It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainstorming-Protect the Second Amendment But Also Create New Laws

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

But now your argument is less about age and more about training.

Someone who only learns how to care for a gun off of YouTube and through video games is going to be equally dangerous with it at 21 as at 18. Don't you think? Heck, that person would be a problem even if they were 35.

So we need to be clear on this: are you complaining about irresponsibility in general or age related inability?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Got to have 2nd Amendment. Create Stun tech Guns that work over greater distances. Scoop up ALL other Leathal weapons. Phaser !

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

One of the only posts in this thread to give an inch of compromise, and it is much needed.

So would that be a good compromise? Age to purchase weapon is 18, but you must provide a firearms safety training document? I know a lot of 2nd Amendment people will shout "SHALL NOT INFRINGE", but at the same time I'm willing to compromise if the compromise makes damn sense. Common sense should tell everyone that you should have some form of formal training before handling and operating something that can cause serious injury or death.

Let's face it at the end of it all determined assailants will find a way to do harm to people, by vehicular homicide, home made bombs Boston marathon style, or obtaining guns illegally.

And guns like these aren't even regulated

Or there is this

edit on 25-2-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

You didn't answer the question though.

Look, I'm about as gun toting, right leaning, I took an oath to defend the constitution when I was 18 and still keep to that oath as they come.

Many like we would simply yell "WILL NOT INFRINGE", but there are many like me that are willing to listen.

However, it's a two way street.

As several have comment though out ATS: It's those of us that care about the 2nd Amendment who are sacrificing our rights. Those who keep asking us to "compromise" seem to not understand their not giving up something they care about, but are asking those of us who do, to do so.

I'm sure this would be a whole other discussion if we started asking people to "compromise" on their 1st amendment....or their 4th, or several others I could name.

So are we here to work something out? Or are we just here to see that it's Your Way or the Highway?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join