It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Issues Charge and Response Rebuattal To Dem Memo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrandSchemeOfThings
Him being a clown is of his own doing.

Have you heard him speak? He really never elaborates on any subject and seemingly really knows anything about anything.

Yeah, well, I'll take that over some eloquent a$$ like Obama who managed to appoint every crook to a position of power in every government agency we have.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Have you heard him speak? He really never elaborates on any subject and seemingly really knows anything about anything.

Yeah, well, I'll take that over some eloquent a$$ like Obama who managed to appoint every crook to a position of power in every government agency we have.

We've all known people who tried too hard to sound smart. That was Obama in a nutshell. When it came time to implement policy, totally naive and a failure. Half his presidency has already been undone because he couldn't work with anyone. Too arrogant and uncompromising.
edit on 25 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

The Steele 'Dossier' was a very minor part of the original FISA application, AND to the extent that it was mentioned its possible partisan nature was pointed out clearly. Furthermore, the renewals of the warrant were based on information gathered under that original warrant which proved that the warrant was justified, and those renewals had nothing to do with the Steele dossier.

You need to stop shilling for for this false narrative. No matter how many times you repeat the charge, it remains false, and your continued prevarication does not serve you or the country well.

Say what you will, but the proof is in the pudding.
The FBI is under investigation for it's role in the
Clinton Russian Dossier.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

If it was a very minor part, once they realized it was full of nonsense, wouldn't they have removed it from the FISA renewal applications?

First, as I understand it (and I haven't seen that warrant - and neither has anyone else), what was in the first FISA warrant request amounted to a statement that some of the information in the dossier backed up what the FBI knew from other sources - and it was absolutely flagged as sourced from a political partisan origin and not independently verified, and so not necessarily trustworthy. The FBI was VERY upfront with the FISA court - they have to be or the court will come down on them like a ton of bricks. They need to spell out in detail everything that the FISA court should know in order to grant the warrant, leaving stuff out, no matter how minor, does not do their case any good.

Second, it is NOT 'full of nonsense' - exactly the opposite.

By now much of that dossier has most certainly been validated. Some has not (yet!) been validated, but I have not heard of anything that has been falsified. I am sure there is some that is just misunderstood or bad analysis, but on the whole the dossier is exactly the opposite of 'full of nonsense'. I know it is a favorite talking point from the Twitterer-In-Chief, but he has an obvious reason to deflect. His wife isn't too happy with him now, imagine what will hit the fan if she finds out that the hinted at 'pee-pee' tape really exists.

Third, for a renewal to be granted, it must be demonstrated that the surveillance was justified in the first place by tangible results. The fact that it was renewed several times proves that that was happening - useful intelligence was being gained. I don't have any idea about a renewal application contains. The original plus new, or just new? And if they have validated some of that dossier in the mean time, why would they leave it out?

And Page is on the path to flipping, so there must be enough there to have his lawyers advising him he had better start doing something to reduce his time in stir - for his family's sake if not his own.

All the info available indicates it was more than a "very minor part".

NO. IT. DOESN'T.

The original FISA warrant was based on much more solid information than the, at the time, unknown strength of the dossier. Like FBI awareness that Carter Page was absolutely approached by the Russians years ago, that he had been in Russia dealing with the same folks that were trying to turn him, and more.

The Steele Dossier DID repeat some information the FBI already knew from other sources, so they had a presumptive reason to use some of that information as backup. That doesn't mean that they believed the entire dossier, but it gave them "probable cause" to work on validating the rest of it.

And it was clearly marked as of unknown reliability at that time. It has gained a lot of reliability since.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Oh, really?

How many Obama appointee's (keep it reasonable here, 'top level' appointees only), were indicted or removed in disgrace in the 8 years he was in office?

How many Trump appointee's have been indicted or removed in disgrace in the 13 months that Trump has been in office. How many are hanging on by the skin of their teeth? How many aren't sleeping at night because they aren't sure what Mueller knows?

The objective evidence is there, your line cannot be supported. All Presidents have their share of scandal while in office, and Obama is no exception. But the simple fact is that he had less scandal, and certainly less corruption, than any Presidential administration in living memory. Conversely, Trump is speedily closing in on the all-time record. Which is right up his alley, because although he claims to be the most popular, effective President ever, he certainly is not. But he might just make the most corrupt President ever, I'm sure he'll be proud of that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join