It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The family of Colton Haab provided doctored emails with CNN to media outlets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
A news item worthy of it's own thread.

Many of you may be aware about the the hufflepuff going about that CNN scripted a townhall event with Parkland shooting victims. Colton Haab told Fox News' Tucker Carlson on Thursday that a CNN producer rewrote a question for Haab to ask at the network's town hall-style event on Wednesday. Colton supposedly did not feel comfortable attending because of this. Well as evidence they provided supposed email correspondence from CNN attempted to push forward scripted questions. It appears however the email had been doctored:

The family of Colton Haab, a student at the Florida high school where a gunman killed 17 people last week, provided a doctored email to media outlets in order to defend Haab’s claims that CNN rewrote a question for him to ask at the network’s Wednesday town-hall-style event on school shootings.

Haab told the Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Thursday night that CNN executive producer Carrie Stevenson gave him a question to deliver to lawmakers and told him to “stick to the script.”

But CNN says there is “absolutely no truth” to Colton’s claims, which he first made on a Miami TV-news station.

www.businessinsider.com.au...

CNN's version of the email:

Haab's version of the email:

According to the metadata of the Word document containing the email that was provided to Fox, it appears that Glenn last edited it. This was reported by Business Insider.

We're still waiting for a response from Haab's family on this matter. Given the history of hoaxes and false news I don't put too much confidence they'll be able to refute this. Even once it's proven Haab and his family lied do I have any faith people will eat humble pie on here and admit being wrong? No.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Well thank God you brought this up.

Here I have been, sitting on the fence the last few years or so wondering if CNN was just a s-hole reporting agency. Time after time, I would watch them fix the news, lie about the news, change news to make news.

Now THIS comes out and I was totally vindicated in my fence-sitting. CNN was always correct!!!

So CNN good when they rewrite the news, teenagers who are being reported as not going with the CNN narrative bad.

I can go back to sleep now... thanks for your perfectly nonpartisan newsflash!!!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You sarcastic post really demonstrates how deep in cognitive dissonance people have really become. It's demonstrated by that strawman in your post used to derail this thread. At no point in the OP was there any vindication of CNN being an honest media outlet at all points. The OP focuses on the issue of Haab's family's claim and the doctored emails.

Why don't you learn to be honest with yourself and with others on here about the matter at hand. That email from Haab's family had been edited as opposed to CNN's one.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
it might help to learn something about computers before buying into this totally BS allegation.

First, emails are not saved as word documents. The text would have had to be copied and pasted to a Word document and of course that would show Haab or whoever was the last person to edit it because when you save a file you just created that counts as "last changed/last edited by...".

And anyway, nothing can be proven without having direct access to both emails ON THE SERVER they are stored on and better yet get the server owners themselves to invite skeptics to their headquarters and show them THEIR STORED version of the email on their own equipment proving its original. Only THEN can you put this to bed one way or the other. Otherwise you will just believe what you want to believe.....

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

I was thinking the same thing, this is a piss poor job of CNN or whomever trying to vindicate them.

Apparently whoever it is doesnt have basic knowledge of how emails and tech work.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

First, emails are not saved as word documents. The text would have had to be copied and pasted to a Word document and of course that would show Haab or whoever was the last person to edit i

Why would they provide the email in a word document instead of providing the original email? Given your comment above that it will inevitably show this.

And anyway, nothing can be proven without having direct access to both emails ON THE SERVER

Well looks like the Haab family will have to arrange for this.

Have they indicated such? Can't find so in reports. We're waiting for their response.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Let's see, who should we believe?

An organizations that has been caught lying and manufacturing "news" many times to push their own political agenda, or this young man whom we have no reason to doubt?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'll believe the kid and the family who are going through the tragedy over a known fake news outlet like CNN, thanks.

I just watched one of the CNN presenters claim she never let accusations that the NRA were child murderers stand, calling the person who said they did, a liar. Then watched a video of this CNN 'presenter' doing exactly that - letting child murderer claims stand unchallenged.

I am sure they will try and doctor that evidence too.

edit on 25/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

First, emails are not saved as word documents. The text would have had to be copied and pasted to a Word document and of course that would show Haab or whoever was the last person to edit i

Why would they provide the email in a word document instead of providing the original email? Given your comment above that it will inevitably show this.

And anyway, nothing can be proven without having direct access to both emails ON THE SERVER

Well looks like the Haab family will have to arrange for this.

Have they indicated such? Can't find so in reports. We're waiting for their response.

You have no idea how to engage honest dialogue. The onus is upon you.
The rules of engagement go as thus:
I am right until proven wrong, you are wrong until proven right.
Vary from that and you are trolling.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
CNN's version of the email:

Haab's version of the email:

It would have been less ambiguous if the CNN version showed who the email was sent to. For all we know, it could be a version that was circulated internally for review before going to Haab. All we see is who it's from. Is CNN hiding something?
edit on 2-25-2018 by LogicalGraphitti because: Misspelled Haab

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

These are two different emails. The time stamps dont match.

One may be an internal one sent for review before being sent out to the young man like you alluded to.

CNN is a proven liar. They dont get the benefit of the doubt anymore from me at least. Show the actual technical evidence of alterations.

This is just a screen shot of two different emails sent at different times.

The kid has nothing to gain by lying. CNN does.

EDIT TO ADD:
Also the CNN email is missing header information. CNNs version is incomplete. I call BS.

edit on 2 25 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
CNN might have everything on the line for them in this fiasco they orchestrated.
DJT Declared National Emergency and EO could freeze CNN's accounts if this continues to play out. CNN is acting out a coverup.
That twitter that was unrolled showing the corruption in Miami-Dade and Broward County and the systemic corruption spanning different government entities. What if CNN is privvy to that info and it can be proven?
This is looking like a hail mary play knowing the game is about to end
I would gather to say cnn has everything on the line with this one and it is unraveling on them quickly

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

CNN might have everything on the line for them in this fiasco they orchestrated.
DJT Declared National Emergency and EO could freeze CNN's accounts if this continues to play out. CNN is acting out a coverup.
That twitter that was unrolled showing the corruption in Miami-Dade and Broward County and the systemic corruption spanning different government entities. What if CNN is privvy to that info and it can be proven?
This is looking like a hail mary play knowing the game is about to end
I would gather to say cnn has everything on the line with this one and it is unraveling on them quickly

I hope it doesn't come down to some legal intervention against CNN. The journalism community needs to fix this because any intervention against CNN is not good for any other broadcaster, Fox included. I remember in the early years of Obama, he threatened to block Fox from attending press conferences. CNN even took offence to that. Not because they were pals but because of the precedent it would set.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

These are two different emails. The time stamps dont match.

The timestamps don't have to match. It shows minutes, not seconds so its hard to tell what took place from the time it was sent to the time it was received on another computer. In fact, not all computers are properly sync'ed.

For the sake f argument, we could theorize that:

5:46:01 Carrie Stevenson sent the email internally to someone
5:46:20 That someone responds and said "drop the 'he submitted' part"
5:46:59 Carrie sends the edited email to Glenn
5:47:00 Glenn's email server received the message

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Look how far we've come.

We now have people defending the MSM.

Worthy of a conspiracy in of itself.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Flimsy.

These emails are different in more ways than one.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Back in windows xp day the top one would looks to be the edited one.

This day and age I can't say but 2 words were deleted or added?

Is according to word dump the only evidence?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The metadata of the word doc is meaningless, as someone already pointed out. I’m sure CNN’s version shows they last modified the word document they provided.

Both parties had to create a word doc version of the email.

Also, this entire thread is a joke coming from someone who insists everyone believe Obama’s birth certificate is authentic without question, and is one of the first to get his panties in a bunch when there are threads on the topic.

ETA: And, btw, both versions show CNN insisted that Colton stick to what CNN approved of rather than say what he wanted to say. Colton changed his mind about what he wanted to ask/say and CNN wouldn’t allow it.

edit on 2/25/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Look how far we've come.

We now have people defending the MSM.

Worthy of a conspiracy in of itself.

So because it's CNN we should just automatically believe these claims and not do our due diligence to deny ignorance?

I understand that the MSM may not report to your liking DB. That doesn't mean these kinds of claims from individuals shouldn't be questioned. We're all humans in the end with our own agendas.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Here are the facts to date.

1. Haab is the onlyone out of all the Parkland survivors who has accused CNN of scripting the townhall event.

2. Haab has yet to demonstrate the authentiticity of the email. He sent a copy of it on a word document.

3. Haab and his family to date have not offered any access to the original emails exchanged to date.

This doesn't raise false flags for many here right? Because CNN *must* be the bad guy here?

Somebody else asked what would this kid and his family have to gain by lying? Getting exposure on Fox news? Getting paid for going on TV? What you think they went on Fox news for free?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join