It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CPAC exposes its racist underbelly for all to see.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Of course, I just went back and read what I typed, and I also recall how you were told that if you did not vote for Obama, it also proved you were racist.

Nice Catch-22, huh?

Exactly.

And to my point, who were the ones saying that?

The loudest voices in the room. Who are those people?

Extremists.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The mainstream press.

Are you saying that ABC, NBC, CNN, CBS, etc., are all nothing but extremists?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They are as guilty as the rest of them for enabling these people and providing them air time.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Abysha

No, the problem is when people prejudge an entire group for the actions of an individual.

Ian is their communications director. The communications director for a group with voluntary membership. It is safe to judge an individual on their voluntary decision to stay a silent member of a group whose communication is lead by a racist.

How is this not your obvious point-a-to-point-b conclusion? It's a natural progression of thought.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Let's all unite against all the -isms, so we can eliminate the threat Gingers have on our nation's souls.

Then go watch some rap videos that drop all the bombs they are snipping bout,
edit on 24-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Another thing I find odd about what Ian Walters said about Steele being hired because he was black, is that Walters is brown. Why does he think he was hired?
edit on 24-2-2018 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Then you need to blame all the mainstream press outlets because they bring on people who talk extremism just as much on all sides.

But no ... you just blame the group *you* personally disagree with most.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Anyone know Ian's race? He didn't look like a run of the mill pasty white guy in the video. Looked hispanic or maybe Phillipino. Maybe he is one of the "White Hispanics" like George Zimmerman.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Why does he think he was hired?

Affirmative action?

No real reason, but just because.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Oh my dear Lord... purplemonkeydishwasher on steroids.

The CPAC idiot was saying that Republicans elected Steele simply because he's Black and that it was a mistake to elect him for that reason... it was wrong for the idiot to try to speak for everyone. And it's wrong for anyone to presume he can speak for entire CPAC membership.

Steele took the CPAC idiot's remarks to mean that it was a mistake to elect a Black guy for any reason, as opposed to the reasons stated.

And now you're trying to claim that the idiocy of one man who apparently voted for someone because he's Black represents the "racist underbelly" of CPAC and its entire membership....

I have one question: Are you equally contemptuous of the "racist underbelly" of the Dem party that voted for Obama because he's Black?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Another thing I find odd about what Ian Walters about Steele being hired because he was black, is that Walters is brown. Why does he think he was hired?

It again may go back to the context mentioned in a previous post.

It may be that Steele was hired because of the optics as much as for his qualifications. Perhaps Walters felt someone else should have been hired at the time, I don't know. I generally don't pay much attention to CPAC as a whole, but I do know that our current SJW-style environment where every single thing we do or see is first analyzed through the prism of what race, gender, sexual orientation, victim class, ideology, religion, etc., someone is is poisoning a lot of things that shouldn't have to be poisoned.

For cripes sake!

People can't even be happy with Black Panther because there aren't any gay Wakandans in it!

You know what? There aren't any camels in it either, and I'll bet the camels don't care.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: BlueJacket

But you do realize the people whom you all, allow to represent you, keep saying racist things.

I mean, we aren't making them say those things, they are things being said. Now I hate a bandwagon as much as the next person and yes the racist card gets thrown out too much.

But that was some racist sh.t right there.

“We elected Mike Steele as chairman because he was a black guy, that was the wrong thing to do.” According to those in the room at the time, the comment was met with audible gasps.

From the OP's source.

ETA: And it's racist because, the guy literally said, that he was ELECTED because of his RACE.

~Tenth

If it's true then it's not racist at all.
Affirmative action is inherently racist, though.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Ironically enough, Walters could have praised the action as evidence of the GOP's new diversity standards, and certain people here would be applauding this like trained monkeys.

After all, isn't this basically the same type of hiring practice that places like Google have to "ensure diversity"? You know, screening based on all the special classes they feel are under-represented in the workplace?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Steele deserves this and a big high five, on the face, with a chair for thinking that sentiment wasn't in the room he oversaw just because he didn't hear it while he was there.

facts of life, no amount of time will make that sentiment go away.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ironically enough, Walters could have praised the action as evidence of the GOP's new diversity standards, and certain people here would be applauding this like trained monkeys.

After all, isn't this basically the same type of hiring practice that places like Google have to "ensure diversity"? You know, screening based on all the special classes they feel are under-represented in the workplace?

Yep - Google (and others) have racist hiring policies (against white people) and there is no denying it.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Steele deserves this and a big high five, on the face, with a chair for thinking that sentiment wasn't in the room he oversaw just because he didn't hear it while he was there.

facts of life, no amount of time will make that sentiment go away.

Agreed. Him and those people who gasped in the audience should go take some courses in reading a room. This is the moment they suddenly found out?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If affirmative action is inherently racist, then hiring him because he was black, is racist.

It can't be one without the other.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: BlueJacket
ETA: And it's racist because, the guy literally said, that he was ELECTED because of his RACE.

~Tenth

Then by your standards affirmative action is racist...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Nonismicism.
I'm starting a non-movement.
Want to join?
Too bad.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

How is it not racist?

If you hire somebody over another person, based on race, that's racist. Affirmative action was a good idea when racism was prevalent among the general population.

It's not anymore, only through institutions. You don't need affirmative action anymore to 'help' minorities climb the white ladder of power.

(The ladder hardly exists anymore, other than again, certain institutions.)

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join