It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for comprehensive common sense cell phone control legislation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I know some of you are in Florida too. So you will know what I mean.

My fiance and I always laugh about how when your at any place here, it doesn't mattet where, you look into your rearview, picture the "wa wa wa" country theme, as tumleweed rolls by, pure emptiness, nobody around.

The minute you put it in reverse, it's like a gd carnival invasion behind your car, 3 cars wanting your spot, 2 people with dogs, a wheel chair dude, maybe a weird stork looking bird.

We need to make a commercial.

And yes sleeping through lights and lane swerving texters are a huge problem here. The worst I have seen.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Uh oh, we have another one:

What kind of heartless sociopath would support such sick and senseless behavior?

Keep them coming though. Like I said, I see what you're doing and I get it, har har, har.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Well, it would appear you OP and overall argument is based on false equivalencies and logical fallacies.

I guess you support the widespread and uncontrolled killing of innocent children and families on the road then? Because, THAT is the topic I am speaking about here. If you have another topic in mind, I suggest to stop the deflection and attempts to derail the thread.

This is a real problem on the road in this country. And until we take it seriously, we will continue to go blindly into the night, killing as many children as needed to satisfy this sick obsession with being constantly connected and the narcissistic personality disorder that makes you feel important.

Texting while driving is KILLING our children. Anyone that disagrees is beyond reproach IMO. A vehicle should be a safe zone.

What about MY right not to die on the road due to their irresponsible texting???!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Cell phone manufacturers should be held libel for every death.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I guess you support the widespread and uncontrolled killing of innocent children and families on the road then? Because, THAT is the topic I am speaking about here. If you have another topic in mind, I suggest to stop the deflection and attempts to derail the thread.

Of course. I must want widespread and uncontrolled killing of innocent kids and families...just because I pointed out the OP is based on logical fallacies and false equivalences.

And that is on topic. Not deflection.

What about MY right not to die on the road due to their irresponsible texting???!!!

You have no such right.

Your premise is stupid.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: agentblue

I rather doubt many will embrace your hyperbole or sardonic response. I believe you Are distressed from your loss, I'll add may they RIP. But there are possibilities not yet explored that would remedy the Problem. Perhaps even saving more of your loved ones.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Of course. I must want widespread and uncontrolled killing of innocent kids and families...just because I pointed out the OP is based on logical fallacies and false equivalences.

And that is on topic. Not deflection.

You have no such right.

Your premise is stupid.

I see you are totally unwilling to have a reasonable discussion. And instead are gripping your smartphone as a phallic symbol of your own narcissistic delusions.

Please come back when you are ready to discuss this overuse and sale of these proven death machines in the hands of unqualified and untrained people on the road.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The constitution states that you have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.... I am not quite so sure we have a right to not die...... if that was the case every doctor that ever treated a patient that ended up dying could be held liable for a patient kicking the bucket... that’s another can of worms if you want to open it. a reply to: Krakatoa

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: agentblue

I rather doubt many will embrace your hyperbole or sardonic response. I believe you Are distressed from your loss, I'll add may they RIP. But there are possibilities not yet explored that would remedy the Problem. Perhaps even saving more of your loved ones.
Thank you for your condolences but it’s just the facts of life that we all either die or die....

I don’t live my life worried about what other people think or what society thinks. All I need to do is live until the lord takes me and throws me in hell or heaven. That’s my two options and that’s really all there is to life.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: agentblue

The constitution states that you have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.... I am not quite so sure we have a right to not die...... if that was the case every doctor that ever treated a patient that ended up dying could be held liable for a patient kicking the bucket... that’s another can of worms if you want to open it. a reply to: Krakatoa

And every doctor found guilty of malpractice resulting in death does have to pay. So, according to you, that right to life and pursuit of happiness does not extend to our common use of the roadways in that pursuit? I expect that vehicle I am in to be a safe zone. Protected by that right to life. Safe from the likes of those that use these death machines irresponsibly resulting in THOUSANDS of deaths per year in this country.

When will the madness end???!?!!?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Institute safeguards, not a system of fines. There could be methods of inactivating cell phones while in travel, thus negating the risk of unattentive driving. Not an institution of revenue.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I see you are totally unwilling to have a reasonable discussion.

We can not have such a discussion when the very basic premise of the discussion has been flawed since it's creation.

In other words, how can we have a reasonable discussion when you cannot see that your OP has the problems I described?

It seems it is you that do not want to actually discuss the OP and it's problems.

And instead are gripping your smartphone as a phallic symbol of your own narcissistic delusions.

Did you forget to take some meds this morning?

Please come back when you are ready to discuss this overuse and sale of these proven death machines in the hands of unqualified and untrained people on the road.

You do not have the right to either the phones or to use the roads.

Your very basic premise is flawed and absurd.
edit on 24-2-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

What kind of heartless sociopath would support such sick and senseless behavior?

Keep them coming though. Like I said, I see what you're doing and I get it, har har, har.

~Tenth

Why do you mock the deaths of so many children on the road? I think you grasp at that smartphone too tightly. You have no need to possess such a death machine while driving. Let it go, it does not define your life.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Aye the medical law is set forth due to negligence leading to death. It is only after something has actually happened does the law take effect. So by that premise, cell phone use can happen until something actually causes a wreck or other precarious incidents occur since there is no victim until an act of negligence actually occurs then the blame falls squarely on the assailant.... not a burden of society in general a reply to: Krakatoa

edit on 24-2-2018 by agentblue because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

All told, a full 14% of fatal distracted driving crashes involved a cell phone that was in use at the time of the wreck, according to the NHTSA. Of the total number of fatal crashes in 2015, 10% involved the use of a phone.

The statistics suggest a small uptick from the previous year, when the NHTSA found that 13% of all distraction-affected crashes could be attributed to cell phones—even as the number of 16- to 24-year-olds using a phone while behind the wheel fell more than a full percentage point, dropping from 5.8% in 2014 to 4.6% in 2015.

The country also suffered the largest increase of total auto deaths in that same time period, with the number jumping 7.2% between 2014 and 2015, when 35,092 people were killed on American roadways.

And people do not trust autonomous vehicles it seems too.

And while the survey didn’t specify the difference between drivers using a phone to talk or to text—by far the more dangerous activity behind the wheel—a separate spate of questions revealed that most of the drivers felt the need to respond to any text message either “right away” or “within 5 minutes” of receiving it. Despite this, a wide majority of participants—81%, to be exact—reported that they believed they were safer drivers than autonomous vehicles, even though it’s been predicted that the burgeoning technology could reduce all traffic accidents by up to 90%.

Source: Death by Text Message? Stats Show How Technology Is Killing Us

Save a life, destroy that smartphone or voluntarily surrender it to the local police station. You will not regret it folks, you may have the chance to stop the killing. You can make a difference if you only elect to care enough to give up this needless fascination with that device.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

~Tenth

Why do you mock the deaths of so many children on the road? I think you grasp at that smartphone too tightly. You have no need to possess such a death machine while driving. Let it go, it does not define your life.

It's illegal in some states to use a phone while driving.

No one is taking your bait, the only one doing any mocking is yourself. By the way, you're definitely helping "your sides," arguement.

Doesn't come off as childish or immature at all.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: agentblue
Aye the medical law is set forth due to negligence leading to death. It is only after something has actually happened does the law take effect. So by that premise, cell phone use can happen until something actually causes a wreck or other precarious incidents occur since there is no victim until an act of negligence actually occurs then the blame falls squarely on the assailant.... not a burden of society in general a reply to: Krakatoa

If you have not noticed, people have died, and continue to die as a result of this death machine.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

~Tenth

No one is taking your bait, the only one doing any mocking is yourself. By the way, you're definitely helping "your sides," arguement.

I am stating actual facts and statistics form valid sources, not opinions. Do you dispute them? Do you not think people are killed by the thousands each year in this country due to texting while driving? How many more must die until you take this seriously? Mocking me will not save the next child killed....will it? Perhaps you would like that? I dunno, but your attitude seems to indicate you are openly accepting that it is OK for children to be killed in this way, as long as you have YOUR ability to text while driving.

I say, the time have come. No more.

#StopTheChildKillingSmartphoneNow

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

~Tenth

As for them being illegal in some states, all you need to do it take that cell phone across the state lines into a state that does not regulate it and kill children there. How is that a solution???

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have noticed people have died but that is the fault of that individual not making good choicesthatd leads to someone’s demise or injury. The blame falls squarely on the individual at that moment. There are already laws set forth to rectify a person’s victim due to negligence. Does it matter how the negligence was perpetrated...? No! It only matters that the person didn’t perform due diligence of protecting himself from liability. a reply to: Krakatoa

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join