in applying for a spy warrant on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page in 2016.

The Democrats’ memo, released on Saturday, claimed to refute a similar memo released on Feb. 2 by committee Republicans who alleged that the FBI and DOJ had abused the FISA system in obtaining the warrant. The Democratic memo omitted several key points.

The Democratic memo ignored Republicans’ contention that former FBI Deputy Director Andy McCabe testified in December that the FISA warrant would never have been granted without the infamous dossier, which was commissioned by Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC). McCabe’s testimony was a key point in the Republican memo.

“Amazingly, the Democrat memo does not contain a single reference to the DNC or Clinton campaign, or acknowledge that they funded the dossier, or admit that this information was not provided to the FISA Court.”

www.msn.com...

No one cares about Russia, only that Trump was exonerated of being involved in any conspiracy with them. Now that he's in the clear, no one cares in the least about them. They've been punished, moving on now. All that matters is Mueller's decision: NO CONSPIRACY!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join